Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

tC pass. side sunroof metal rattling not loose screw TSB?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC pass. side sunroof metal rattling not loose screw TSB?

Hello, anyone know anything about a metal tapping noise near the passenger side sunroof that occurs everytime I go over a bump on the Scion tC? Sounds like a spring taping metal. I took it to the dealer and they took off the pillars and found nothing. The sunroof screws are tight (related to the sunroof TSB). They said I need to reschedule when I have more time because they need to remove the headliner. If someone had this problem repair, please let me know how so I can tell the tech. I am a bit worried about how safe is it to let them remove and reinstall the headliner. I don't know if a removed headliner will reposition the same. Thanks!
Old 12-12-2004, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member

i just had mine fixed by a dealer here. I had that same problem, and during the drive with a tech there, he discovered it came from that pillar between the sun roof and the moon roof, might want to ask them to ride with you and focus on that area while your driving.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by diamondback
i just had mine fixed by a dealer here. I had that same problem, and during the drive with a tech there, he discovered it came from that pillar between the sun roof and the moon roof, might want to ask them to ride with you and focus on that area while your driving.
I took it to the dealer. I asked that I want to be in the car when the tech drives it to check out the sound...but they didn't follow my request....so i was displeased. well, the service rep told me that the tech heard the sound, and the tech tried to cushion the side pillar to no avail. The rep then told me that they will need to remove the headliner to inspect it further, which may need my car to stay overnight. So I rescheduled because I don't know if that is necessary, so I'm posting on here to find out.

Can you tell me more specifically where this pillar is located so that I can check it out myself? Also, can you give me the location of the dealership (and number if possible) that fixed your car...and specifically the tech that helped you out? What did the tech do to fix it?
Old 12-12-2004, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member

i had mine fixed at cavender toyota here in san antonio, and the tech i believe was craig. if you call them up and mention a scion tC with rattling that was there this last week, it should still be fresh for them.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for info, will call them!