Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Off-topic Cafe (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/off-topic-cafe-1609/)
-   -   Cop made me take off my Tint! Help! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/off-topic-cafe-1609/cop-made-me-take-off-my-tint-help-78537/)

Jayjr 10-25-2006 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by oldmanatee
To me, the tint offence is a given, the attitude is unexcuseable.
If I break the law, i will pay that price. But, I demand respect just like you think you deserve.

But how much respect is shown when you dont do what the cop wrote you a ticket and requested you to do? It goes both ways, and im sure when the cop saw that he had a prior ticket for tint that he wrote it got personal.

Nick06tC 10-25-2006 03:50 PM

Respect is earned, defiance is punished.

oldmanatee 10-25-2006 04:14 PM

A good cop doesn't let something like tint get to a personal level. A law is a law, not a personal project. You let emotions get involved and things will get bad real quick.

Write me a ticket, fine by me. But to abuse power is unacceptable.

Jayjr 10-25-2006 04:27 PM

A good cop doesn't let something like tint get to a personal level. A law is a law, not a personal project. You let emotions get involved and things will get bad real quick.

Write me a ticket, fine by me. But to abuse power is unacceptable.

A good citizen follows the law and obeys cops orders.

oldmanatee 10-25-2006 04:47 PM

A good cop doesn't threaten to arrest someone that has not done anything that warrants it. Tint laws are not felonies....

Jayjr 10-25-2006 04:50 PM

you dont need to comit a felony to be arested, public drunkeness will get you night in jail, and thats not a felony. And im pretty sure if you refuse to give the cop your license or registation when he askes for it youll go to jail too, so when he asks you to remove the tint and you refuse, dont expect differnt results.

oldmanatee 10-25-2006 08:22 PM

And what if he wants you to put a different muffler on? Some things don't need to be fixed on the spot is all I am trying to say.

The felony comment wasn't meant to be so literal.

miamibusta69 10-25-2006 08:25 PM

well any way i have 2 weeks to remove them and they are removed now so i should not have to pay the ticket.

i dont care who they are he is no better than me cuz hes a cop . ticket fine .... make me change the tint fine... but make me rip it off with my nails and then a ticket screw that ! plus it took me like 2 hours to clean the windows with goof off and a razor. it was so sticky my windows were stuck up so i had to take the door panels off.

konsumer 10-25-2006 08:34 PM

I told you not to use a chemical, you don't seem to listen and now look where you are

Tomas 10-25-2006 08:46 PM

well any way i have 2 weeks to remove them and they are removed now so i should not have to pay the ticket.
You got a ticket for having illegal tint on your windows while driving on a public road. The fact you took it off does NOT change that.

That would be no different than a shoplifter tossing what they took and then claiming the shouldn't be hassled because they didn't have the stuff on them anymore.

You had the tint when stopped, that's the ticket.

I can hear it now... "Gee, Officer, you can't give me a ticket for speeding, I'm STOPPED now! :) "

Nope.

Tomas

surfcity40 10-25-2006 10:11 PM

And what if he wants you to put a different muffler on? Some things don't need to be fixed on the spot is all I am trying to say.

I laughed out loud. :) that was brilliant (no sarcasm). "Take it off now" is a bit much, but the officer was doing a bit of "rough justice", imo.

When I was "younger", the officers who'd pull us over for racing or such might "find" a beer or two in the car....they'd make us pour them out in front of them before citing us for "exibition of speed". Making the guy pull off the tint could be in this vein because there's really no "fine" on a fix-it. Remember, the cop did cite him before for the same thing.

(btw, if I'd cited him for an illegal muffler before, I'd have made him pull it before he left ...kidding :)

miamibusta69 10-26-2006 04:06 AM

i dont have a muffler :) i used a chemical before you said what to use...i seee your point tomas but still i think a judge might take the ticket off..

or mayb ill just pay it ugh and find ut where that cop lives and give him some justice :)

miamibusta69 10-26-2006 04:06 AM

i dont have a muffler :) i used a chemical before you said what to use...i seee your point tomas but still i think a judge might take the ticket off..

or mayb ill just pay it ugh and find ut where that cop lives and give him some justice :)

JohnathonSull 10-26-2006 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by miamibusta69

And goto jail.

miamibusta69 10-26-2006 05:02 AM

Guess jokes don't go so well on Scionlife.... maybe i should write sarcasm after any jokes.

I'm not a criminal I would never do that.

_____

JohnathonSull 10-26-2006 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by miamibusta69
guess jokes dont go so well on scionlife.... mayb i should write sarcastic after any jokes....

im not a criminal i would never do that ..

I knew you where joking, but serving 'justice' to someone at their house isn't really something to joke about. If I caught someone trying to get back at me in my driveway I would run them over.

Tomas 10-26-2006 05:12 AM

http://tijil.org/sarcasmotron.gif

:D

Tomas

Guamsilverbox671 10-26-2006 05:42 AM

It's hard to see why tint law aren't really inforced here on Guam. The only tint that I know that cops here are inforcing is chrome tint. Anyway chrome tint look ugly lol.

dcmcelreath 10-27-2006 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tomas

The BS about tinted windows vs sunglasses is an apples and oranges comparison. First off, sunglasses do not block an officer or other driver from looking into the car, and sunglasses can be removed at night. Duh.

Tomas

I was being a little sarcastic there. Here is what I dont get about tint laws being for an officers safety. In California, you have to have I believe 70% on the front sides and anything on the rest of the vehicle. What is safe about this? Sure the driver isnt doing anything wrong, but the passenger hiding behind the 5% may have an AR-15 locked and loaded. In New Mexico, we are allowed 20% all around, no darker. That is safe, you can still see in the car no matter what window you are looking in. I'll teel you this for sure, if I am ever going to go on a killing rampage, I will go to a state like California, have an innocent looking driver behind the wheel, and I will hide in the back seat with my arsenal of weapons. (A little more sarcasm. :P )

Tomas 10-27-2006 06:37 PM

It is not only for officer safety, though that is a part of it, it is also for traffic safety allowing a reasonably clear view to front and sides. Keep in mind that there really isn't a requirement in most places to even HAVE rear windows, just so long as you have rear-view mirrors on both sides. If your side windows are essentially clear, you can see to the rear via the mirrors.

An additional traffic safety thing is allowing OTHER DRIVERS to see into the vehicle - to see the driver. In many situations we actually make split-second decisions based on seeing the 'other driver.'

Is he looking the other way? Is he talking on a damned cell phone? Is he playing with his CDs? Is he franticly trying to find his dropped cigarette? Is his head turned, yakking to his passenger? Did he just nod or wave to me to go ahead? Did we make eye contact? Did he see me? Is he awake? Is he playing with himself?

Being able to see the other driver, either oncoming or from the side, is a great help in safely driving through the modern traffic maze, especially in the city.

There's a lot more to it than just "it's illegal" it is see and be seen, day or night, to be just a little safer for everyone.

Trust me, when you approach my vehicle, I won't have a weapon in plain view, Dustin, but you should understand that within easy reach I legally have enough armaments and ammunition to either start or stop a small war. :) I know not to telegraph my moves. (I've legally carried for longer than most here have been alive.)

Tomas