Notices
Regional - Great Lakes IL, IN, OH, MI, WI
View Poll Results: Who should the bulls pick at no.1?
Derrick Rose (PG, College: Memphis, Chicago native)
91.67%
Michael Beasley (PF/SF, College: Kansas State, Maryland native)
8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Bulls steal No.1 draft pick

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well the other thing the bulls need is an inside offense and rebounder. even if joakim noah improves this season, they will still need a back up. i think they need to take derrick rose at #1, then figure out how to deal some of the 15 guards we currently have to get a respectable power forward to back up gooden. basically, we dont have much of a power presence at this moment besides gooden and hopefully noah next season.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ your right. take rose no matter how much beasley impressed. and gooden was a good pick up. he actually wants to rebound and block and attack the offensive boards, but your right we need a good power foward along with gooden to help. yea lets package a couple of our whole team of guards for a legit power foward in case noah dosent develop as fast as we hope.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man. one more day til the draft. next year is going to be very interesting, not just for the bulls but for the whole league. lots of things changed this year
Old 06-27-2008, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ ur right. yay derrick rose bulls
Old 06-27-2008, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i really hope they dont throw him away like they did with elton brand
Old 06-27-2008, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i doubt that. they need to start throwing away some other people
Old 06-27-2008, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i more meant i hope not than i doubt that. bc we've seen crazier.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

so ROSE it is!

now, i was looking at beasly as well...but like i said before with Vinny a run and gun player/coach we got a run and gun rookie!
should work out nicely!

so, do you think he should start?

hey RYU and know you said you hate kobe! but i would love him on the bulls. really would! he needs to leave LA and with the loss in the playoffs this year, he should really get the hell out of there! hes gonna be a waste there!

i say get rid of GORDAN! everyone really!

maybe keep noah since he still young! keep Deng for sure!

and just rebuild man! kurt is a huge disapointment, gordan isnt consistant!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

keep noah for his intensity, and def deng for his consistency!.. but gordon's punk ___ should go! he's too sloppy and puts the game on his shoulders but could never finish!

when you said kurt... did you mean kirk? kirk should stay! he's the only stable player on the team and i think him and rose at the helm could keep the team in check... he brings leadership while rose brings productivity (hopefully)
Old 06-27-2008, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as far as kobe goes, yes he'll be a wast at LA bc of all the older players... he needs to go to a young team like chicago and build from the ground up... i know it wouldnt sound very approachable if you talk about a lot of young players and one well-seasoned veteran but itll be perfect for kobe as he can make the team into something that he wants...
Old 06-27-2008, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea pax said how hes not going to get rid of people for a while. rose needs to start now and go through the growing pains now that way he develops. i dont understand why we woulddn't give him all the minutes we can if we know he is our future u kno? that would be crazy if we got kobe. had rose and kobe that would be an amazing backcourt. with gooden down low. and we could get a solid power foward. i mean how many damn guards we have you know, people would want.hinrich,gordon,hughes,duhons gone rite?(i forgot), thabo, and whats with tyrus?
Old 06-28-2008, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i said kurt! im so used to hearing him called CAPTAIN KIRK and thought Kurt! but yes'em! he should go as well...hess good! but would be better somewhere else!

Kobe would be a great addition! he needs to be HERE! ha ha ha

to bad we couldnt get other chi natives like KG or WADE!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea that be amazing with wades contract expiring next year i beleive . we should trade for him. imagine wade,rose back court. but kobe yea is amazin. or even kg.eh i dont wanna talk about that, bc it would never happen and it would be like old time bulls
Old 06-30-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first of all, to say hinrich is "consistent," is a far stretch. gordon is way more consistent than hinrich. just compare hinrichs numbers last year to this year, and youll know what i mean.

gordon has equal if not more potential as hinrich does. hes a very young player and cannot carry a team yet, which explains his tendency to get better results at the 6th man position. hinrich is in the same situation. its going to be tough deciding who will be the better man to keep, but to me, its gordon. he might not perform well as a starter, but he performs very well off the bench, compared to hinrich's consistent lackluster performance whether he is starting or not.

kobe doesnt have much time left. i dont care what people say, he is NOT a team player. even though his team played more "team" ball this season, he is still "that guy" that treats his teammates like they are beneath him. if youre gonna run and gun your offense, you need that chemistry if the team is young, not some guy trying to tell everyone what to do and lacks a sense of self-accountability. the reason the lakers offense worked so well (except with boston) is because all the guys were veterans and knew the ropes.

the bulls this season and maybe next (if we stick with this coach for half a minute) will be in learning mode, and kobe doesnt have time for that, nor does he have the patience.

besides, if you were kobe, would you leave lakers, with bynum coming back next season? their squad will be a definite contender for the finals next year.

imo, we dont need kobe. and i think pax feels the same
Old 06-30-2008, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it would be nice to get dwayne wade in chicago, but lets wait and see what vinny can do with our current squad before we can make any judgement.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^^^
i still like KOBE HERE! lol...

thats what im crossing my fingers too....if Vinny comes out like a COACH should and we get atleast 2nd in our division...that would open up WADES eyes and would probably want to come home to CHICAGO!!!

so they need to step up! we are young! so we got time! i just want to WIN !!! i hate having a loosing team here in the chi!

THATS WHY IM ALSO A SOX FAN! ha ha haha!
Old 07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ haha yay another sox fan. yea im sure they will win more but they do need to get someones else here to be the main guy. and we would still be very young. they gotta start picking who they want to keep and keep for the bulls future. i mean why split time between guys when we know rose is our future u kno? watever they need to start making moves now! nad yes i second wade come home!rose and wade hometown heros
Old 07-03-2008, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so baron davis will most likely be heading to the clippers. and i doubt they will let brand go, so we might have a chance at corey magette. dude has skillz, but im afraid he might be injury prone. he would make a decent PF, splitting duties with drew gooden and maybe as back up SF

how dumb would it be if we end up with brand again.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it would be retarded, like why did we do it in ther first place? magette is pretty damn good, but ur right he is injury prone.i dunno but i want to hear some news about the bulls soon! and better be good news ,not no we ge tthe sucky end of the deal
Old 07-16-2008, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

brand?

well...we are gonna have west coast offense now with vinny so he might fit in!

he didnt before! but...not gonna happen. lol hes gone!

cant wait for the season to start!

Quick Reply: Bulls steal No.1 draft pick