Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

What's the Worst Thing that You've ran Over?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by garciaog
I ran over a freshly-killed deer carcass one night while driving home from work. A large pickup in front of me smacked it as well, and if I had swerved to avoid it, I probably would have lost control (it was an icy night). I rolled over it fairly hard, and kept on going. When I got home, I checked the undercarriage with a flashlight, and there was blood from the front bumper all the way to the rear. The smell was horrific as well. I took it in to have an oil change the next morning, and the blood was everywhere underneath, and the exhaust had cinged fur on it. There's still fur underneath it to this day. Luckily it wasn't a buck with a rack on it, otherwise it would have punched a hole in something under there.
You are so wrong for taking it for an oil change before cleaning it!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ran over a pigeon and a cat too!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I hit a shredded tire in the middle of the road and got no damage. Wasn't so lucky when i went down a hill too fast and all I hear was this loud scrape. So the bottom of my front lip is all scraped up.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ran over a rabbit on my way to work and it messed up my front left tire.

Took it in to Les Schwab real quick before work, and they were not very happy with the remains left around the wheel well.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-10-2021 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-09-2008, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

When I drove down to the beach for my vacation last year, I got hit by a plastic trash can lid and a folding chair...

I was driving on 95 south towards NC, and this car in front of me had a bunch of junk strapped to the top and sure enough it wasn't bolted down properly and a beach chair flew off the back. I had people all around me so I couldn't stop or move out of the way. When I finally had a chance to pull over, all it had done was knock the upper grill into the radiator. I was able to pop it back in place, but I know some of the clips broke off. I'm looking to replace the grills anyway with something with less chrome on it... (and no badge).

The trash can lid was lying in the street and some huge SUV ran over it in front of me, so I tried moving out of the way so instead of it hitting me head on, it just raked its way across the driver side of my car, leaving a pretty huge mark over the top of my rear left wheel. With some rubbing and polishing compound, only took me about 2 hours to get it close to normal.

Since then I have had two people rub against my car while it was parked when I was at work, so I think I'm just going to get the entire thing professionally fixed. This stuff really gets on my nerves. I wish people would have the decency to leave a note or something.

/rant
Old 06-09-2008, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ohhh, where to start....

**89 4Runner**
-Orange construction barrel in detroit $0
-Deer #1 $4000
-Deer #2 $5000
-Deer #3 $6500 and a night on a truck driver's couch w/ his dog named Buddha. It shiat on my license plate...
-O'possum $0
-cat $0
-Family of raccoons $0

**Scion tC
- a Saturn's muffler $0 (bumper scratch)
Old 06-09-2008, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kileil
$6500 and a night on a truck driver's couch w/ his dog named Buddha. It shiat on my license plate...
Old 06-09-2008, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I ran over a possum one night in my Blazer a few years back. damn thing just dashed out in front of my car and I didn't have any time to react. the worst part is 2 little girls where on the side of the road and seen the whole thing in grim detail. they were screaming and crying and all that stuff.
I was a mess for the next 2 days because I thought i ran over their cat or little dog or something and I love animals so I felt horrible. 2 days later I went down the same street dreading to see a dead cat or something in the spot where I ran it over and sure enough it was just an possum... phew

Still fell bad for the girls that had to see that.. the damn thing exploded all over my truck. guts were all over the passenger side, so I'm sure it was pretty grizzly to watch happen.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-10-2021 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-09-2008, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In my tC on the way home one night last month, and this truck about a quarter mile in front of me loses its entire cargo of 2x4's. they hit the road and splinter all over the place, and I managed to get through it without popping a tire or damaging anything.

Feb '06 i was driving home in my old Accord from my temple on Chinese New Years Eve on the Year of the Dog (which was supposed to be a bad year for me since I'm a Dragon). sure enough a stray dog decides to cross the street in front of me and
I can't swerve in time to dodge it. horrible year for me - wrecked the Accord on my birthday, got dumped the same night, and right before the next Chinese New Year, I got stabbed by a robber who took $1700 worth of camera gear from me.

Don't think this one counts but I was driving on the freeway and about to go under an overpass when I see something fuzzy fall from the bridge above. of course it hits my windshield and for the rest of the drive I was treated to the sight of feathers pasted to my windshield.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-10-2021 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-09-2008, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was 6 yrs ago. big chunk of wood.
fckd up my Evo III's right side skirt.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-10-2021 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-09-2008, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hit a skunk today on way to work. Didn't see it. No damage obviously, but smells.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-10-2021 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 06-10-2008, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

a person.
no joke.
i wasnt driving but i was in the car.
my buddy was goofing around on the hood, flew off, the girl that was driving ran him over then put the car in reverse and backed up over him.
it was terrible.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The worst thing I ran over was my gf b/c she wouldn't get an abortion
Old 06-11-2008, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a island....ripped off a chunk of my wheel and sliced a thin part of the tire.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The worst thing ever was hitting a dog. I was late for work (speeding) taking a country backroad, crested a blind hill, and there it was. Standing in the middle of the road, tail wagging, putting it's head up when it heard me coming. No time to stop. The heart-wrenching yelp, the horrible thudding coming from underneath the car, the sight of the lifeless mangled body rolling to a stop behind me. That was someones pet. I still feel awful.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a pigeon, lol
Old 06-12-2008, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheMerovingian
wow....
Old 06-12-2008, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0myst
Originally Posted by TheMerovingian
wow....
I hope you realize I was completely kidding. I've never even gotten someone pregnant lol I was just bored at work and typed something completely out there.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I hit a opossum at about 40mph the first night I had my car. I could've slowed/stopped, but I didn't.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Whats the worst thing that you've ran over?

Originally Posted by B_Izzle
and what was the damage?

Yesterday, I was driving home late night, and right at the moment when I started changing lanes, there was a nice big chunk of broken tire laying in between the lanes, right on the line. Again being late at night (2am-ish) and me cruising at a nice ~85mph, I wasn't able to avoid the damn thing, so I ran over it. Heard a nasty "clunk-clunk" on the left side of the car. I immediately watch to see if my TPMS light comes on, but luckily it doesnt, and I'm able to drive home, no problem.

Once I got home, doing some inspection in the dark (because I couldnt find my flashlight), I notice that the piece of plastic that sits in front of the my rear driver-side wheel (its like a mudguard, but its *in front* of the wheel) is hanging at a weird angle. I readjust it back to normal, but its way loose and kinda wobbly. I guess part of the part where the screw holds it in is broken.

sigh. It just sucks that you try to keep your car in pristine condition, but inevitably, the battle scars keep comin'. :/

so anyone else ever run over something .... "interesting" ?
was it on the 5? cuz the same thing happened to me.....dang tire

Quick Reply: What's the Worst Thing that You've ran Over?