Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Multiple Tint Violation tickets..

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific

SL Member

Default Re: tint violations

Originally Posted by SciontCya
Originally Posted by 2fast4you
Originally Posted by stCx86
HE SINGLED ME OUT BASED ON MY CAR!!!
Judging from your own admission, you have dark tint (CVC 2670 , and non-DOT approved HID headlights that are brighter than stock (CVC 24011). It sounds like you managed to avoid another violation with the lights because he didn't want to pop your hood and check for a DOT label, perhaps he something better to do with his time.

And yes, he did target your vehicle because you had obvious illegal modifications.

so clearly this cop KNEW about cars and the little "modifications" that are done by many cars.
They have a pamphlet, perhaps you've seen it? --> http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html
Dude, you're talking out of your backside now.
My lights are 100% LEGAL.
I didn't say you're lights are illegal, in fact, you've said nothing about your lights in this thread. I was addressing stCx86, and unless his HID have a DOT stamp on them, they are illegal.

My only - now absorb this point - my ONLY illegal mod was the tint.
Get off of your high-horse.
You're too old to be acting like a child, debate me on the facts or don't respond.

My 35% tint is a relative joke - half of the cars roll here with 5% all around and seem to get by just fine.
I've been here for 9 years and I haven't see anyone with 5% VLT on their front windows, please stop exaggerating.

Enough of this bickering. I took the hit, I didn't give the officer any crap, and I paid the fine and took off the tint.
I think the law is crap, and if you think someone who is inclined to KILL A COP cares about tint laws, you're smoking too much while you type.
I'm not bickering with you, but it's obvious many here, including you, have a lack of understanding of why certain laws exist. If you think they are stupid, you need to contact your State Representative and Senator and give them a much better reason than you're giving me why you disagree with the law.

Here's an informative study on the effects of window tinting:

http://casr.adelaide.edu.au/reports/CASR002.pdf
Old 05-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like my old master sergeant use to say, "If you don't like the rules, get 'em changed, but until they are, you damned well better follow them!"

This topic has gone around in tight little circles enough times, and some of the participants age getting rather testy. Time to lock it.

Tom
Old 03-26-2020, 09:58 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Thumbs up