Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: Should abortions be legal???
Yes!!
68.24%
No!!
31.76%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Abortion (debate)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by guitarguru44
oh and i dont argue this as a religious issue and further more here is a list off things I think hould be made legal (not joking)
1. drugs, and pretty much all illegal substances including steriods, etc.
2. drinking age and voting age should be moved to 18,
3. death sentence should be eliminated and replaced with life in jail..
4. prostitution should be legal

thats about it for now.. It's not that I am overly against anything because of religion or social implications, etc.
Yeah, it sounds like you're a well-grounded guy with strong morals...
No, actually, it sounds like you should be in a treatment center with Britney.

Good god.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think Abortions should be Legal... they are mostly done because both the mother and/or father are not ready for the responsibility or are not financially ready for one. Why not provide a child with a good life rather than a life of poverty.

It's very easy to say, don't have sex if your not ready for the responsibilty... If everyone thought like that, premarital would slim to none... We all do it and don't think of the consequences.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by SciontCya
Originally Posted by GreenLantern

rape or other wise as this has trurned to. Murder is murder in my eyes and that is my opinion if you can go to sleep at night know that you murder a child be it a fetus or other wise that is something you will have to live with...no matter how the child is conceived...
Until it's your sister or wife maybe?
so you think the child should be blamed? I wouldn't neither expect my wife nor my sister to raise the child but if they felt that murdering it would make everything better then that would be there choice, I wouldn't agree with it...because it wouldn't matter they would then have to deal with two evils instead of just one
Old 03-07-2007, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

[quote="rockbrawler884"]I think Abortions should be Legal... they are mostly done because both the mother and/or father are not ready for the responsibility or are not financially ready for one. Why not provide a child with a good life rather than a life of poverty. ........[quote]

I think you mean a good death rather than a life of poverty...give the child up for adoption if that's the case there are many people out there that cannot have shildren that would provided the child a better life

abortion is a just a quick fix that people seem to justify due to finacial issues and that is a sad state of affairs
Old 03-07-2007, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

...I wouldn't agree with it...because it wouldn't matter they would then have to deal with two evils instead of just one.
See, that's the issue, YOU don't have to deal with it - she would.
It's not YOU or YOUR body is it?

I'm sorry, but if you think continuing DNA of a rapist/crack-head is a good thing, we are not going to agree.

Sometimes you have to take the lesser of two evils, and those types of species propagation are not what I want in the world.

I'm sure your wife/sister would agree.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and i dont argue this as a religious issue and further more here is a list off things I think hould be made legal (not joking)
1. drugs, and pretty much all illegal substances including steriods, etc.
2. drinking age and voting age should be moved to 18,
3. death sentence should be eliminated and replaced with life in jail..
4. prostitution should be legal

thats about it for now.. It's not that I am overly against anything because of religion or social implications, etc.
1. So the drug trafficking should be legal? What about the people that get high and hurt themselves or other people when high? Steroids, I dont care about. I actually think it would make professional sports more interesting. I dont see how making Crystal Meth legal, would benefit anyone. Other than Drug Dealers
2. Isnt the voting age 18 now? I dont know, I dont vote. Its a waste of time. No Man will ever bring Peace into this $&%$box of a world. Drinking on the other hand, I agree with. If you are old enough to be in the military, get married, buy a gun; you should be able to drink.
3. Are you out of your mind? So a person that brutally rapes and murders a 12 year old girl; or a terrorist that kills hundreds of people; or a cop killer should not be executed? An eye for an eye. Get rid of the Death Sentence as it is now, and let the family of the victim(s) decide how to take care of the problem,
4. Reminds me of a Chris Rock joke.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

hey smart pants (guitarwhatever)

maybe you should read the other 10 posts I made on this thread regarding the matter. Or maybe you should re-learn english and read better.

I need not to justify my opinion.

Everyone has one. But unlike people like YOU, others do't need to call the "opposing" view by names.

Hence my irritation and name-calling came forth, because that's the only way people like you understand.

Or I could take a better road and ignore your futile/ignorant comments.

WHich is what I shall do.

(good enough of a post or you need to come back with the same comeback?)
Old 03-07-2007, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

I think you mean a good death rather than a life of poverty...give the child up for adoption if that's the case there are many people out there that cannot have shildren that would provided the child a better life

abortion is a just a quick fix that people seem to justify due to finacial issues and that is a sad state of affairs
Do you have any idea of the cost to society for the current generation of crack-babies?
Those people are not ever going to be able to overcome the emotional and chemically damaged brains that were created by idiots.

