Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

good driving and walking shoes and mechanic shoes

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default good driving and walking shoes and mechanic shoes

nobody ever really talks about your feet we all know they take a pounding whether your walking running have back problems or just standing on concrete floors as a mechanic.

So I decided to let you guys in on a little hidden shoe secret that you may not be aware of but I am and so is AL PACINO and ROBERT DENIRO the two things these guys have in common are pain in the feet and back and they swear by the shoes and so do I once you wear them you will never wear another pair of shoes in your life. They are called FINN COMFORT shoes they have won every major shoes award since the late 1940's and are the only shoe that is still hand sewn in the world today they are made with the highest quality materials available in the world today and provide comfort that is unmatched by any other shoes in the world. These are the undisputed champ so if you want to style and be comfortable at the same time look into these shoes. Your body will thank me for writing this post if you get some they form to your feet and once you buy a pair they will repair them for life resole new insoles every 7 years for free and pay for the shipping you cannot beat that they are the last pair of shoes you will ever need to buy peiod. If you buy them hint wet the insole with a light mist then wear them it takes five days to break them in. http://www.finncomfort.com/Home/index.cfm
Old 08-20-2006, 12:42 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they didn't have the style that i liked
Old 08-20-2006, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

do you have flat feet? if so get orthodics (sp) that will make a difference.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:40 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

omfg look at the price of d'em shoes!!!

and i thought redwings were costly!!! omg
Old 08-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Saw ONE of their styles I liked, but $265+ for them was a bit too much - I pretty much draw a line at about $100-150 for a pair of non-specialized, non- fashion shoes - heck, I can get a pair of shoes for my XB, for that.

They are nice, but there is a very limited selection and IMHO the price is rather high.

(Don't get me wrong - I have bought $300+ boots before, but those were rather more 'specialized' than these simple off-the-shelf shoes.)

Tomas

P.S. Redwing Last #72 fits me like they were made for my feet only. Good stuff!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bet they are comfortable but there was no shoe in the "collection" that I personally would wear. I'm more of an "athletic shoe" kinda person.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not all of there shoes are on their website just this years models you can find many diffrent styles just search around the net the Norfolk is the one I wear here is the link http://www.finncomfort.de/index.php?id=176&id_prod=152 They do make tennis shoes but you will have to search to find them as they sell fast. The price is high but you have to think in the long run you will spend alot more money on shoes then just going with a pair of these because they will either repair or replace them free of charge and pay shipping both ways. I don't have flat feet I have high arches I've tried every shoe you can think of and these are the only ones my feet can tolerate. I can now stand on a concrete floor all day and before I'd be lucky to make it 15 minutes without wanting to take a perocet. I have degenerative disk disease if you do some hunting you can find them at real good prices and will probably find a style you like. I just wanted to let everyone know there is a show n europe every year where every shoe manufacturer in the world brings there shoes and they are not only tested for comfort durability quality of materails but being medically good for your body and these shoes win every time.

My father always taught me when I was young never buy cheap shoes and never buy a cheap matress. when I was young I didn't understand this concept. Now I fully understand his reasoning you spend 8 hours a day at least on a matress. and you spend up to 16 hours a day on your feet. back trouble is the highest rising disability in america so if you want to honestly change your life comfort wise go with finn comfort shoes. to me the norfolk had a descent style and i cannot describe to you how much of a diffrence they make I have a whole pile of orthotics custom made and they never helped. these shoes deliver and they are worth every penny and have the records to back it up so i hope some people will make their feet and back and legs happy. As they say you get what you pay for. there are so many shoes that are hype and these aren't if you are looking for a shoe to build muscle and flatten your abbs MBT'S the sandals come in at second place but they are high priced as well. Also my temperpedic matress was great but a better alternative is simmons back support they have individual springs like shock absorbers individually covered with a memory foam pillow top considerd the best matress on the market with temperpedic coming in second. I hope this helps some people. if you can drop lots of money on car parts drop a little cash to take care of those body parts. later guys thats all I can say about the shoes if you ever wear a pair you will knw what I meen and never go with another shoe.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

So do you need to be a sponsor for this type of hardcore plugging??? Just curious
Old 08-21-2006, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I feel like I dont try this hard when I sell cars... Whats the deal with being the persobal mascot for these overpriced and not even attractive shoes? I just dont get your motivation....
Old 08-21-2006, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

lol....time to lockem up!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:21 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

hmm.. i have a pair of Piloti driving shoes... prices range from a nice $80-ish shoe to over $200 for professional fire-resistant (Nomex layered) shoes..

all of them comes with the patented roll control heel (so comfy!!) walked around 2.5 days all day with them on... feet feel great!

the touring line is basically the same as the racing ones, but cheaper and not fire-resistant...

i have a nice pair of the G16 Laguna Seca special edition ones that i LOVE to wear
it only cost me $85.80 after tax.

http://www.piloti.com/

(btw.. the Laguna Seca shoes can only be bought from the track itself (it's not on the piloti website), and they only made 300 of them.. just the G16 but with the Laguna Seca colors)
http://laguna-seca.stores.yahoo.net/pilotishoe.html

(and for those curious.. i'm plugging because i am SOOOO satisfied with these shoes i just wish i wasn't so broke so can get another pair)
Old 08-22-2006, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you ask why because they made a tremendous diffrence in my life when nothing else did. you get tired of having to wear pain patches just to be able to walk and you finally find something that isn't publically advertised and they sell out at all there stores faster then they can keep supply in so there must be alot of people out there that have made this little discovery. for those of you who say they don't like the style all I can say is I get at least two compliments a week from women on my shoes. but frankly I don't really care about the looks it's the science thats integrated into the shoe that makes it worth writing a post. I was very skeptical myself when I bought them and after they broke in it was anight and day diffrence they have also made a diffrence in many of my friends lives who are mechanics and I thought the shoes were worthy of a post. If you get the best shoe in the world award every year since 1945 there is something to be said for that and they must have something going on. Trust me I am with you guys I love nike jordans I have a pair that hasn't even been released yet I am that into them but I will never wear another shoe after wearing the finns. I have no ties or affiliation with the company at all I just thought it might help some people with back knee and feet problems and most mechanics have these problems. I know I am one of them and I work on computers as well. if you have a shoe warehouse in your area go try on a pair and after they break in fully you will be sitting here praising me. I went and bought another pair today actually the work boots for 165 bucks on sale and got the last pair so I'm stoked. Make the thread about all the diffrent shoes you like and driving shoes and stuff it could turn into an interesting thread I just wanted to get the ball rolling and widen scion lifes topics a bit.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:09 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

yup.. thanks man.. it's nice to see that someone has ideas to start different ideas/threads... i got really excited myself as i had bought those shoes i mentioned earlier just a few days ago. after long hours of wearing them and standing around.. i felt my own differences and loved them.

(and then driving with them on (which they are driving shoes afterall) it felt great!)

keep the ball rolling guys and get your inputs in!
Old 08-24-2006, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah I like the shoes you have they look cool nice driving shoes looked em up
Old 08-24-2006, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

This is the funniest thread that was never intended to be funny.....
Old 08-25-2006, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actualy i was kinda intended to be informative and kinda funny and expansive and sometimes you might just want to get out of a hard automotive debate and talk about something totaly off the wall like whats on your feet what kinda shoes you wear down there in florida.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well considering where i live is flat....i have a desk job and play basketball alot....i stick with my Nike's and Addidas, Kenneth Cole and Bass for work, and Timberlands for going out......throw in a good pair of insoles and im good to go!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool deal