Notices
Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

ScionCop has returned !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ScionCop has returned !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long lay off, for a while nobody had sent me any posts and since I sold my TC I ended up not logging on anymore. I logged on cuz my wife was teasing me about the ScionCop stuff and I got curious to see if any activity was still going on my thread. Well it sure has. Well any ways I want to start a new thread under this post, I do all my postings from work so I really don't have the time to read all through the old questions. So please feel free to fire away but remember I am at work and on duty so I can't get back to you right away all the time. Also please remember that I am a CT Officer and all laws differ from state to state especially the farther down south you are or Hawaii.

ScionCop
Old 06-01-2007, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

is it illegal to run yellow bulbs in your low beams =X
Old 06-01-2007, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Yellow Bulbs

Yes, any colored lights not authorized by your State DMV cannot be used to incluse neon lights, blue lazer beam h-lamps, colored bulps for windshield washer dispenser stem caps ect ect.

ScionCop
Old 06-01-2007, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there any legal % that you can tint your windows?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a license plate frame that i can change the lettering on that my kid got me. the problem with it is it covers up the tags on the plate ( month -year that they expire) can i run it on the front plate?? i know in oregon we have to run the front plate but do the tags also have to be visible?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Tints / Plates

Call your local DMV and ask what percentage your state allows. In CT officers dont measure for tint perentages. DMV measures windows and attaches a small inspection sticker if it passes. All we look for on the road is the sticker. No sticker then your in violation.

Plates.....
In CT "ANYTHING" not authorized by the Commisioner of DMV that is attached to your plate front or back is a violation. Check with your state to see if they follow the same rules.

ScionCop
Old 06-01-2007, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What if you got pulled over by a CT state trooper he proceeds to tell you you violated:
Turn Signal Violation
Driving Recklessly
Loud Exhaust
Speeding (70 in a 55)
and something else...

After that he told me he would make it so there were no points on my license and that it would have no effect on me if I just paid the ticket..

Well it has been about 3 weeks since I paid the 580 dollar ticket and well I got a letter saying with one more moving violation I have to go to a driver re-education course... In my book that is a repurcussion from my tickets and I felt like I was basically lied to by the officer.

Not only was this officer very rude to me, but he made me felt like I was an idiot and I treated him with the utmost respect. He basically tailgated me for a mile until i sped up to 75 on the merrit parkway, got on his loudspeaker and told me to slow down, which I did... flew away and when I went to pass a car going 60-65 he pulled me over and gave me a piece of his mind. I would have fought the ticket if I wasn't living in worcester at the time.

That was a mouthfull... is there any way to avoid this driver re-education stuff? I mean my car is gold now and I have a feeling it will be profiled quite badly on the roads. I dont even break 70mph on 91 and barely go over 65 on the merrit.

Well.... I am glad to see your back... and you seem to be a very nice officer and I feel bad that more than often you hear stories of the bad ones and not the good ones. lots of love for the boys in blue
Old 06-01-2007, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Welcome back Scion Cop!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

here is my situation:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ht=ticket+grrr

i feel beond wronged by my citation, can you shed any light on it?
Old 06-01-2007, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So last night I'm out on my bike(20" freestyle, not motorcycle), and my 2 friends and I decided to try to go to Dunkin Donuts. They started a new policy that says its drive-thru only from midnight to 5am. We went to the window to order something and eat it at the tables out front. The lady inside told us it was illegal to order food from bikes at a drive-thru. I called bollocks but figured I'd check anyway.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by davedavetC
is it illegal to run yellow bulbs in your low beams =X
check your local laws... I looked up mine yesterday to answer a question in my region, and was surprised to find that in CO any front lights (lo/hi/signal) must be either amber or white or any shade between amber and white.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Re: ScionCop has returned !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Eddie8124
Sorry for the long lay off, for a while nobody had sent me any posts and since I sold my TC I ended up not logging on anymore. I logged on cuz my wife was teasing me about the ScionCop stuff and I got curious to see if any activity was still going on my thread. Well it sure has. Well any ways I want to start a new thread under this post, I do all my postings from work so I really don't have the time to read all through the old questions. So please feel free to fire away but remember I am at work and on duty so I can't get back to you right away all the time. Also please remember that I am a CT Officer and all laws differ from state to state especially the farther down south you are or Hawaii.

ScionCop
welcome back! I want to hear about the mobile plate hunter 900 - you guys have one?
Old 06-01-2007, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Tickets

For those of you who wrote to me about getting tickets. I know that in CT you can contest the ticket and sometimes get an option for a donation instead of paying the entire fine and it chances are it wont give you points.

My advise is call the ticket court prosecuter and ask about any options to avoid getting any points and or paying a lesser fine. Prosecuters love settling cases before going to trial.

Scioncop
Old 06-01-2007, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Madzos

Any establishment has a right to set its own policies so long as it doesn't discriminate any groups.

Scioncop
Old 06-01-2007, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Now i have a question

What is a Mobile Plate 900 ?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

guess you guys don't have it yet - it's a license plate scanner that can run 900 plates a minute.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

License plate scanner? I don't get what you mean whats the purpouse?
Old 06-02-2007, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Eddie8124
License plate scanner? I don't get what you mean whats the purpouse?
are you sure you're a cop?

mobile plate hunter is a automated license scanner that runs plates as cars go by. it uses an optical character recognition system developed by the italian postal service. In a matter of milliseconds, it's able to tell officers if the registration is expired/owner is suspended or wanted.

900 plates a minute. A minute.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Plate scanner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ1LQ2lKgs8
Old 06-02-2007, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Plate Scaner

I saw the video. All I got to say is WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats the most incredible thing ever. I am bringing this up to my Chief to see if he'll get it. It's a wrap.

And yes I am a cop I drink my coffe black mother#$@#! !!!!!!!!!!
Ha Ha J/k Thanks
Scioncop

Quick Reply: ScionCop has returned !!!!!!!!!!!!!