Crime and medical costs of which we can't in any way shape or form afford.

No thank you.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when does life begin? if you ask me, sperm looks like a batch of very alive little white tadpoles. so every time you masterbage, or have sex for pleasure and not conception, do you realize that you are killing millions of potential lives? i bet you never care at all about that.

now when you say that it is murder, murder is part of our everyday lives. can you go a single day without killing anything? are you a vegan? do you eat meat? eggs (gasp, unborn chickens) when you drive your scion, how many bugs have you splattered accross your bumper and windshield? where do you draw the line?

now, prenancy is a serious lifechanging event. the mother will have an extremly difficult time in the third tri-mester. what if she doesn't have a supportive family, or spouse to help her out? she has to put her body through an extreme amount of pain and torture before the really difficult part begins, the hardships of parenthood. what if she doesn't have health insurance, or a job? are you going to pay for her baby? for her child care that she can't afford period? she will have a catch 22. she needs to get a job to support her child, but she can't get a job because she can't leave her child unattended. so what do you get? you get a mother on welfare raising a child in the ghetto who will probably grow up to be a menace to society.

now guitarguru44, you claim that you are for people rights to drink at 18, take any illegal substance you want, and have sex with prostitutes. well, i feel 100% the same way. if i can vote and die for my country, i'd want to get high and have beer while paying for intercourse too!

actually, i support all those things because it is your body and you have to live with the consequences. you want to get drunk and kill braincells, go for it, if you want to pay for sex or sell your body, enjoy your genital's rotting inside and out, you want to get high? enjoy the process of turning into a vegetable like ozzy osbourne. you know why i say those things? because it is your life and your body, whatever you do to live a happy life is fine because it doesn't affect my happiness. but for you to tell a woman that she can't choose to abort her fetus? unless you are the father, it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU! YOU are not going to experience the pain of pregnancy, YOU are not going to have to raise this child. it is HER CHOICE and she will have to accept whatever devine or karmic ramifacations as well as the guilt of knowing that she killed her own child for whatever her reason may have been, NOT YOU!

therefore, i say live and let live. if you think abortions are wrong, you don't have to ever get one. but for those that are not ready for parenthood, let them have the choice. we already have enough burdens in society.

i am sorry, but as a mound of flesh, i can't say i would be any more than pretty indifferent to being aborted because i would never know i wasn't born. sit and twirl on that one.

as for birth control, i guess not all women can take the pill, and rapist don't usually take the time to wrap their tools. i don't now how hard it is to rape a woman, but i imagine that it couldn't be all that hard. how many girls have been date raped? or a good knock on the head? chloroform? etc. rape happens. a friend of my mother was raped and conceived a child, IT HAPPENS!

as for the day after pill, it is the same thing as an abortion, you are unnaturally enducing a mis-carriage which would still qualify as an abortion.

so take the time to contemplate that "murder" for our benifit is a fact of life, and if it is not your body it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! now go eat an omelette you chicken embryo eatting bastards. lol.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The day after pill is not abortion. It takes usually a couple days for the sperm to get to the egg. What the pill does is prevent it from doing that, It dosent kill anything. I think people confuse the morning after pill with RU486, its not the same.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright.. I am going to end my discussion on this thread. And by end I mean not ever reply to another post placed after this one, as I have had enough non-car talk for a while..

1) I do not condone rape (a sepearate subject all together).

2) I am not telling people what they can and can't do. You can make your own decisions.

I am just providing a few opinions. If it were me who got pregnant (assuming I was a girl), then I would have the kid regardless of anything, most likely even if it put me at risk of dying. If I got a girl pregnant I would work my ___ off to pay for the kid (cuz that would be my little girl or boy). If someone raped my mom or my sister I would persuade them to have the kid cuz it would be my brother/sister or niece/nephew.

3) I believe abortion should be illegal. If you want to go somewhere to get it done then, again, that is your decision (of which I am opposed to).

4) Don't result to name calling or saying things like "learn English" on a forum, unless it's really bad grammar. Use better things to back up your opinions.

5) I wish you people would look at the reasons why YOU think it should be allowed or not allowed. Ask yourself whether it is alright to kill something based on a mistake, rape, mother is in danger due to the pregnancy (the one case that has the most support behind it IMO), etc. Is an economic reason a good reason? Is a "this baby was not planned" reason a good reaosn? etc..

