Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Multiple Tint Violation tickets..

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 07:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Multiple Tint Violation tickets..

Hey,

I got my 2nd tint ticket tonight and I'm wondering is the fine still the same...is it just the $10.00 dollar fix it ticket. The reason i'm asking is because on my first ticket...it was a "correctable violation" but i'm my 2nd ticket it is NOT a correctable violation. I would like to know if the fine goes up if you have multiple tickets under the same infraction...please help!

Thank you!

btw I hate cops for giving these b.s tickets!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its the joy of living in California... cops have nothing better to do lol..
Old 05-21-2007, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And it could get worse. I heard the Fuzz are going to crackdown even harder on tinted windows this summer. Boooooo!!
Old 05-21-2007, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
Maybe you would like to come up to a car on a traffic stop and not see what the driver was doing........
Old 05-21-2007, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
Yes thats right. The Police who are there to protect and serve have nothing better to do than give a ticket to someone who has something illegal on their car. Damn them for doing their jobs.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UGHH i just had a big argument about the whole tinted windows thing... dude that's such BS and apparently they don't have anything better to do because they actually gave him a ticket.... i kidd you not... one time... i got pulled over... cops asks me... you know why i pulled you over? and i said yeah i was speeding. and he leaves comes back... ticket says obstructive view, tinted windows.. i was like... thanx for not the speeding ticket.. but wtf... tint? he's like yeah you can't have that.. WTF!?!?! so.... to me.. SOMETIMES they have nothign better to do.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What % do you have on the front? I just got 20% all the way around this past weekend and am a cautious driver anyway, just hoping not to give them a reason to pull me over for anything in addition to tint.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't blame the cops... You now how many "routine" traffic stops turn into drug dealers, murderers, car theifs, etc. getting busted. You'd be surprised, and I think really thick window tint COULD be dangerous to a policeman's safety when you can't even see a gun or something else hidden in the car.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by mitchelltc1
I don't blame the cops... You now how many "routine" traffic stops turn into drug dealers, murderers, car theifs, etc. getting busted. You'd be surprised, and I think really thick window tint COULD be dangerous to a policeman's safety when you can't even see a gun or something else hidden in the car.
y dont u go marry a cop then lolz .. i hate dem pigs man
Old 05-21-2007, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A CHP officer was shot in the face recently. And part of the reason why he was caught off guard is because the killer's window was tinted therefore the officer couldn't anticipate what the criminal was about to do.

This summer, cops are cracking even more on window tint.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG you serioiusly cant complain.. here in WI, i got a ticket for tint, was freaking 35% (legal 50) and it was $119 and 2 points. no warning, no nothing.. instant ticket
Old 05-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: Multiple Tint violation tickets

Originally Posted by stCx86
Hey,

I got my 2nd tint ticket tonight and I'm wondering is the fine still the same...is it just the $10.00 dollar fix it ticket. The reason i'm asking is because on my first ticket...it was a "correctable violation" but i'm my 2nd ticket it is NOT a correctable violation. I would like to know if the fine goes up if you have multiple tickets under the same infraction...please help!

Thank you!

Why didnt you mention that you had gotten a ticket for this violation prior to recieving the other ticket. I would have said, I have a ticket for this violation, and I'm going to correct it before I go to the court. Its just a thought, and it might have worked. But I may be wrong.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Rawkerstatus
UGHH i just had a big argument about the whole tinted windows thing... dude that's such BS and apparently they don't have anything better to do because they actually gave him a ticket.... i kidd you not... one time... i got pulled over... cops asks me... you know why i pulled you over? and i said yeah i was speeding. and he leaves comes back... ticket says obstructive view, tinted windows.. i was like... thanx for not the speeding ticket.. but wtf... tint? he's like yeah you can't have that.. WTF!?!?! so.... to me.. SOMETIMES they have nothign better to do.
Sounds to me like the cop was being nice for you fessing up to speeding and giving you something less than a speeding ticket and no points.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow that sucks, ive gotten a ticket too for tint. It was at night and my front windows were rolled down. I was parked on the street outside my school getting in my car adn the cop pulled up to me adn told me to roll up my windows. within 5 min he gave me a ticket and was gone.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im a little worried myself my tint is 20% legal is 35% Im just goin to drive around with the sunroof cover open to let some sun in so it doesnt appear as dark.... At night im probaly screwed though... Maybe I can get a certificate from my eye doctor so I can get limo tint
Old 05-22-2007, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think a lot of people aren't just pulled over for tint. They were pulled over for something else, speeding, excessive lane changes, ect and the tint ticket was the icing on the cake.
I think driving normally and not bumping the sub so that 3 cars back hear/feel the beat rhythm of your tunes you'll fly under the radar.

The tC is a sporty little car- definitely more noticeable to cops than the soccer mom mini van. Just be conservative in your habits and try not to draw attention to yourself and you should be OK.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Multiple Tint violation tickets

Originally Posted by 2_much_tc
Hey,

Thank you!

Why didnt you mention that you had gotten a ticket for this violation prior to recieving the other ticket. I would have said, I have a ticket for this violation, and I'm going to correct it before I go to the court. Its just a thought, and it might have worked. But I may be wrong.
The cop can clearly see when I recieved that previous tint ticket and it shows on the sytem that it was fixed. The first ticket was a "correctable violation" and the 2nd ticket was not...so clearly he knew I had a previous tint ticket.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tint violations

So no one has yet to answer my question....does the fine increase after recieving multiple tickets for tinted windows???
Old 05-22-2007, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Default Re: tint violations

So no one has yet to answer my question....does the fine increase after recieving multiple tickets for tinted windows???
Since it was labeled "Non-correctable", yes, the fine has increased significantly (ten fold at least). The reason the officer marked your second ticket non-correctable is because you ignored the first officer's instructions to remove the tint in a timely manner. Pay the fine, or good luck in court.

CLICK--> THE LAW
Old 05-22-2007, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I hate cops that pull people over for tint. I have limo on the rears and had medium on the front. I got a ticket and took it off and now I have limo on the front! I love my tint and dont care how many times i get pulled over for it, it just goes right back on

Quick Reply: Multiple Tint Violation tickets..