Regional - Northeast: NYC Metro New York City Metropolitan Area

Twisty Roads on LI or Queens

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Oh, I didn't mention where to find twisty roads, head on up to Glen Cove, Locust Valley, Lattingtown area. Lattingtown road is up there that starts in glen cove and goes into locust valley.

Lets just say that to do the speed limit there would be impressive. I must issue a warning though, if anybody is going to try to handle those corners, you better have your suspension TUNED. As a 17 year old driving my dads z3, I wrapped it around a tree (i got cocky). Those are some challenging roads to navigate...no cops and no cars...there are no cops b/c its damn near impossible to speed, but i'd like to see someone try!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 11:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spect2K3
I work at the Mill River country club which is right there, and thats the path I take to get to work (coming from glen cove). Quite honestly, those roads aren't that fun compared to what else is around, plus its A SPEED TRAP...I hope people read that before that go and have too much fun over there, you can even see the cops radar machine in the 1st video from Buster.

Anywhere around old brookville is NOT the place the speed - you tone it down there and do the speed limit b/c they will hit you with a ticket for nothing. This is 21 years of experience talking and EVERY member of my immediate family (5 of us) has gotten a ticket there and not 1 deservedly so.

(not that you were speedy buster, this is the other guys who think they can toy around over there)
Agreed, coming the other way, the speed limit machine thingy had me going 49mph. That was a 35mph zone, and I often see cops around there. I usually like to head further north when I really want to let loose, but the problem is I very easily get lost up there, so I usually just hang around Old Brookville and keep the speeds relatively low. Usually don't top 50mpg.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's short, but worth the trip, try Snake Hill Road in Cold Spring Harbor. It's the only road I know of that has banked curves.

P.S. Watch out for cyclists on Chicken Valley Road, one of them could be me.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Most of the roads on the North shore of Suffolk are a lot of fun, if you just jump off 25a they are a lot of nice, somewhat narrow but nice roads, with greats views of the sound. But watch out for those village police they are a pain. Old country road off 110 can be fun too sometimes.