6) Read the previous posts before posting, especially since I said I want the voting age lowered to 18... I did that to see if anyone was reading or whether any one is intelligent enough to pick it up, lol..

7) That's about it. If you think I am unintelligent because of something you read on a forum I could really give a crap less.

8.) Oh and please don't compare human life to food or to bugs splattered on a windshield, that is incredibly juvenile IMO..

9) Murder should never be someone's choice. If you think abortion should be a choice then what would you think about me choosing to kill you?

10) If you are still reading congrats, I wish you people the best of luck in all you do..

JOE
Old 03-07-2007, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
Originally Posted by ___MmmBoxy___
Originally Posted by draxcaliber
okay, the problem with this "if she is raped, it is okay" because if that was the law, i guarentee you we will see a sharp increase in rapes. a woman would just say she was raped to get the okay for the abortion, and it is hard to prove it did or didn't happen.

i think it should be legal for the purpose of safety. just because you outlaw it doesn't mean it won't happen, and next problem you'll have is women dieing from illegal back-alley abortions using unsafe and infectious dangerous procedures. or, people would just go outside the country, canada, or mexico, or whereever to get their abortion performed.
Good. They deserve to die. Karma.

~Stephanie
That's not exactly a healthy Christian attitude.
Funny....I never said I was Christian......do you think I have these beliefs because of a religion???? No, I think for myself. I don't let others tell me how to think. Nice try though!!

~Stephanie
Old 03-07-2007, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I think just by having this debate shows how wrong our society is. Abortion is another scapegoat for responsibility, case in point, “man I got drunk and had unprotected sex last night”. That was your choice to not keep your pecker in your pants (or visa versa) and at one point in our history that person actually had to account for their mistakes. It seems everywhere you look we as a whole are the most irresponsible people (I at times included), who would rather blame someone else or take the “easy” road out.

I love the idea seatledave came up with, why can’t we kill two birds with one stone. How about every time someone gets an abortion they get sterilized as well that way we can’t have repeat offenders. Yes women are raped and in some rare cases are impregnated and yes those would be an acceptable situation, but how many women, assuming abortion be illegal, would make fictitious rape cases just to reap the benefits of abortion? If you think that it couldn’t happen, then look at some of the things people do today to get around the system.

“Pregnancy begins at conception” – I’ve heard this so many times, but what really drives me mad is what people consider conception. I can’t even imagine what goes through someone’s mind when they say “it’s not alive (or have a soul) until the first heart beat” (for example). This is just a horrible justification for ending another’s life. It’s not a tumor or anything else; once the sperm inters the eggs it becomes another life, simple. It’s disgusting how people justify abortion.

This debate will never stop or be solved, personally abortion should have never been created, thus never been discussed. You take a risk every time you have sex, if you don’t like your odds then don’t do it!!! It doesn’t matter if its your body or not and I don’t care what you do with it the rest of the time, but when you know your pregnant no matter what you must account for not only your life but another, period! It is your responsibility as a mother.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looking for a safe stance on abortion? Neither am I!

I'm against abortion, but for killing babies.

Flame away!!

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....i?u=regressive
Old 03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Che pezzo di demente
Old 03-07-2007, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC4italy
Che pezzo di demente
translation?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

What a piece of an idiot (literal translation)
Old 03-07-2007, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man...there are way too many posts to reply to since yesterday...but here's what I can handle.

Originally Posted by Jessicagmz
Originally Posted by Tito_Cruz
Originally Posted by Jessicagmz
I must be one 'old fashioned'........but no, it should not be legal.

Even if rape was the case, I'd give birth to it and give to a happy couple who cannot have children and want one. Not the child's fault.........it deserved to live and be loved by someone
yeah, please don't yell!

and I think those two replies already sum it up pretty well.
No need to get all worked up over this sweety...........you don't have to worry about giving birth.........lol

I gave MY personal opinion and that is just that. You can take it or file it in the dump.......I respect your view point and take everything like a grain of salt.

Also, I wasn't 'yelling' but if using larger font offended you...........I apologize. Do you want me to kneel and beg to make you feel better?

Relax.........(wanna share a beer)
I think alot of online debates get bad because it's hard to differentiate the tone. You're right, I don't have to worry about giving birth. I didn't mean any harm with the comment.

"Yelling" came from the "rules" list. It just states not to write in all caps because it is considered yelling and rude....that's all.

You didn't offend me and you don't have to apologize....

but I will take that beer...

Originally Posted by tC4italy
Are you serious??

This is a thread about ABORTION, no RAPE.

