Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

Parking Lots For Setting Up Cones, Etc

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scott17
I will probably see you there Sunday as I live in the neighborhood to the south side and cut through there all the time.
just make sure you go the right way through the parkinglot this time scott
Old 11-18-2005, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aight. I'll be easy to spot: the gringo in last place :-p w00t!
Old 11-24-2005, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did anyone see me sucking Sunday? :-p
Old 11-24-2005, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yes I did. I watched for a few minutes as I had a lot of crap to do and i saw one of your runs. Definately not the worst I saw! I saw one spin-out and stall after the slalom and some guy took out about 6 cones. The question is: DID YOU HAVE FUN?
Old 11-24-2005, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

:-p Yeah I AM proud to say that I didn't spin, mash a gear, or take out any cones, though man was I HOT (i.e. furious) after my first two runs. I was NOT HAPPY with my performance. I was more or less satisfied with my last run and yes I had fun (especially, watching the Subaru's).
That evening it hit me why I wasn't happy with my driving. Running one lap, sitting for 15 minutes, running another lap, sitting for another 15 minutes.. I had no rhythm. I knew the course, didn't spin out or loss control, but I couldnt establish a rhythm driving one lap at a time. I guarantee I would've done alot better or at least been happier with my performance if I could've run all four in a row and gotten a rhythm established. Yes, I understand that's not really feasable at an event like this, but that's how I drive. That's why I drive the same routes over and over and over 'till I know them inside and out. I have a rhythm for the commute to work, a rhythm for getting to the campus for class, a rhythm for the return trips, etc etc. Ok I'm done soapboxing now. Someone validate what I'm saying though. :-p
Old 11-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

ur not going to be good in your first event. it takes a lot of time and practice. in my 3 seasons of autox, im still learning things. as far as establishing a rythm, that's not necessary to being good. if you are making the same mistakes over and over, then you're not going to be any faster. your skill increases as you drive on different courses. practice turn in, braking, picking a line, exiting, and weight transfer. those are things that are key to being successful in autoX. once you've mastered those skills, then you can go to a road course and start "learning" a course and getting into a "pattern"(i like better than rythm) of driving.

happy thanksgiving!
Old 11-25-2005, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah learning the course is a big part of it. It looks significantly different from in the car at speed than it does when you walk it. I definitely want to go through the Evolution driving school. I understand the basics of some of those concepts but I need to suck less. (Like their bumper stickers say... 'Now I suck less') :-p Time to start saving for that.