Notices
PPC: Interior / Electronics seats, stereos, shift knobs...

FS. NorCal. xB1{{{{{{HUGE Electrical Upgrade. Alternator, Batteries.}}}}}}*Large Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default FS. NorCal. xB1{{{{{{HUGE Electrical Upgrade. Alternator, Batteries.}}}}}}*Large Pics

**Be patient. Images are large and take time to load and resize.

This set up came out of my 2006 Scion xB. It was in the car for about 25,000 miles. I’m selling this as a package because you really shouldn’t have one thing without the other. The battery tray was fabricated based off the K&N intake and I cannot say if it will work with any other intake systems.

Included in this package:

DC Power 180amp Alternator:

Description

The Denso Hairpin 180 HP series alternator is a component of a next generation high efficiency, severe duty charging system specifically engineered for DC Power Engineering. This system consists of a 180 Amp alternator and internal regulator. The alternator produces a maximum of 180 amps and will produce a minimum of 120 amps continually at low idle speeds and maximum output above 1800 engine RPM. The alternator has a maximum efficiency in excess of 75 percent. The rectifier is mounted onboard the alternator and consists of 12 40 amp press fit diodes. The brush holder assembly and slip ring are environmentally protected and the bearings are heavy-duty, oversized premium bearings. The alternator housings are precision-machined cast aluminum and all components are of OEM quality. All major components being carefully chosen for maximum performance and reliability.

Technology

This new charging system features an advanced proprietary stator winding of a new design that maximizes efficiency with near 80 percent sectional density of the winding coupled with very low coil resistance. This gives the alternator maximum low speed output, as well as a 90% reduction of magnetic pulsation with the stator windings built in cancel circuit to minimize electrical noise. The internal regulator is a proprietary design advanced multifunction digital regulator that completely integrates into the vehicles PCM through the OEM wiring harness to retain all vehicle specific functions such as internal temperature compensation, lamp terminal monitoring, load response control, and alternator load factor.

Mounting

The Denso Hairpin 180 HP series alternator is specially designed to mount directly in the OEM Scion mounting location with no modification. All electrical connections shall be in the original locations. The alternator features a custom machined drive pulley for increased output at idle speeds and retains OEM belt length. The pulley is 4 Groove Hard Anodized 6061 Billet Aluminum and hard anodized coating for wear resistance and durability.

Performance

The Small Case Denso OEM alternator is rated at 110 amps with 60 amps at idle. Engine idle is ~650 RPMs. The supplied alternator makes 130 amps at normal idle. The vehicle needs a maximum of 100 amps to supply existing electrical loads with all accessories on leaving little room for additional accessories. The supplied alternator will supply an additional 60 amps of available output at hot idle output, and 70 amps additional at cold idle output, and up to 70 amps at highway speeds.

Durability

The Denso Hairpin 180 HP series alternator is manufactured to the highest quality standards in the USA with premium USA made or sourced components for the highest quality possible. All of our high output alternator’s parts are carefully chosen for the maximum durability, dependability and proven performance in the field.

Name:  Alt2.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  459.4 KB
Name:  Alt1.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  327.7 KB
Name:  Alt3.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  351.9 KB

Battery Rack:
One off custom fabricated steel battery rack to fit the 2 Kinetic batteries to the factory battery location and use all factory mounting points. This rack is SOLID and well engineered.

(2) Kinetic kHC1400 Batteries.
These have been tested and are still in excellent condition. Voltage rests at 12.6 volts. They have never been allowed to get below 11.5 volts. All details and specs are here: http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/product.asp?C=1&P=KHC1400

Wiring / Connectors:
All top of the line Stinger HPM Series 1/0 power and ground cable for upgrading “the big 3” and connecting the batteries. Stinger HPM battery terminals. Stinger HPM fuse holder.

Intake:
K&N Typhoon Series intake. Built for performance and show, the 69 Series Typhoon™ Air Intake System is a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to fit many sport compact performance vehicles. Typhoon intakes come in one of three designs; cold air intakes (CA), short ram intakes (SR), or complete cold air (CCA) intakes which can be configured as either a cold air intake or a short ram intake. Some Typhoon's have high quality finish options including polished aluminum, powder coated red, and powder coated silver among others. K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction resulting in additional power and torque.</SPAN>
Name:  DSCN9278.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  575.2 KB
Name:  DSCN9277.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  461.5 KB
Name:  DSCN9275.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  483.1 KB

The Install:
As mentioned, the alternator, battery rack and obviously the intake are all a bolt in. All of the power and ground wires are cut to length and use factory mounting locations. The only part that must be done is to connect the power wire to the factory fuse distribution that comes off the stock battery. I did not want to permanently modify anything because I wanted to option of returning the car to stock (which I have) very easily. I used a ring terminal at the end of a 4ga. wire to connect it to the bolt that is on the factory battery terminal. The other end of the 4ga. wire was connected to a distribution block that also went to my amplifier power wire and other accessories (LEDs, alarm, video system etc.). This allowed all of the factory battery cables, connections and fusing to be unaffected.

The Price:
This is over $1500 in product plus fabrication time. I’m only asking $600. I’m taking a huge loss but I want to sell this fast. The batteries have been out of the car for a week with a battery tender on them and I don’t want them to sit any longer.

I can ship but be prepared to pay for shipping and insurance on about 130lbs from Sacramento, CA. I estimate shipping to be $85-$275 depending on distance. I will only accept CASH or paypal. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any questions?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Batteries still sitting on the tender waiting for YOU
Old 03-20-2011, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bump
Old 03-21-2011, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Would you sell just the alternator?
Old 03-22-2011, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not willing to break up this perfect package yet. I will lower the price to $500.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Willing to break up the package. Make offers.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Clean_XB
im interested in a price for just the alternator alone, as DC power inc is temp backordered on alt for 180 amp. out of curiosity, is your alt for 2008+ XB2's? DC power does not make an alt for the 1st gen XB's, per DC website, so im interested to know if you are using the 2005+/2008+ alt for 2.4 engine.

PM me a shipped price, thanx!
I am unsure if the 1.5 alt is the same as the 2.4. I had to call Dave and request this one and it took a week or two to get from him.

PM sent.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:37 AM

Was wondering if the alternator is still available and would you be willing to ship it out? Please let me know, thanks.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alt is still available. PM me your Zip and I will get you a shipped price.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How much for just the alternator shipped to 56001?

How much for just the 2 batteries and rack to 56001?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The batteries and rack have already been sold.

Alternator is $200 shipped. It is in the original box that it came in.

Let me know.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Intake also available. Should I make a new listing for each item that is still available?