Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Everyones thoughts on the 2014 tC

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 12:37 AM

Default Everyones thoughts on the 2014 tC

Mods my bad if this is the wrong forum do what you will...

Okay, so I'm sure you have all the seen the article on Consumers Report hating the 2014 tC. What are your thoughts? I personally am not too big of a fan of it. The grill is just F**kin terrible, way too much plastic. The headlights too complicated (and drive the price up for JDM/aftermarket upgrades). Not to mention the fact that Scion puss'ed out and went with a de-tuned engine and a 2yr/25K warranty. WTF? I own a scion so I know they aren't problem ridden, I just think and this is MY OPINION Scion, isn't as concerned about its enthusiasts.
I say that based on several articles, and the length of production for the tC. We've been craving boost, or at the very least more WHP. I read an article in either Super Street or Import Tunner this month talking about the possibility of a turbo FR-S. Scion replied with the demand isn't there. I find this amazing. I dont know the percentage of Scion owners that get into the whole modified scene, but considering that the tC makes close to 40% of their sales why in the hell do you take away the supercharger option. ( i know it's prone to blowing motors) but why not come up with a turbo option. The demand is there in my opinion, not to mention that it would not only give the Scion community more street cred. I guarantee that it would bring in a lot more clientele. When Scion released the Xa, Xb & tC I was 15 or 16, I loved it! That was the market they were seeking, why not give them what most new drivers want? Speed. I get the argument that well they would just crash or whatever. What I don't get is that considering the average age of Scion owners is 22 why you don't cater to that age group. When I got my tC I was 22 and the only request I had initially was more WHP (not crank f**k that) 2 years later they delivered but they fattened her up by a 100lbs (with the tC's power to eight being 18/1 to 17/1) that doesn't sound like a lot but considering what that were not working with a lot that to me is significant. IDK what do you think?
Old 04-07-2014, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the 2014 tC tried to look too much like an FRS. I believe toyota made it that way to up the sales, but they didn't do a great job. I'm fine with the front end, but the back end and tails look hideous. 1st gen tC looks the best imo, however biased it is.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:03 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they need to re-badge the tc already