Regional - Northeast: NYC Metro New York City Metropolitan Area

Brooklyn with a Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Brooklyn with a Car

I just got a job in downtown Brooklyn and will be moving to New York in a few weeks. We were looking into moving to Brooklyn (maybe Williamsburg, Greenpoint, Park Slope), but we are not sure what the parking situation will be like. Will keeping my car/parking be very difficult in these areas? I honestly would rather sell it then see it get scrapped up from squeezing into spots.

As comparison, I currently live in Baltimore and am very choosy about the spots I park in. I can often find a large parallel spot or a end head in spot, so I have very few parking dings (door dings and bumper scrapes on my care). Is that possible in Brooklyn anywhere? Unfortuantely, we would need to keep the at least one car between me and the girlfriend to visit the family in Jersey and Long Island.

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Parking situation is not going to be a very good experience in the many boros of NYC including Brooklyn/over crowded in many areas + many signs with no parking during certain times or alternate street parking. Be prepared to park blocks away from your home if ya can find a spot on the street. Good Luck
Old 07-07-2011, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in Brooklyn, matter of fact in the Williamsburg/Greenpoint area. As for parking in Park Slope forget it it's crazy that's almost anywhere downtown in BK.As for my area it really depends on where in that area you're planning on moving into. Do you already have a place that you're looking into? Cause I could let you know how the parking is there. As for what JIMXB said about the parking signs he's right about them.But once you get used to them you're good.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:03 PM

I live in Bushwick and park in front of my house everyday.. Williamsburg is super easy as well as Greenpoint.. but do look at the signs they are a bit confusing at first.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by srfman
I live in Bushwick and park in front of my house everyday.. Williamsburg is super easy as well as Greenpoint.. but do look at the signs they are a bit confusing at first.
I won't be surprised if we drove by each other a couple of times, cause I'm always in Bushwick. I have family and friends out their and I used to live on Himrod between Irving and Wyckhoff.