Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

What happens when a Drunk Hobo trips and fall on top of your car? Well...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member

Default What happens when a Drunk Hobo trips and fall on top of your car? Well...

I LOOOVE my Scion! I mean, I would literally fight with anyone that slams my doors, slams my seats, seats on top of my hood..anything! My girlfriend said that the seats are too uncomfortable for her and I left that b** (lol just kidding) but yeah.
I would really fight for my car! But today I left it in the hands of the police and they did ____..but I understand them.

I was parked in front of a Deli waiting for a friend of mine and this guy, ODE DRUNK! trips and falls on top of my car . At the moment I was like meeh! but something told me to get out of the car and check for damage.. and what a surprise I got!
Of course the highly intoxicated individual denied everything as if I didn't see him but thank God there were witnesses.

Because the guy is a hobo I can't sue him cause he has nothing to lose and because it was an accident the police couldn't do anything. So now is in hands of my insurance or getting it repaired out of my pocket.
What bugs me is that my car is just 4 months just wanted to share my story.

But what would you guys do? is there an easy fix for this? how much would a body shop cost me?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude sorry to hear about that that blows so bad. I hope your insurance deductible isn't too high. My car was also attacked by a drunk two weeks after getting it and without my knowledge. I went to a party and passed out, when I woke up there was a big dent across my trunk like someone elbow dropped it. Now I have a cheap 30$ lip spoiler that pretty much completely covers it, I popped out most of it, but it still ____in blows. It was either fix it myself or pay the 1000 dollar deductable so needless to say I won't be fixing that _____ for like 4 years when its possible to get a used cement hatch and sell this bad _____.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh and to answer your questions, no easy fix and an arm and a leg depending on your insurance. You are now at the mercy of the man my friend.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had something similar happen to mine about 2 years ago two guys got thrown out of a bar and hit my car on the way down cops saw it all but didnt feel it was necesary to do anything since noone made a complaint until afterwards when i saw the damages
Old 11-13-2012, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mkeple
Dude sorry to hear about that that blows so bad. I hope your insurance deductible isn't too high. My car was also attacked by a drunk two weeks after getting it and without my knowledge. I went to a party and passed out, when I woke up there was a big dent across my trunk like someone elbow dropped it. Now I have a cheap 30$ lip spoiler that pretty much completely covers it, I popped out most of it, but it still ____in blows. It was either fix it myself or pay the 1000 dollar deductable so needless to say I won't be fixing that _____ for like 4 years when its possible to get a used cement hatch and sell this bad _____.
Im gonna deal with the insurance tomorrow. The cop told me to tell them that i found the car like that or something cus the insurance wont cover that..so ill pray. But something tells me that im gonna end up paying it out of pocket. The deli's owner knows the guy and he told me that if i bring an invoice he might help me a little so lets see ( im not counting on it tho) . I hate this ____ man, theres always a MF..always.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by devanb3
i had something similar happen to mine about 2 years ago two guys got thrown out of a bar and hit my car on the way down cops saw it all but didnt feel it was necesary to do anything since noone made a complaint until afterwards when i saw the damages
They dont do ____ if its an accident. I told the cop " if i run with a knife and trip and fall on top of him and stab him..would i get away with it? it was an accident! " LOL :/ the wanted to take him but what for? a hobo that has nothing to lose plus i really just want my car fixed. i dont care about him i care about whats gonna happen now.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you have to pay out of pocket might as well get carbon fiber fenders!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cemented
If you have to pay out of pocket might as well get carbon fiber fenders!!!
arent those like $800 a piece?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:05 AM
5 Year Member

hey bro take a blow dryer and heat the affected area it will pop up try it if may work cuz i saw here at youtube they do that to fix the dent of a car.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks like theres not wholes or cracks to your fender, you can pop it out...the paint will chip or crack but you will only be having to pay for paint now instead of the HIGH labor cost they are gona charger you. Sry to hear about that, i woulda "accidently" put a beat down on him
Old 11-13-2012, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a comprehensive loss. Vehicle was hit by a flying/falling object (in this case a stumbling hobo) and damaged. It is not a collision loss. If you get the guy's information, they can turn him over to collections.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I stand corrected, it would be a collision loss unfortunately since the hobo is a pedestrian, unless you can explain that he fell off something like a ladder or out of a treet.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should "pimp" that hobo into washing windshields and begging for change until he pays you back!! idk if it would work.., but what other option do you have? you could tell him that for every days worth of change, he would receive some amount of alcohol (you could lie and over state the amount), then roofy the guy and tell him in the morning that he drank a gallon of vodka and passed out.. rinse and repeat...
Old 11-14-2012, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Most brilliant idea ever heard! lol
Old 11-21-2012, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member

Default Well...

I'm not glad to see that others 2011+ tC owners are experiences unfortunate events as well. My 13 tC RS 8.0 survived both Sandy & a Northeastern just to have some undocumented aliens damage my car with a leaf blower. They not only denied that they were near my car but they also denied that there is gravel in the parking lot. Obviously gravel is not healthy to a tC's paint job. Needless to say I called the police filed a report and waited until this week to catch them on camera via iphone of them blow drying my car with their leaf blower. Lucky it is a 500 deductible for me and i have full cover everything. I have pics and vids just can't figure out how to post them. Just in case anyone cares I'm located in Teaneck NJ.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

why didnt you beat the ____ out of the hobo?. sorry. i would of, and then smashed his head with the bottle. woops, accident, bottle fell into hand and then onto his head. (very violent guy)
Old 08-20-2018, 08:24 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Old 08-21-2018, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jonwoltke

I LOOOVE my Scion! I mean, I would literally fight with anyone that slams my doors, slams my seats, seats on top of my hood..anything! My girlfriend said that the seats are too uncomfortable for her and I left that b** (lol just kidding) but yeah.
I would really fight for my car! But today I left it in the hands of the police and they did ____..but I understand them.

I was parked in front of a Deli waiting for a friend of mine and this guy, ODE DRUNK! trips and falls on top of my car . At the moment I was like meeh! but something told me to get out of the car and check for damage.. and what a surprise I got!
Of course the highly intoxicated individual denied everything as if I didn't see him but thank God there were witnesses.

Because the guy is a hobo I can't sue him cause he has nothing to lose and because it was an accident the police couldn't do anything. So now is in hands of my insurance or getting it repaired out of my pocket.
What bugs me is that my car is just 4 months just wanted to share my story.

But what would you guys do? is there an easy fix for this? how much would a body shop cost me?
So I have been going to salvage yards to pick my parts. Im sure you can find a fender for your car then just pay to have it painted, shouldn't be hard to replace it.