Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

What to do.. what to do

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:47 PM

Default What to do.. what to do

In Jan, me and another had attempted turbocharging my car, however, it utterly failed, and while the car drives, she doesn't drive like she's supposed to (bad start, bad idle, stalls, high oil consumption) so I have two groups of questions here:

Based on the headache my car is giving me and my extreme lack of proficiency with repairs, I'm debating going to the dealership (where I did NOT buy the car) and see what they can do to fix the car.
But what's stopping me are the following:

Has any one had success getting repairs done on the extended warranty?

Will the ECM tattle on me?

I'm missing the driver side a pillar cover/garnish, there's going to be a hole in the back where I'm going to remove the water-meth kit, the shroud for the stock manifold is missing, and it's a new exhaust from the s-pipe back, the little boxes beside the foglights have been cut out (to make room for the intercooler piping), the plastics under the car… I think one or two are missing and the rest are secured together and to the car with zip ties, and I have a cupholder full of screws and bolts, both metal and plastic. And the clutch has been replaced, but that has little to do with the engine. And not to mention all the wiring that I"ll be pulling out.

Group two's question:
If I part out the turbo, assuming everything is still fully functional, since I never actually got to see/feel it in action, is there enough interest here that I'd easily sell it all? (thinking pessimistically, b/c if the car won't fix, there's 0 reason to keep the turbo + accessories around.)
Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?