Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

Please do not give business to Charles Maund Scion, Austin

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:23 AM

Default Please do not give business to Charles Maund Scion, Austin

I post more on ystc.com but I do read here pretty frequently. Just a heads up to anyone in and around Austin...

We've all heard our dealership horror stories, here's another.

Charles Maund Scion/Toyota - 8400 Research Blvd., Austin TX

I'll keep it short and to the point: the Charles Maund body shop did a sub-par job fixing a mechanical issue involving the air conditioning unit in my car stemming from a collision (not my fault) last year. That issue resulted in further damage to the air conditioning unit in my car. It took them two tries to get the air conditioner fixed (what they even admitted was a simple task and a stupid screw-up) the first time, and a year later it was irrepairably damaged due to their poor installation.

In the process of dealing with resolving this issue, I've been without my car for over 3 days now and have received absolutely no help from either the shop or the GM of the dealership. When I spoke with the GM of the dealership about getting my car back from the body shop, he basically told me it was out of his jurisdiction, and that he WOULD NOT call the body shop manager to look into it for me because it was after hours. It was 5:35, and the shop had closed at 5:30. I was told my car would be available for pickup after 5:00, but never told that the shop closed at 5:30. Pretty small window, especially with no warning. Strangely enough, the doors were all locked and the phone was not being answered as of 5:32, so it's pretty obvious they ducked out early - no place I've ever worked in has any employee ever been able to get out of sight of the building within 2 minutes of closing.

After refusing to help me out by speaking to the body shop manager, the GM said there's nothing more I can do for you, I think it's time for you to leave. He said this knowing that I had no transportation, and would be walking the 3+ miles to get home. Didn't bother to offer a car or even apologize for his shop's negligence. He simply didn't care.

I'm not writing this to bxtch and moan. I'm writing this to hopefully do my part to make sure that the way this dealership mistreated one person will cost them. Maybe someone will read this and not take their car there for maintenance; maybe they'll avoid the body shop after an accident (as well you should, since they seem to be pretty incompetent). Ideally, someone will actually buy their vehicle from a different dealership instead of Maund. Whatever it is, hopefully the word spreads.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's terrible...I'll be sure to avoid them.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

dayum that fuking sucks
Old 05-13-2008, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Theyve never really had a good rep so i dont think you have to worry about anyone going to them. If for some reason i couldt go to champion toyota i would drive up to classic toyota.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i'd never take my car there even if I had 2 drive 2 san antonio I would
Old 05-17-2008, 11:50 PM

Thank you for the insight....I will be picking up my XB from Champion on Monday.....
Old 05-18-2008, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in austin too, I'll be sure to avoid them. We should get an austin meet going.