Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

How many people are planning to switch from their current scion to the FRS/BRZ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member

Default How many people are planning to switch from their current scion to the FRS/BRZ?

Ever since that FRS made it's debut, it was love at first sight. I just can't justify trading my 08 TC in for one at the moment.

What other than cargo/passenger room and economy would people be sacrificing when getting a FRS/BRZ?
Is it that much more cramped in a FRS/BRZ than it would be in a TC?
Old 07-23-2013, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by biZaTcH
Ever since that FRS made it's debut, it was love at first sight. I just can't justify trading my 08 TC in for one at the moment.

What other than cargo/passenger room and economy would people be sacrificing when getting a FRS/BRZ?
Is it that much more cramped in a FRS/BRZ than it would be in a TC?
First - this question should of been asked in the FRS lounge, not the "off topic" section of scionlife.

What else is there to sacrifice? You answered your own question(s). If you have legit questions about fitting in the car, go drive one. It doesnt matter what anyone else has to say, or a car magazine reviews say - DRIVING a car is all that matters. No one can tell you how your going to "feel" sitting in the drivers seat, or how _you_ like a car. I drove one, and it was "meh".

If you can not daily drive the car, you obviously need another car. Do you have enough money for both? Thats ALWAYS the most important question, because if you cant afford it, or cant afford to maintain 2 cars if needed - then everything else doesnt matter.

Personally - I would rather drive a $28k used Vette for my 2nd/toy vehicle. I would encourage you to go drive one. Also go drive a M3, Lotus elise, ect. The scion and subie are beautiful, dont get me wrong..

Just to reiterate: Go drive one. See what YOU think. I drove the manual, and auto. Not enough power for me to warrant a purchase, and I dont want to go down the whole "mod the hell out of the car" path again.

Good luck on your future with cars - get out and drive some other stuff before making a big commitment to financing another 5 years for a vehicle. There are lots of great cars for the money. Use reviews and input from other enthusiast drivers to _help_ aide you in your purchase, but their word is not gospel. You have to drive/buy what suits you and your needs. If they released a turbo version, I would be signing right up. N/A? Meh.