Notices
Regional - Desert & Salt AZ, NM, UT
View Poll Results: When did the Scion thing stop being fun?
Today
4.08%
A few months ago
11.22%
Last year
10.20%
It was never fun
3.06%
Everythings peachy
71.43%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

When did it stop being fun?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Default When did it stop being fun?

Its come to my attention that the Scion thing isn't fun anymore.
When did the Scion thing stop being fun?
Help me and others understand.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some days I hate it some days I don't.....I love you but I'm not in love with U...."thats the best way to describe it"
Old 11-05-2006, 06:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hate to sound cliche, but it's all what you make of it.

And who brought this to your attention Randy?
Old 11-05-2006, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by bryoninscion
And who brought this to your attention Randy?
i'm not going to name names on a public forum.
but several people have approched me with this.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

all is well down here... but i am getting pretty into my Cosworth right now the Scion has taken a backseat... but other than that Scion is still fun to me
Old 11-05-2006, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tell them to buy a Honda then.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by bryoninscion
Tell them to buy a Honda then.
ok, i will...
Old 11-05-2006, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry, but by the looks of the poll (8 to 1 in favor of it being peachy at this point in time). Still looks like it's fun.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Well I guess I owe everyone that attended an apology for not handling things better last night. The confusion was my fault and I take full responsibility for it. I wasn't feeling well and we didn't get all the arrangements set in time but, still, I could have done a better job. I apologize. In fact, if anyone has any issues with me or last night's event, please PM me and let me hear about it. (Please do NOT post fake profiles to get back at me though!)

Drawings aside, I loved seeing everyone. Anything that brings people together is a good thing so I don't see how anyone can say that it's gotten to be less fun. I mean, seriously, other than the drawings not going smoothly, we get together fairly often and we seem to have a good time even when we're not giving stuff away. So I hardly think people need to be bribed in order to come out to the meets and have a good time. In fact, if I was even worried that this could be the case, I'd have nothing to do with it.

Thanks for voicing this concern on behalf of those who cannot speak for themselves and please pass back to them that people mostly mean well and, when they screw up, maybe we should all try to be forgiving in their attitude. Heck, maybe we can just be happy that somebody's trying to give to the community.

Anyway... not to "jack" another Randode thread... I voted and I hope everyone else will vote as well.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I vote for when the tC came out....
Old 11-05-2006, 03:48 PM
rj
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only Unfun thing I have to deal with is my work blocked scionlife and I have to use a proxy server to bypass the blocks.
Then it takes SL about 10 minutes to load each page I look at thru that server.

So I miss posting where I would normally do it.. @ work all day

Other than that, for me everything is just peachy. I keep doing the mods people want and we have our every other Friday extreme eastside dinner get together. etc etc etc.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Ok, I know where Randy is coming from so here it goes...

I just want to say I LOVE my Scion and still enjoy driving it like I did the first day!!!

First off, there are those certain few, you know who you are, that always enjoy bashing, criticizing, talking smack about, or just think you know it all about everything...We have a lot of proud NEW Scion owners on this board which is GREAT...Remember we were all NEW Scion owners at one point and time and we should be here to help them with their questions, because they have the same questions that we once had...It seems that because a certain few now know the answers to everything, they love to slam the newbies, heck even slam some of us that have been around awhile...Have things have changed? YES...Have members changed? YES...We are growing, this is AWESOME...

Within the last year, I have seen changes on these boards, not all of them good! Members have come and gone because of actions by members here on our boards...Listen, we bought SCIONS because they were different, whether it be an xA, xB, or a tC! Remember, different strokes for different folks! And no, we didn't pay an ungodly amount for these things so why all this animosity towards one another?

