Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Cell Phone Batteries......

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Cell Phone Batteries......

SUCK!!!!!...anybody else agree???

I swear w/ ALL the technology we have today...Nobody can make a Cell Phone battery last for at least a Week before charging???????.....come on!

My battery last for like a day and a half!....then have to Charge it up!...
I dont even use my phone A LOT either!...
I already had to buy another Battery becuz the original one got OVER-Charged and then couldnt hold a charge for a couple hours etc....

Old 08-07-2007, 01:31 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just invest in a one of those 6 volt flash light batteries and wire that up to your phone
Old 08-07-2007, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got the SCP-2400 flip-phone by Sanyo (with Sprint), and it holds a charge for a good 5 days. That's 5 days of talking, texting, and playing World Poker Tour at least 5 times a day. Best phone I ever had. Kinda glad I forgot my Nokia on top of the car now.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ lol
Old 08-07-2007, 04:37 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My Sanyo 4900 with the extended life battery used to easily run 10 days, my Sanyo 4930 is not quite as strong, but I charge it once a week...
Old 08-07-2007, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW...so Sanyo's have good Battery life????...lol...

I have an LG P.O.S. after Texting, a couple phone calls I loose 2 bars of energy in one day!!!!....
Old 08-07-2007, 06:36 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Depends on use, but yeah, some Sanyos have better than average battery life, especially if an extended life battery option is offered.

Tom
Old 08-07-2007, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a Sony Ericsson now that easily goes 5 to 6 days with average use. I have to ask though....as long as the battery lasts a full day, what's the big deal? I mean you can always charge it at night when you get home. And with $5 generic home and car chargers all over ebay, you really shouldn't get caught without a way to use it. Unless you're going somewhere with no electricity for a few days.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the Verizon LG 9400, it's the best phone I've ever bought. My battery on a full charge will last a day and a half, that's using the web browser, talking and alot of texting. After that piece of crap razor V3C I had I'll take this without a doubt.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
I have a Sony Ericsson now that easily goes 5 to 6 days with average use. I have to ask though....as long as the battery lasts a full day, what's the big deal? I mean you can always charge it at night when you get home. And with $5 generic home and car chargers all over ebay, you really shouldn't get caught without a way to use it. Unless you're going somewhere with no electricity for a few days.
Because its a pain. And if you forget, or go to sleep on the couch while depending on your phone as an alarm clock.

Mine lasts 3-4 days, but only 1 day when bluetooth is enabled...and thats what killed me.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by farberio
Mine lasts 3-4 days, but only 1 day when bluetooth is enabled...and thats what killed me.
I leave the bluetooth enabled on my phone all the time 24/7. My phone still goes 5 to 6 days average. Are you in an area where your phone has to fight for a signal? That'll kill it quicker than anything.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BB Pearl... only lasts 2 days max. That with frequent calls and texts and web browser usage.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I leave the bluetooth enabled on my phone all the time 24/7. My phone still goes 5 to 6 days average. Are you in an area where your phone has to fight for a signal? That'll kill it quicker than anything.
It used to have to fight for signal. Now only at work. Even still if it can't find anything it just seems to quit trying.

Mine is certainly the bluetooth, so its probably something the software is doing different on mine to cause a huge draw.

It suxors though, I bought a samsung because my last samsung had 5 days of battery life even after 3 years, but this one is terrible.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, it does suck to charge it everyday. I hope scientists and chem engineers come up with a new technology to replace the existing technology.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It used to have to fight for signal. Now only at work. Even still if it can't find anything it just seems to quit trying.

Mine is certainly the bluetooth, so its probably something the software is doing different on mine to cause a huge draw.

It suxors though, I bought a samsung because my last samsung had 5 days of battery life even after 3 years, but this one is terrible.
That is strange. It should last longer. Maybe the battery has a bad cell.
Hey, I see you are in Geneva, IL. My family and I were just there a few weeks ago visiting some friends who moved there 2 years ago. It was our second trip to Geneva. I like that area.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1.5 days max on my POS Razr with Bluetooth enabled and only an average amount of calling (no texts, no web..I don't use either).

*punts phone into wall*
Old 08-07-2007, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I didn't know that phone sucked more power having to fight for a signal. Hm?

I have a Moto Q (web browsing, big LCD screen) that I browse the internet on regularly with and I can go 1.5 to 2 days. Now I just, today, got an extended battery on eBay for it (it actually came with a new battery cover because it's bigger) and am interested to know how long it'll stay charged.

One thing I've learned is that buying accessories for a cellular phone is definitely cheaper on eBay than a store.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also...my Dang IPOD Nano battery sucks too!...hhaha

Got to charge it everyday!!!....
Old 08-08-2007, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Daskid
Yeah, it does suck to charge it everyday. I hope scientists and chem engineers come up with a new technology to replace the existing technology.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, I see you are in Geneva, IL. My family and I were just there a few weeks ago visiting some friends who moved there 2 years ago. It was our second trip to Geneva. I like that area.
Its a really nice area, smaller, quaint, a lovely downtown. Though, there is not much for young (i.e. college/just gradumatated) folk to do. Or maybe I just don't explore enough.

There are more Sushi restaurants per capita in/around geneva then anywhere else but the coasts though.

Quick Reply: Cell Phone Batteries......