Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

Fast and Furious Tokyo meet in Philly

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Fast and Furious Tokyo meet in Philly

Anyone interested in seeing Fast and Furious Tokyo in Philly the day it's out let me know. I already know one person was interested after I posted it in a discussion. I plan on seeing the movie late so that it can accomodate everyone's schedule.

We'll figure out the theater, prolly within Philly like United Artists on Manayunk or somewhere up my way at Franklin Mills or Neshaminy since there's free parking. Let me know what's a good time around and what theater.

Also where to meet.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not in Philly, and I probably shouldn't post in your thread here--but the fast and the furious Tokyo drift?!!!

It would be cool for people to meet up, and all--but that's got to be the lamest freakin' movie ever made. I've only seen a preview, and I wish evil upon the people who made the piece of crap.. It is just a crappy attempt for Hollywood to cash in on something that they obviously have no concept of at all. It's like taking the whole modding/tuning concept and making it all cheeseball. This stupid crap movie is enough to make someone who didn't know think that JDM was the name of a freakin' mall store or something.

Die, Tokyo drift, die!!! I hope NOONE but your group there goes to see it, and that they finally stop making these buttsucker sequels. The preview alone is offensive to tuners and the Japanese everywhere--it makes everyone look like some retard who just step out of Banana republic.
Enjoy your show.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel about tokyo drift...lol
Old 05-25-2006, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn, it's just a movie. Movies are made to entertain, though the first one was horrible. I'm there to support a fellow Asian director so it helps to have more mainstream Asian directors in the US markets.

As much as it may sound corny and all, a whole lot of tuner folks and car enthusiasts will spend the money to see the film as well as those who don't have much clue about tuners or cars in general. I've seen other F&F Tokyo postings in different regions on SL.

Then again don't expect much from tuner movies (that includes Initial D), videogame to movie films, comicbook films, or films about the baddest motha... fighting snakes on a plane other than the action sequences.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let me spoil it for you all:
***SPOILER***Vin Deisel pops in at the end!!! WoooHooo!!! Everyone gets excited and leaves happy that Vin came back!!!!***SPOILER***

The Japanese look stupid and defeated. The stupid white guy (Paul Walker or whover the hell) dominates the drifting world and looks cool. Vin Deisel returns. Everyone goes home happy.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That was funny. Maybe Will Smith will pop up as Racer X at the end and pop lil bow wow in head for that comment he made. You might want to check the arizona thread cuz there's a lot of positive responses about the movie.

BTW: Vin Diesel is part white. So if he takes over, it's not a white guy who dominates the race scene.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Nothing wrong with white guys in the race scene (coming from an asian guy). . . but when they use some prissy made up pretty boy is when it gets rediculous.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think this is funny how people from Cali are posting in the NE forum regarding a meet that's a billion miles from their state.

I do agree w/ djct about when a pretty boy is the hero in the movie. I guess it's to market to the mainstream since a minority can't appeal to the mainstream compared to a white boy.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^That would make sense...except the import car scene is definitely not dominated by whites. Even Autobacs new this.
I read a statement from the company in Japan from before they opened their stor in Stanton, CA. They said that they chose that particular location due to the high asian and latino community in the area- and that was who was buying a majority ofJapanese aftermarket parts in the US. They didn't try to create a market...they went where their market was.
This is some Hollywood attempt to create some kind of fantasyland story, that will probably ____off some people. I read the description of the movie...interesting.
Sadly, the glorious white hero is in backward Japan, where he feels alienated by people who are polite, and clean up after themselves...until he meets up with lil boohoo, and some korean people.
The head bad guy in the movie is a Yakuza leader called DK, meaning drift king. Nice. I bet keichi tsuchiya feels real good about that one.

Tokyo drift? - but no Japanese characters are featured as heroes at all....although the movie description says that the wonderful american characters are aided by a korean-american character...in order to defeat the evil Japanese bad guys. A nice japan based, japanese driving style inspired, Japanese car featuring, ANTI-JAPANESE movie.
Of course the white guy is there to put those 'japs' in their place, and Lil' boowoo is there to rock the house, and sexify on some of them slanteyed submissive beeeotches!!!
This is horrible crap stereotypical hollywood bullcrap, and I hope that noone goes to see it.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

y are are you Cali people gangin up on the East coaster, everybody knows PAs where it's at but really y you gotta go to his thread and rip on his ideas, if you don't like it don't read it
Old 05-26-2006, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No rip intended on eastcoast/midwesterners. I've spent some time in phil. and it was pretty cool.
I just hate this movie and what it represents--so I'll rip it wherever I can. I'm not trying to rip anybody...I mean, if you hate japanese people, you'll probably love this thing. I just don't think thats cool. If I convince one person to not hand out their $10, then I'm happy.

Pay your $10 fast, and leave the theater furious.

"I'm so cool! I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time, baby...and I say cool things like WHIP!...and NOS!...and I'm a TUNER!! Yeah, baby!!"
Old 05-26-2006, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by evilBOXevil
No rip intended on eastcoast/midwesterners. I've spent some time in phil. and it was pretty cool.
I just hate this movie and what it represents--so I'll rip it wherever I can. I'm not trying to rip anybody...I mean, if you hate japanese people, you'll probably love this thing. I just don't think thats cool. If I convince one person to not hand out their $10, then I'm happy.

Pay your $10 fast, and leave the theater furious.

"I'm so cool! I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time, baby...and I say cool things like WHIP!...and NOS!...and I'm a TUNER!! Yeah, baby!!"
Wow, you seriously have issues buddy.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, you seriously have issues buddy.
...You have no idea....
Old 05-26-2006, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can see why you're angry, but it's just a movie and I'm asian too. I know about the racism that exists in hollywood. The best way to change that is to support Fast and Furious' Asian director Justin Lin. If you seriously have a problem with the flick go to him.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

When a post is made, it automatically gets listed on the "latest posts" on the first page. I personally can't speak for evilBOX, but I didn't really rip on anything; I just commented on the first movie they made. One other person makes a comment, and suddenly we are ganging up on him. Personally, I think it'll be cool to either see some JDM cars or laugh at a rediculous plot line. . . either way I'd be entertained. It is a NEW movie, after all.

I'm sorry I invaded your personal space on the internet that you guys all own. Jeez. . . just tryin to be friendly and crack some jokes. . . but I guess that a sense of humor doesn't fly. I'll stop watching this thread and won't bother you guys anymore. Btw, you guys are all welcome to post on the California regional threads. We believe in hospitality out here.

. . . man you guys are sensitive.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Banned
SL Member

whatever..its a movie with cars and cool stunt driving scenes in it. So its not gonna win an oscar. WHO CARES?? its just supposed to be fun Entertainment!!! Nothing to get so worked up about.

For being so upset over the alleged "stereotyping" of asians in the movie, you sure seemed to stereotype white folks a lot in your posts...

I thought west coasters were supposed to be all chill and laid back???
Old 05-28-2006, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2LoTc

I thought west coasters were supposed to be all chill and laid back???
Only in movies.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Banned
SL Member

haha. yeah i guess that was an incorrect Stereotype on my part.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow....... u guys are rough... back to the D&S hiding
Old 06-08-2006, 11:18 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

depending on the time i should be able to go cause i was planning on going that night anyways