Notices
Regional - Great Lakes IL, IN, OH, MI, WI

2011 Annual Celicatech Dragon Run

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 01:19 PM
SL Member
SL Member

Default 2011 Annual Celicatech Dragon Run

This has to be one of the best meets for Toyota owners. I went last year and had a blast. Met many people, and got to push the car near some limits. I look forward to seeing how the xB2 handles it. I encourage others to come down for the weekend and take a break from the Ohio way of life, lol. I will be leaving Friday 9/20 and arriving around dinner time. We all meet at Cracker Barrel around the corner from the hotel. Saturday morning we head over to US129, The Tail of The Dragon. Spend most of the day driving. Sunday is anyones guess.
Austin.C

From CelicaTech.org

After voting, and prodding, and name calling the date has been set.

The Annual Celicatech Dragon Run will occur on May 21st and May 22nd of 2011

Yup, it is the special time of year again folks. When we all get restless and thinking toward what is our favorite event. This is an event that has been going on for several years now and it is always the highlight of my year.

For the uninitiated, The Dragon is a stretch of road that lies between Tennessee and North Carolina, it is known by many names, but it is officially known as US Highway 129. It is a marvelous stretch of road known to automotive enthusiasts the entire world over.

Now, some of you might be asking, 'Why is it called the Dragon Run?' Well, let me explain.

We are car fanatics. And the reason we love cars, is that we love to drive them. So in a departure from typical meets, we plan this around driving. Driving through the Great Smokey Mountains and enjoying some beautiful sights and comradeship.

There will be plenty of time for looking at cars, enjoying the companionship and eating, however, the meat and potatoes of this event is driving.

We always expect a large turnout, and this year will be no exception. Barring any landslides, floods and other unforeseen acts of nature, we will have a good run.

One thing I would like to stress is making sure that your car is up to snuff. This is not a Sunday drive through the country. Please, make sure your tires are good, cooling systems are in shape and you have all the gears in your transmission. I will not be performing a tech inspection, so please use some common sense.

Lodging information is listed below.

Lodging is being planned just off of Cedar Bluff in Knoxville. There are many hotels to fit different budgets.

Holiday Inn Select Knoxville-West Hotel (I-40 & I-75)
- www.holidayinn.com - (877) 863-4780

La Quinta Inn-Knoxville West
- www.lq.com - (865) 690-9777

Sleep Inn
- www.sleepinn.com - (865) 531-5900

Holiday Inn Select Cedar Bluff
- www.cedarbluff.hiselect.com - (865) 693-1011
- This is the suggested hotel. This is where most of us stay.

Econo Lodge West
- www.econolodge.com - (865) 693-6061

Hampton Inn Knoxville-west At Cedar Bluff, Tn
- www.hamptoninn.com - (865) 693-1101

Budget Inn
- www.hotelclub.com - (865) 934-1182

Please join in the discussion and we will see who all is coming, where you are staying, and what you would like to see happen this year. Every year is different, and every year is a blast.

2-Way Radios are recommended, this is how we all like to keep in touch with one another and make sure we all know where we are going.

I hope to see you attend.

Now, in a departure of previous years, I am not making an itinerary, and I will leave it up to discussion of how and what we will do. No one stick to the itinerary anyways.

If you need anymore information, feel free to contact myself or post in this thread.
And please, spread the word to other enthusiasts.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...ech-Dragon-Run