stupid man at car show

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default stupid man at car show

So I go to a hoss's car cruise tonight, enter my tC fpr the heck of it, it was 2 bucks to enter, nothing liek my car was there unfortunatly, it was all old cars even though it was open to all, which I have been having problems finding shows with a class seperate for our type of cars to have a better shot of winning but thats not important. This weird cocky middle aged man in a corvette parks behind me and hits my back bumper (i didn;t see it happen but was informed of it) so I go look and its up against my car and I'm not happy, I still treat my car with care, wash it often etc. and hate to see anything like this happen. I wait by the car for this man to show up and ask him to move his car to see if theres any damage at all and he laughs saying there is none. I'm not sure why the hell I would belive this guy so I insist on moving it. He then asks what the car is I tell him "scion tC" and he asks "who makes that" As soon as he hears toyota hes the sterotypical american car owner which thinks anything not chevy or ford is trash and asks if its a "rice burner" I don;t even know what to say so I didn't say anything. There was no damage that I could see and was probally just a tap. I took his plate number and a pic on my phone just in case. Not sure why he had so much pride in his vehicle when he said he bought it used and had paint damage on it and was in poor condition. Anyway he left early and I didn;t win nothin at the show lol but it was an ok time.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

idk what part of PA your in but im over in the lehigh valley and most of the time the guys are pretty cool. just have to show some respect. but corvette owners seem have a higher douche bag ratio. as long as your car is ok dont make it a fuss
Old 06-27-2007, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

i run into those types of car shows all the time here nothing but hot rods but atleast some have a class for us imports but no many show up but still it is fun and alot of the older guys come up and ask all kinds a q's they even ask for some advise sometime and like i said here there are import car shows but way to few of them.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Yeah I agree, I don;t run into many people that are over confident about there cars even though they are really nice cars, this was actually the first experience for me, and I agree the car is ok and nothing needs done.

There was one car show that I know of that had a class that even grouped you within the year of your car..unforuntaly it was 330 miles one way and I didn;t want any of that lol
Old 06-27-2007, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Corvettes often don't have spares and use run flats...

*hint* *hint*
Old 06-27-2007, 03:31 AM
OhioScions
SL Member

corvettes may be fast but get the worst gas mileage, my buddy has a z06. so he can talk ____ all he wants
Old 06-27-2007, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Corvettes...........well they are pretty.............and they are fast................but every bald old guy with 50000 in his bank account can have one.............now I am old..........and starting to bald.............but if some jack ___ bumped my car................ohhhh never mind................i have a new respect for imports the last few years...........
Old 06-27-2007, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha
I had some guy in his mid 40's who drives an A8 ask me what kind car I had. I told him and he said it was nice. Made my day
Old 06-27-2007, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

dude if some _______ would hit my car, and then be a dick about it, fists would start flying. no joke. better not happen when im there
Old 06-27-2007, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ wow an A8! That would probably make anybodies day who drives a scion...someone with a 100 thousand dollar car asks about their scion...

nice story btw
Old 06-27-2007, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

i have to agree..........my poor butt..........well.........i got bail money............but I hate to see the day some jack a$$ dents my ride.............. loven my '08..............
Old 06-27-2007, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Well your Karma will be good for it..................but ohhhhhhhh............sorry...........Grrrrrrrrrr vette or not...........to hit another guys car is just wrong............
Old 06-27-2007, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

I didn't like Vette owners even when I was one. But like everything, some are cool some are not ... in this case most were not.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turbodreams
dude if some butthole would hit my car, and then be a dick about it, fists would start flying. no joke. better not happen when im there
Everyone's a tough guy...

Glad to hear you stayed cool about it, even if he was a dick about it. You'd think anyone at a show should have some respect for other vehicles and maybe have been like "oh, I'm really sorry, I didn't even notice." Or something to that effect... and have been happy to make sure everything was OK.

But yes... some people are just full of the douche.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

daym that sucks man, you should come down to CALI, its rare to see an "american class" at all of our car shows lol..
Old 06-27-2007, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wow, im sorry that would ____ me off if someone did that to me. you'd think that a middleaged person would have more morals and respect for other peoples property, i guess some are just in denial that theyre getting old, no offense to anyone who may be older.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what a douche! My first car was a '65 Mustang and I got tired of the "high mucky muck" (as us Hawaiians call it) attitudes, not only at shows but also within the car clubs and each other. I miss my old car but not the people. Let the old men have their last days of glory and brush it off yer shoulders!

If anyone of them wants to bash my car for it being an import and customized, then I'll tell them what we do to our cars now, is no different than what they did back in the '50s with chopping cars and lowering them. Back then everyone hated it and were against the street racing scene. Plus it's not practical and I do not have the money to go out and buy an all original muscle car and put $20-30000 into something I'm not going to drive more than once a month.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

bear with me, bit of a rant

It gets me everytime I hear stuff like "sterotypical american car owner which thinks anything not chevy or ford is trash" or "every bald old guy with 50000 in his bank account can have one"
I see similar stuff on some of the other forums I visit, the "they're all the same" attitude, you know what, I've met jerks in hondas, toyotas, fords and vw's, on the other hand some of the coolest people I know drive subaru's, chevy's, scions, and benz's, its all on the person, not the car.

its like saying all black guys are ****... or all asian kids do ***... or white guys think ***... see how long that thread would last.

yes the guy that bumped your car sounds like a jerk, but HE's an @$%hole, don't lump all chevy/corvette drivers into that, I'm sure there are people out there with TC's that you don't want to be associated with,
Old 06-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Scikotics

Originally Posted by OleksiyMU
corvettes may be fast but get the worst gas mileage, my buddy has a z06. so he can talk poop all he wants
My mom actually gets pretty good mileage on her corvette. 30 MPG
Old 07-01-2007, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member

I have a 68 Chevy C10, 47 Dodge Pickup and an xB. With a lifted Jeep as a second vehicle. Its weird when I goto shows/hangout with my different "car buddies" they all have different attitudes. Majority of them are pretty cool towards the xB. I do get some ribbing everynow and then.

So, I guess the point of this is to say not all old car owners are d!ckwads.

Quick Reply: stupid man at car show