Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Zaino vs. Shining Monkey Battle of the Waxes

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Zaino vs. Shining Monkey Battle of the Waxes

Okay so i've done my share of due diligence in reading up on my options for detailing my new tc, and i have narrowed it down to zaino and shining monkey.

i know a lot of ppl on the site love either or, but have any of you tried both and see a clear winner?

i would probably just have picked up the zaino set because of all the favorable reviews but the cost is slightly prohibitive so i'm wondering how shining monkey's d-spec line holds up.

thanks for the feedback i really do appreciate the advice.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

not a single person so far has a preference for waxes? i would take this over to autopia but shining monkey is unheard of over there.

normally, that alone would be answer enough for me. but i know there are some shining monkey fans here, where you all at??
Old 02-14-2005, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

lol sorry it was the weekend.... i say siny mony they are the best IMO i tryed the other stuff but monkey is more afodibal and looks much better.. better glosse and sine.... bow to the monkey...
Old 02-14-2005, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have never tried the Zaino system simply because of the cost. I am currently using the Shining Monkey products and I love the results. If after you wash the car, you do a quick detail job on it with the d-spec detailer, the car will stay clean days longer than just washing it alone. The hand glaze is a little hard to remove from the car but the polish and wax are wonderful and the car feels very smooth and almost like plastic when it is waxed. Hope that helps.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the zaino, but you have to be willing to spend the extra money for a 30% better looking finish (IMO). Zaino is a bit hard to remove (wax/polish) but any dark colored vehicles looks brilliant after the hard work, plus I think it works better for hiding small scratchs... But I do use monkey on my white tC, a little less hassle, great product, affordable price -- my .02

ps.

I also use Meguiars NXT tech wax for quick wax jobs, goes on easy, comes off easier, leave a beautiful gloss, and excellent shine. Prob with this one, it doesnt seem to hold up to other wax as far as longevity go, you make have to do this every 3 months to keep up with it (I do mine bi-weekly anyways) But this is a great "quick wax" takes me about 20 - 30 min for a full wax on the tc with this stuff, it comes off really easy..

Make sure to use your micro fibers
Old 02-14-2005, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the tips guys.

i'm interested in the shining monkey but was a bit wary because of their use of p.t.f.e in one of their products.

i know that some detailers question the validity of teflon.

how long would you say the shining monkey lasts in comparison to zaino? i might be willing to pay the extra $$ if it means i won't have to was as often.

and is buying the whole d-spec line the best way to go?

sorry for so many questions...just want to make sure i make the right decisions.

btw...i dont know if this will make much of a diff. in picking a wax but i have a SW tc.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

read the wax review, they reviewed like 40 waxes
and zaino went on top,
trust ONLY what u think is a FOR SURE reliable source,
most of the time, people on the net are idiots(im not saying anyone here is). u can't go wrong if zaino placed first on top of all the meguiar's, all of the turtle wax and whatever else.

zaino ranked one, and i was guilty of thinking that zaino was hype. but its not. its seriously a good product.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what would you recommend then as bare min for zaino? zfx, z2 and z5?

i was thinking ill probably pick up a mothers clay bar.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i would recommend just using wahtever u like for a glaze occasionally and just use the pink stuff(zaino).
its the showcar i forgot what number it is.. lol
just get the pink ____.. its super good
leaves a 'wet look' on the car.,.
im very **** to the car's finish and shine, i don't like finger prints, swirls OR DUST on my car..
imperial hand glaze and some zaino will do wonders.

clay bar makes the car feel smooth.. i've came to realize that looking and feeling good is 2 seperate things.