Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Where is the drive shaft bolt that needs tighten every 15k?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Back In Black xA
Its most definitely a 30mm 12pt, all the new Toyota cars use that special size. The old cars were 30mm regular nut with a cotter pin to keep it from moving. The new ones are 12pt and have a part crushed in so it can't move, same as Honda ones.
^^^ Yes, its a 30mm, not a 28mm.

I've checked mine and its pretty much the way it came when I bought the car. I haven't had to tighten mine.

Those who say it was tightened are blowing smoke and taking your money for no reason
Old 08-24-2005, 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Where is the drive shaft bolt that needs tighten every 1

Originally Posted by chucksu
Originally Posted by tcm_xB
1) How many ball joints are there? I know what they are just want to know how many there are to inspect??
No clue :oops:
2) Front differential oil. What is this stuff since tranny fluid is listed also??
Dont need, only 4WD cars have a front diff. So tranny fluid in this case.
3) Fuel lines and connections, fuel tank band and fuel tank vapor vent system hose??
Just follow the things from the gas tank. Needs to be a little soft, if way to hard, wont flex then replace.
4) How do you inspect the radiator core and condenser?
I think you just take a look to make sure its not damaged. A shop might pressure test these to make sure its still good.
5) Steering gear box?
might be a PITA seeing its uses a rack & pinion, so no "steering box" in the old sense.
6) Steering linkage and boots?
again a PITA, need to find the rack first, then look at the rod going to it & the boots on the rod I think 2?
7) brake linings / drums and brake pads / discs. How do you know if these are defective?
Just make sure they have enough life left on them. Cant recall name of tool right now. Also pads have enough life.
EVERY car has a differential- and since this is a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE, it has a front dif