Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Stalling Problem - Revisited - Again!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 09:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Stalling Problem - Revisited - Again!

ok .... my stalling problem has come back .... took to a new dealer (since stevens creek sucks .... don't get me started ) and they couldn't find anything except that the brake fluid was low (and it had just been in for service at stevens creek ... i said don't get me started). it seems that the clutch and brake pull from the same reservoir so it conceivably could not have enough to disengage the clutch while breaking on a hill. however it has happened on flat ground, albeit not nearly as often as going downhill. also, it doesn't explain why it happens most often at altitude and in the cold; if it was a fluid issue you would think it would happen more at sea level since fluid is compressed more at sea level than at altitude. also, when it dies it doesn't shudder like the engine is being dragged .... it just quits

so ... i know someone had a similar issue so any updates??? also ... who was the corporate person that was involved with the issue (all i have is the name aaron ... the dealer has no clue)????
Old 02-20-2004, 06:21 PM
Banned
SL Member

Do a search ( im too tired and lazy ) but the guy your thinking of had the same problem, and Scion bought his back, and gave him a new one off the lot, no questions asked.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just talked to a friend who had a similar stalling problem with his Celica GTS -- he said his problem was in the throttle position sensor.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sithscripter
Just talked to a friend who had a similar stalling problem with his Celica GTS -- he said his problem was in the throttle position sensor.
you actually have to replace the entire throttle body. there are some matrix's having this problem and my dad is only one that has taken the time to replace it and it works. just replacing the sensor will cause it to still happen again. if you want to talk to someone about it go to www.matrixowners.com and pm pandrus. he is a really nice guy and will help you with everything you need to know.