Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

PC IS working, thx guys! i was loosing it..................

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default PC IS working, thx guys! i was loosing it..................

im not lucky....NOT A BIT!

i havea pc.... single core, 775 socket, ddr400 rams, etc.
it started to restarting from the windows.

it was restarting from everywhere.. from the bios! from the bootselection screen (safe mode or regular start) so borrowed my friend PSU... and memories.. it wasnt the problem.. i ordered a mobo (nobody sells these old mobos with regulas 184 pin rams andsingle core 775 socket) so changed the mobo it didnt even started.. so i got ____ed off and i went to tigerdirect to buy new cpu, psu, mobo, rams

so now the only old thing is the case itself, hdd and dvd drive.. and it keeps doing it and

and when they restart the bios forgets everything.. and it happened to both mobo ( old andnew) o i tried to change the battery on the mobo.. didnt help... so now i dont know what to buy... new hdd or new case or what????of course the the mobo is not physically touching the case.. i have those spacers below the mobo.

PLUS idiot biatch charged my card twice when i bought the mobo from the second store ( they didnt had the mobo what i wanted in the first store)
Old 09-26-2008, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh.. i have zalman cooler.. i connected it... in the bios the temp didnt go up above 33 c...... but it did restart from there...

UPDATE..... i left my room.. and my bro just installed the windows.. we dont know why the pc is working right now.. but it does..
Update#2
it does the same thing!!!!!! restarting all the time...in the bios...in the win... i went to buy a new vga card... got a ticket on the way hom. ang vga didnt help...everything is new but the case and hdd..... and i just realized. its maybe that panel is broken on the case where is the pwr switch hdd led and other cables comes from. or i need to ground the case or i have no more ideas.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

wow. The gods must not be smiling at you.

Is your power supply adequate for your processor/motherboard requirements? Are you still using the old one, or did you buy a new one?

What about the BIOS? Is there an update accdg. to mfr website?

I remember when I was building mine and it kept crashing/shutting off..so I got a new and higher watt p/s. Solved.

PCs crashing may be due to a lot of reasons: the BIOS must be old/needs updating, insufficient RAM, corrupt windows install, hardware issues, etc.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

uhh i had this problem recently too. turns out i just had a bad hard drive

try swapping the hard drive out with another one that works.. most likely the hard drive if u changed everything minus that..

i think this has happened to me about 2 times already.. pretty unlucky.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah.. the only thing what left is the hdd's...... so i might change it and now i have two computer and both do the same thing in the same computer case and hdd's...

i hope i will not loose the hdd's because i have lot of stuff on them..
Old 09-28-2008, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: PC wont work HELP! iam loosing it........ UPDATED!!!

Originally Posted by CSOCSO
im not lucky....NOT A BIT!

i havea pc.... single core, 775 socket, ddr400 rams, etc.
it started to restarting from the windows.

it was restarting from everywhere.. from the bios! from the bootselection screen (safe mode or regular start) so borrowed my friend PSU... and memories.. it wasnt the problem.. i ordered a mobo (nobody sells these old mobos with regulas 184 pin rams andsingle core 775 socket) so changed the mobo it didnt even started.. so i got ____ed off and i went to tigerdirect to buy new cpu, psu, mobo, rams

so now the only old thing is the case itself, hdd and dvd drive.. and it keeps doing it and

and when they restart the bios forgets everything.. and it happened to both mobo ( old andnew) o i tried to change the battery on the mobo.. didnt help... so now i dont know what to buy... new hdd or new case or what????of course the the mobo is not physically touching the case.. i have those spacers below the mobo.

PLUS idiot biatch charged my card twice when i bought the mobo from the second store ( they didnt had the mobo what i wanted in the first store)
Old 09-28-2008, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL.... i changed the hdd to another one from my brothers computer.. it didint even started.

it was restarting just after the 1 beep...

so i knew its gonna be the case! so i was thinking what case to buy tommorrow.. but then i just realized: why dont i just unplug the reset switch from the mobo.. and TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!!!! the fkin computer booted up so far without any problem................ i CANT believe i had to buy a brand new pc just because of this plus the ticket plus all the gas what i wasted :D
Old 09-28-2008, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Seven City Scions
SL Member

What do you have cooling the processor? Sounds like that's what is overheating and rebooting your system based on the random intervals you've stated that it is shutting down and failing to restart on some occasions. If you have a heat sink on your processor make sure you're using silver nitrate compound inbetween the heat sink and processor other wise you'll be buying a new processor soon too. As for the motherboard make sure you have no distended capicitors. Until the unit is booting up properly stick to just the basics.. HDD, one stick of ram (btw is the new mobo compatible with your old ram?), processor, and power supply. Worry about just the basics until you get past post and the OS is booting stable...
Old 09-28-2008, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you would read what i wrote you would knot that it wasnt the overheating the problem... the computer was restarting from bios when the cpu was only 35celsius...
Old 09-28-2008, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Seven City Scions
SL Member

Yeahhhhhhh well if you knew how to read and write english a little better it wouldn't be so hard to try and HELP you. I mean this is only what I do for a living. Idiot.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by prescottn
Yeahhhhhhh well if you knew how to read and write english a little better it wouldn't be so hard to try and HELP you. I mean this is only what I do for a living. Idiot.
what i said is : you should read what i just wrote.. i just wrote down what was my pc's problem and how did i fix it, and you came here to save the night, but i already stated in the beginning what i have tried and overheating wasnt the problem.

thx for the helping.

and even if my english is not perfect, you should be able to understand what i wrote earlier like everyone else does. but i think you didnt read the second and the other posts.
But thats okay ... im not mad at you! I wish more ppl like you would have see this topic much much earlier!