If you are on the pil and you get raped you won't have a kid.

This ends the argument well I am in favor of killing babies if someone was raped.

Besides, this thread has gone to siht just like I had anticipated.. Hitler, WMDs, it all has nothing to done with abortion.
And you think the first thought of a person raped is 'oh poop im gonna get pregnant let me go get a day-after-pill'?????????????

do me a favor go become a woman, get raped, then call me
That's the funniest thing I've ever heard C.
I've always wanted to find a good quote for my sig. With your permission, I'd like to use it.

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
when does life begin? if you ask me, sperm looks like a batch of very alive little white tadpoles. so every time you masterbage, or have sex for pleasure and not conception, do you realize that you are killing millions of potential lives? i bet you never care at all about that.

now when you say that it is murder, murder is part of our everyday lives. can you go a single day without killing anything? are you a vegan? do you eat meat? eggs (gasp, unborn chickens) when you drive your scion, how many bugs have you splattered accross your bumper and windshield? where do you draw the line?

now, prenancy is a serious lifechanging event. the mother will have an extremly difficult time in the third tri-mester. what if she doesn't have a supportive family, or spouse to help her out? she has to put her body through an extreme amount of pain and torture before the really difficult part begins, the hardships of parenthood. what if she doesn't have health insurance, or a job? are you going to pay for her baby? for her child care that she can't afford period? she will have a catch 22. she needs to get a job to support her child, but she can't get a job because she can't leave her child unattended. so what do you get? you get a mother on welfare raising a child in the ghetto who will probably grow up to be a menace to society.

now guitarguru44, you claim that you are for people rights to drink at 18, take any illegal substance you want, and have sex with prostitutes. well, i feel 100% the same way. if i can vote and die for my country, i'd want to get high and have beer while paying for intercourse too!

actually, i support all those things because it is your body and you have to live with the consequences. you want to get drunk and kill braincells, go for it, if you want to pay for sex or sell your body, enjoy your genital's rotting inside and out, you want to get high? enjoy the process of turning into a vegetable like ozzy osbourne. you know why i say those things? because it is your life and your body, whatever you do to live a happy life is fine because it doesn't affect my happiness. but for you to tell a woman that she can't choose to abort her fetus? unless you are the father, it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU! YOU are not going to experience the pain of pregnancy, YOU are not going to have to raise this child. it is HER CHOICE and she will have to accept whatever devine or karmic ramifacations as well as the guilt of knowing that she killed her own child for whatever her reason may have been, NOT YOU!

therefore, i say live and let live. if you think abortions are wrong, you don't have to ever get one. but for those that are not ready for parenthood, let them have the choice. we already have enough burdens in society.

i am sorry, but as a mound of flesh, i can't say i would be any more than pretty indifferent to being aborted because i would never know i wasn't born. sit and twirl on that one.

as for birth control, i guess not all women can take the pill, and rapist don't usually take the time to wrap their tools. i don't now how hard it is to rape a woman, but i imagine that it couldn't be all that hard. how many girls have been date raped? or a good knock on the head? chloroform? etc. rape happens. a friend of my mother was raped and conceived a child, IT HAPPENS!

as for the day after pill, it is the same thing as an abortion, you are unnaturally enducing a mis-carriage which would still qualify as an abortion.

so take the time to contemplate that "murder" for our benifit is a fact of life, and if it is not your body it is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! now go eat an omelette you chicken embryo eatting bastards. lol.
This is just way too well put.

and guitar hero's response to that was just....*FART
Old 03-07-2007, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Tito go ahead, even though I'm not proud of what I said because I'd never wish such a thing to anyone. But since he's a boy it's harmless.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Tito_Cruz
man...there are way too many posts to reply to since yesterday...but here's what I can handle.

I think alot of online debates get bad because it's hard to differentiate the tone. You're right, I don't have to worry about giving birth. I didn't mean any harm with the comment.

"Yelling" came from the "rules" list. It just states not to write in all caps because it is considered yelling and rude....that's all.

You didn't offend me and you don't have to apologize....

but I will take that beer...
I think the debates can be a little fun.........given there is respect and posting in an age-appropriate manner. I actually enjoy reading everyone's input.......you do learn a lot from them.

About the "rules"......I agree........it does state not to write in all caps because it's considered yelling and rude.

But.......still trying to figure out where I wrote in all caps

I think you just couldn't post fast enough to flame me...........that you overlooked that I have been on here for a year this month......

Quick Reply: Abortion (debate)