Regional - Canada AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NT, NS, NU, ON, PE, QC, SK, YT

Vancouver here i come

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Vancouver here i come

me and a couple friends are headed up to vancouver near the end of june..just wanted to ask some of the tc owners where are some chill places to go..umm good cheap places to stay and some good places for pictures..any help?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:47 PM
SL Member

I actually live in Los Angeles most of the year because I go to college there but I was raised up in Vancouver. I drove my RS4 tC up from Cali just a couple of weeks ago. Picture areas, I would go to:

- North shore (go into downtown, get onto the Lion's Gate Bridge[Near Stanley Park] and make a right to get into North Van, keep going straight and go around the loop to get into West Van)

- Jericho Beach and the beaches along the Vancouver side (Get onto Cromwell St. and you'll see Kits Beach and keep going West and you'll hit Jericho, Spanish Banks, all those)

- East Van, near the PNE or called Playland, there's lots of industrial looking places which are usually pretty empty too. Makes a good back drop.

Vancouver's been really nice these past couple of weeks. Weather's been awesome, nice cars EVERYWHERE (saw like 3 LP560's and 2 F430 Scuderia's and a bunch of random nice cars in one day, downtown).

I'm not too sure about places to stay but food in general is pretty cheap-ish. There's a TON of selection in terms of ethnic stuff. But chill places to go: North Shore, the beaches, downtown (Robson, I guess?), Stanley Park. Not too sure if we're allowed to talk about this on here but BC bud. If you have never been to Vancouver, you'll know what I mean when you come.

Pretty nice drive up from SoCal too. Should be fun.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AlanW
I actually live in Los Angeles most of the year because I go to college there but I was raised up in Vancouver. I drove my RS4 tC up from Cali just a couple of weeks ago. Picture areas, I would go to:

- North shore (go into downtown, get onto the Lion's Gate Bridge[Near Stanley Park] and make a right to get into North Van, keep going straight and go around the loop to get into West Van)

- Jericho Beach and the beaches along the Vancouver side (Get onto Cromwell St. and you'll see Kits Beach and keep going West and you'll hit Jericho, Spanish Banks, all those)

- East Van, near the PNE or called Playland, there's lots of industrial looking places which are usually pretty empty too. Makes a good back drop.

Vancouver's been really nice these past couple of weeks. Weather's been awesome, nice cars EVERYWHERE (saw like 3 LP560's and 2 F430 Scuderia's and a bunch of random nice cars in one day, downtown).

I'm not too sure about places to stay but food in general is pretty cheap-ish. There's a TON of selection in terms of ethnic stuff. But chill places to go: North Shore, the beaches, downtown (Robson, I guess?), Stanley Park. Not too sure if we're allowed to talk about this on here but BC bud. If you have never been to Vancouver, you'll know what I mean when you come.

Pretty nice drive up from SoCal too. Should be fun.
haha many thanks man..and ya our destination up there is the new amsterdam cafe...thats basically what were looking for dude chill places to go chill on the beach or places where people our age go for night life and that stuff man
Old 06-24-2009, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you'll have a good time at the amsterdam cafe, check out the vapor lounge and CCHQ on the same block!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Post up in the PNW region, if you want to stop by one of our many meet and greets, as you make your way through Washington