Regional - Pacific Mid CA, NV

FR-s 30k Service - Adventure

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default FR-s 30k Service - Adventure

So just got back from Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose after completing my so called 30k service. It is sad that Toyota/Scion dealers and service people have no product knowledge on the FR-s. I called four dealers before I went in, Fremont Toyota took my name and number and never called me back for a quote. This is typical they have horrible/nonexistent Customer Service from my experience. Price quotes I got ranged from $150 to $550. For some reason the service advisor at Stevens Creek said my FR-s does not have a cabin air filter after consulting with her service tech. It turns out after a quick google search it does. I thought she was saving me a buck, I think she had it confused with an xB.

I have a few questions,

I don’t understand why dealers want me to change brake fluid on a two year old car with 30k miles when the fluid looks fine it does not have water/moisture build up. I don’t get why people would pay for this so soon. If anything I will do this when I change my pads in 5k or 10k miles.

The form I got said my back brakes are in the yellow and used more than my front brakes. Anyone have any idea why this would be, usually the front goes before the back, even one of the service advisors agreed they have not seen this before but said they don’t see many FR-s come yet. I think the techs maybe have no idea what they are doing and I have no confidence in them at this point. Sad to say.

I noticed the rubber garnish between the hood and front bumper is not flat like it was when I first got the car. Is this covered by the warranty, the dealership had no idea and the guy was like “we didn’t do that”, I know he didn’t do that but my car comes with a 36k bumper to bumper warranty or so I thought to cover stuff like that I have not been in any crashes knock on wood.

Anyway for the rest of my adventure…..

After waiting four and a half hours for my car, (so much for express lube) With two TV’s stuck on ESPN interviews and NBC Sports (no one was watching either TV and they would not give us the remote to change channels. One of the parents turned off the third kid TV because it was so lame. What is the point of having three TV’s if your customers are not watching them and you don’t let them use the TV’s. I guess they look cool.)

When I got my car I checked the sticker and it said my next oil change was at 19k miles, funny I did not know odometers work backwards since I have 30k miles on my car. I made the guy fix it but he wrote it with a regular pen (seriously could not get me a new sticker, I am sure it is like 0.50 cents).

On my way home driving northwest into the sun I needed to clean my windshield and found that even though they said they filled the windshield washer fluid, it is empty! So I just paid $170ish for a tech to check some boxes on a form and not really do what I paid for. No surprise but I at least wanted the services up to the 36k miles to be done by Toyota.
I feel I would have been better off at… dare I say it… Jiffy Lube.

Does anyone know of any Toyota/Subi dealers or shops that actually know the FR-s/BRZ. So far I will not be going back to Stevens Creek or Fremont Toyota at this point.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:57 PM

They barely do anything besides change the oil and your air filter at 30k ....why not just do it yourself and know it was done right