Notices
Regional - Canada AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NT, NS, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT

Scion Sales/Info in Canada Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:33 PM

Default Scion Sales/Info in Canada Thread

Hey all,

Love the forums and I look forward to contributing to a great thread community.

Anyhow, Down to business. I found that theres a serious lack of Scion Canada Rollout info out there. The last major piece of information was last october when they first announced that they were going to bring the brand here.

I've emailed Toyota Canada and various dealerships in an attempt to get some info and hopefully get some useful information that I can post here. So far, the people at toyota.ca have responded to my emails with the 2008 press release found here:
http://media.toyota.ca/pr/tci/en/scion/

I've found an article stating Scion's coming in early 2010 (Q1). I think the early 2010 remark is just conjecture though:
http://www.canadiandriver.com/2009/0...-to-canada.htm

I'll continue to update this thread and keep Canadians on the up and up! I encourage anyone to post what they find here!

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:43 PM

Default Scion Sales Info in Canada Update

So I called Scion Canada's 800 number this week (1-866-9-Scion-1) and asked the representive for some info on what quarter Scion plans to rollout in Canada in 2010.

The representative told me that she had no info on an exact quarter. However, she did note that she had some archived information originally stating spring 2010, but she noted that in every article since, 'spring' has been left off from thier info/press releases.

I think that the brand was originally scheduled for spring, but will now be pushed to fall a little after the back to school rush. I think Scion is buying time because of the economic climate as well as the fact that they 're redesigning the tC for 2011. I would put my money on the newly designed tC in Canada for 2011.

I'll continue to keep this post updated. Any info anyone else can sniff out is greatly appreciated. I encourage everyone to call up the scion canada toll free line and let the representative know that they interested in an asap release of Scion in Canada.