Notices
Regional - Mid South KY, NC, SC, TN

Take-off's in NC

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 12:20 AM

Default Take-off's in NC

Does anyone know a good dealer or a good place where I can go and purchase "take-off's"? I just recently heard of this concept from a scion owner in Pennsylvania and he told me to post something here to see if anyone knew anything.

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

What in particular are you looking for? 'Take offs' usually refer to wheels - some people have the stocks swapped for TRD or aftermarket wheels at the dealer when they purchase the car, and the stock wheels are then available for sale. Or someone would put aftermarket wheels on themselves, and sell the stock wheels.
Tail lights could be take offs too; if the dealer puts on TYC tails, then the stock tails are available. They're referred to as take offs, because they are taken off usually when they are new or close to it - as opposed to being 'used' parts.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lil_Deuce_tCoupe
What in particular are you looking for? 'Take offs' usually refer to wheels - some people have the stocks swapped for TRD or aftermarket wheels at the dealer when they purchase the car, and the stock wheels are then available for sale. Or someone would put aftermarket wheels on themselves, and sell the stock wheels.
Tail lights could be take offs too; if the dealer puts on TYC tails, then the stock tails are available. They're referred to as take offs, because they are taken off usually when they are new or close to it - as opposed to being 'used' parts.
Yeah, sorry, I was talking about the wheels.