I will say this because I know Scott, phoenixtc probably won't say it...Not too long ago, Scott left Scion and Scionlife because of things said by certain members and it ____ed him off...He unregistered and told me he was done with it...First off, Scott is a stand up guy and probably one of the nicest guys you will meet...Those that know him will say the same...Scott doesn't care what kind of car you drive...He loves all cars and never has anything bad to say about anyone or anyone's ride...In my opinion, Scott has one of the CLEANEST tC's out there...His car is NEVER dirty and he takes pride in everything that he has done to it...Nothing has been handed to him...I talked with Scott for quite some time after he left these boards and told him don't let a certain few ruin it for something that you are passionate about...Thankfully, Scott rejoined but as you notice he no longer posts as frequently as he once did...I'm glad he's back!

In closing, I wish we could go back to the way things were...Unfortunately that will probably never happen which I feel is very unfortunate...I believe we will lose more members, which is to be expected in some aspects (bought diffferent brand car), maybe even lose some of our OG'ers...That my friends will be a sucky day...

And to you Mark, this has nothing to do with the event last night at Camelback...The meet was great, the food was great, and the company was great...Unforseen things happen that we sometimes have no control over...Thanks for an awesome event, lets do it again...

For those that may flame me for expressing my opinion, oh well, I'm over it already...
Old 11-05-2006, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scionetics
SL Member

I agree with Yellowsub 100%!

The same thing happened with RBasil and Koolaid. They all stopped posting.

Maybe they could have said or done things differently, but they didn't. We are all different. Different mods, different color cars, different car types (xA, tC, xB). Man those are different. But we all have one thing in common. We love our cars and we love to personalize them (make them more individualized).

People say things they regret and people say things they mean. But some people tend to take them personally and blast people over personal anonymous email and create bogus ids to do this. In my opinion, people like that are the ones making this an uncomfortable board to be in.

It really is not fair to blast someone for having an opinion in a forum. Isn't that what they are for? I personally know that there are people who have received anonymous emails from people after having an opinion and others that have been blasted by bogus accounts on SL.

We need to except each other as individuals and except that everyone has an opinion instead of bashing them for saying "Something could be better". I love my car and I love everyone I have met through SL and Scionetics. If it weren't for the staff at Camelback, mainly Brian, Ron, and Mark, I could not be a member of this board and I would not have met some wonderful people.

Remember, people are different and everyone is entitled to their own opinion (good and bad). Also, if someone says something bad about Urban Racer, Scion, Kronic, Randode, or whoever, it is just an opinion. Don't take it personally. Granted, some things would be better over email directly to the company or individual, but like I said before, it is all the different personalities. Let's all just have fun and enjoy what we love most about our cars and meeting others.

Anyway, I am off my soap box now and I just want to enjoy having my car and meeting new people and I am sure that is what everyone else wants. Just have fun!
Old 11-05-2006, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love you all!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kahuna
I love you all!!!
Wow. An emotional outburst from Chuck! Oh yeah... he won the wheels.

Louis got sidetracked and didn't make the meet but he says he'll get the wheels to you soon.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I LOVE my scion and wouldnt give it up, even though I can't do alot of the mods myself I dont have a problem going to someone else to have it done. People just need to grow up!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by JohnathonSull
I LOVE my scion and wouldnt give it up, even though I can't do alot of the mods myself I dont have a problem going to someone else to have it done. People just need to grow up!
Yuppers!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:07 PM
n7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I voted everythings just peachy. I don't know why anybody's saying its not fun anymore. Its what you make of it. I love Scion and the Scion community. Because of scion, scionlife, and scionetics I've met some really great people and they're all really great friends. That's what makes it fun....the people. So what if someone makes waves and complains all the time. It shouldn't affect the rest of us so much. If they hate let them hate. Big whoop. I'm here because I love my scion and my scion friends. That's why everythings still peachy, because I still have my Scion and my Scion friends.

So there!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm kinda lost as to what is going on. Every time I see pics of events, there seems to be a lot of fun going on. Even more so when homosexual phxloco shows up! j/k ceasar. I don't understand what's going on.
I love my box. I love hanging with everyone when I have a chance. Someone enlighten me ?!
Old 11-05-2006, 07:16 PM
n7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mywifesbox
Every time I see pics of events, there seems to be a lot of fun going on. Even more so when homosexual phxloco shows up! j/k ceasar.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quick Reply: When did it stop being fun?