Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Thank you to the posters

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 03:53 PM

Default Thank you to the posters

Just wanted to say "Thank You" to the posters who've experienced code issues, anomalies and other unique maladies with their Scions. I have been a Toyota & Lexus owner since 1988. I have not owned another make since. I just purchased a 2005 Scion xB with 132K miles with a clean title. The 2005 Scion xB is in pristine condition, one previous owner and she had it serviced regularly keeping all of the service & shop records, all books and the inside the xB is like brand new-little or no wear like owned by a little old lady from Pasadena! I bought it in hopes my son would take ownership of it but he's like most boys-he want's only fast, only cool and doesn't want to pay for the gas, insurance, maintenance or repairs! We had it shipped from an awesome carrier company from St. Louis to Boca Raton so if anyone ever needs a recommendation on a car carrier/shipper, I've got the one for you. The xB was filthy when it arrived but after a thorough body and motor wash, it was like I just bought a new car! The owner really did a great job caring for it. My son has been driving it back and forth to work, school, friends and more friends. He has not put any gas back in it yet but I'm on him to do it and he's not happy thinking I'm picking on him. Well, my wife is picking on him then too-which is good. Anyway, I went to drive it to the drug store two days ago and noticed the VSC, TRAC and CEL was on. Well, I was ____ed because my dear son never told me. He probably wouldn't know how to even open the hood...Being new to this forum, I checked the threads using the above acronyms and whalla...found out I could be spending $ 800.00 on a repair or..I could try resetting the ECU fuse to see if the lights turn off. My son did put three dollars into the tank last week and when I went to check the gas cap, it was nearly off and not clicked into place. Thus, I thought there was a sensor that went crazy thinking there was no cap at all. I tried to show my son how to replace the gas cap but he had two minutes of trying to figure out how to get it on! Click? No just on. So, I explained to him the importance of putting the gas cap on correctly. I hope he remembers. Anyway, after following several threads on ScionLife.com, I tried removing the ECU fuses and...>Tadah......it worked! All three lights went out and the xB is running better than ever. A little rough at idle but never the less, we are so happy that the lights are out (for now) and I wanted to thank all of the posters who helped me through this challenge. Thank you! Happy Mother's Day to the Mom's of the posters and the Mom's who post.
JB