Regional - Northeast CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

York City Police suck

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default York City Police suck

so heres the story. me and my girlfriend were on our way to Petsmart, when i passed by a york city cop, i got about a half mile away from him when i saw he pulled out and then he turned on his lights but i was far away and didnt think put to much thought in it, so i turned into petsmart parking lot and he pulls in behind me and gets out right away, and procedes to tell me that my tailights are illegal, and i told him they werent and ask him why he thought that they were, and he said dont get and attitude with me ill right stuff up on this thing all night long. like usuall he asked for my lisence and registration.i tell him i have a gun in the glove box and that im not gonna reach for it, so i got out of the car and he frisked me and took my knife, then took the gun from the glove box and took it apart and called in the cerial number, and guess what it came back clean then he trys to tell me that the leds in my tails are illegal, my wheels are illegal, the headlights, the factory window tint, and my ride height, then he tried to ack like he knew what he was talking about, but he doesnt know jack about vehicle code. so then he goes back to right it up and i started saying to my girl about all the crap he missed, then he comes back with 2 tickets and it wasnt even for what he pulled me over for, one was for ride height, he says i was1/2 inch below what i should be so that cost me 107.50 so im gonna take him to court over all this because he didnt know what he was talking about and had to check with someone else for the laws, enough complaining from me ill keep you posted on how all this goes, and whay does it seem like york city singles me out over this, when northern regionals never say anything to me about this? i think he was just looking for a easy target, and boy did i prove him wrong on that one, what a schmuck, he needs to go back to school and learn more about law enforcement
Old 09-18-2007, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Technically, he's right. Changing anything on a vehicle is a federal offense, since it affects emissions. Except for the tail lights, I don't see how that would be illegal...there are stock vehicles with LED tails...hell, the Audi R8 is going to have LED headlights.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wheels affect emissions now? Damn it. FTP . Why don't they pull over all the lifted trucks with 18lights on the front that are always running. Fight it. If you got his badge# or name call his superior and chew him out. I'm tired of cops going on power trips. Eventually people are gonna start fighting back and it isn't going to be pretty.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT!
I think your right but remember, DON'T GET MAD IN COURT the Judge will stop listening.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very true. You have to be calm and collect when "authority" is around. And don't even change the tone of your voice because they might hear it as "getting an attitude". Meanwhile they are the ones asking questions in such an interrogating manner it almost makes you want to give them the tude.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

welcome to my city.. .lol.. york PA cops suck *****... I acctually may of been behind you today. Do you have some college banner on the back of your box?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it just kinda sucks the only ones that bother me are york city, and if you know anything about the police around here the northern regionals are way worse then anyone and i only live 1/2 mile from the station and they follow me and talk to me about it before and they didnt seem to care, all my tickets are just from york city, but i did a little checking on this guy and i found out that i have worked on his personal truck before here at work, so let me tell you the next time he comes in im gonna rake him over the coals, , and he is york city d.o.t officer so why doesnt he know the laws before he runs his mouth, and he is only half right that my tailights arent legal, they arent exactly "factory" because i modified them to the point of no return and i dont plan on changing it, so they can just bite me, but he forgot to notice that i dont have reflectors or side markers ..............
Old 09-19-2007, 12:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The reason for the ride height issue is because your headlights have to be so many inches from the ground. Just get your **** straight, and take it to court. I never pay a ticket without taking it to court first, and it's almost always dropped or lessened.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ummmm the front wasnt the issue, i can fully air it out and still be legal in the front, its just on the rear bumperbecause it sits ofset from the front
Old 09-23-2007, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

great, you've got me worried now! I'm in york and have aftermarket tails. Technically, I guess they're not legal, they're from ScionFX and I don't think i've seen a DOT# on them or anything. I've had them on for almost a year and a half so I guess they don't get too much attention.

Sorry you get all of the crap here! Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 09-23-2007, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by ExpresScion
The reason for the ride height issue is because your headlights have to be so many inches from the ground. Just get your **** straight, and take it to court. I never pay a ticket without taking it to court first, and it's almost always dropped or lessened.
It has nothing to do with how low his headlights are...even if what you say is true, his lights are still atleast 8 inches higher than Ariel Atom headlights. Those lights aren't even to the top of the rim, and that's only got 15's.