Regional - Pacific Mid CA, NV

To the NCS "Noobs"...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default To the NCS "Noobs"...

First and formost, this is a Nor*Cal memo, this doesn't concern you.

Second, this is not a thread to continue flaming. This is a shelter for OUR newbs.

And third, give these guys a public place to "voice" (type) their concerns. Above all else, Nor*Cal is a wealth of information, borne of trial and error. Give them an opinion VIA PM if they request one. If you're unsure, refer back to rule two.

NCS or Nor*Cal Scion, is brand spanking new, like our beloved cars. Keep this thought in mind as you read this.

NCS is new. So are CVS, NVS, DBS, Scion Society, BCS, TSW, Scion Evo, and any others I may have missed. Like babies, we are all learning to hold our heads up. We have yet to begin to crawl, regardless of what anyone else tells you.

Fact in hand, respectfully, would be Honda crews. How long have Honda tuners been around? And some, if not most of them, still can not get along. Baby steps folks, baby steps. Like much in life, we are learning by trial and error. Some trials are rewarded. Others, well, others we kinda tilt our heads to the side, scratch our scalps, and wonder, "What the frick were we thinking?!?".

As with all good stories, there was a beginning. Our, "Once upon a time"...

Once upon a time, we all got along.
Once upon a time, we all longed for the JDM projectors.
Once upon a time, we all swore that we would own the TRD SuperCharger. (Hah!)

My dearest Newcomers, mea culpa. You see, some of us have forgotten where we came from. What we were before our Scions. When days were warm, and the nights not long enough. When the Coronas flowed as freely as our ideas for our next mod. When we would come to ScionLife, and post that it was only three more days until we got our Scion.

In my humble opinion, there has been split. Yes, some folks have owned their Scions since 2003! Some folks right here in Nor*Cal have had a dealer tell them, "You know, you're the first person to buy one of these things from this dealership."

Yup, and because of this head start, some folks have that much more knowledge when it comes to our cars. Some share this knowledge freely. Some charge for their wisdom. Others, like me, are content to just be able to change a headlight. And as each new person joins, they find themselves attracted to one person more than another. Leaders have been borne of these cars. Leaders in knowledge. Leaders in R&D. Leaders in parts, and supplying us our "JDM" fix. (Did you know that Royal Purple makes a JDM blinker fluid? No actual horsepower to speak of, but because of the lowered electrical resistence, you gain 2.5flbs of Tq!)

With this natural attraction to like-mindedness, sides have been created. Or "clubs" if you wish to give it another name. Every club north of San Luis Obisbo pretty much falls under the NCS banner. Cause face it, you own a Scion and you live in Northern-ish California. With the forming of clubs, and attractions, and sides...you're also given to friction. This is what we have in Nor*Cal presently. Friction. We are just starting to cut our teeth. If you've never raised a kid through the teething process, trust me, the growth can be a source of pride, as well as frustration.

The above boils down to this. We are all still new. Remove the vehicle from the equation, and you'll see us as we truely are. A rent-a-cop, a real cop, an IT nerd, a journeyman, a welder, a family man, or family woman for that matter.

Place the car back into the equation, and you now have an avenue to meet new folks, celebrate different point of views, and a commuter that works in today's rising gas prices. I'm sorry, but I have yet to see an xB, tC, or xA relegated to strictly "Trailer Queen" status. for those few that I know, we use ours for daily commutes.

Go to Scion Nights if you chose. Remember this, always remember this, the folks in your car will be with you the entire event. Don't go expecting to be a part of a huge "NOR*CAL SCIONS" group. It just ain't gonna happen. Go with a group of people, close friends, family even, but enjoy their company. See folks in the park, say hello, enjoy their company. Heck, wear a name tag with your real name AND your screen name. See if folks don't come to you! We learn by trial and error. Some are rewarded, some are not. But I share this thought with you, taught to me by my murdered brother, "No one lives long enough to make all of Life's mistakes."

Go to Scion Nights, and enjoy yourself. Try a meet, and enjoy yourself. When you see new folks (I'm speaking to the ones who have been around the block) make them feel welcomed, like yall already do. Newcomers, strike up a conversation, and enjoy yourself. try the line, "Hi, I'm _____________, which one is yours?"

If you keep in mind that we are all new to this, you'll do just fine.

I promise.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Can I get a AMEN.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad

SL Member

Old 09-04-2005, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by EVILDAVE
Wow! I'll drink to that!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

amen to that....just wanted to let you know...go to gordon's site.....www.norcalscion.com........there a section where you can talk about anything concerns / help/ scion related / non scion / realtionships/ with out being locked or deleted...everyone is welcomed.......just a alternative......and a suggestion....
Old 09-04-2005, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dayam... I actually read the entire post... Kris, you must be bored... I guess I'm bored too since I read your entire post....

I hope to see you guys @ Scion Nights... I will be there with a Scion.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Kris,
I have to say you are a man of many words, a man of very meaningful words, and a man of many truthful words. I cannot express the joy I get from reading your post when you write like this. I lost count of how many times I thought to myself "He is so correct". Can I get an AMEN?
Old 09-04-2005, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AMEN!!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 07:14 AM

Thats the Kris that I have always known and always had a conversation with. Thank you for the great words Kris, I knew you would come out someday and show you are a deep person! :D :D :D :D

AMEN !!!

Old 09-04-2005, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

u da man~
Old 09-04-2005, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I've been getting questioned daily - "How many days left 'til Marine World? 10? No, 12 but yesterday you said it would be 10, no I said 13... I guess I need to set up a calendar cuz the counting backwards thing is throwing her off.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
Team N.V.S.

Kris, this is one post in which I won't tease you buddy. Very well written and very true. Good read-thanks for taking the time to write that.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My dearest Newcomers, mea culpa. You see, some of us have forgotten where we came from. What we were before our Scions. When days were warm, and the nights not long enough. When the Coronas flowed as freely as our ideas for our next mod. When we would come to ScionLife, and post that it was only three more days until we got our Scion.
I know it wasnt a corona i had at ur going away. It was a pint of something and a couple shots..hahah

Leaders have been borne of these cars. Leaders in knowledge. Leaders in R&D.
I'm a leader of R&D. Leader of Research and Destruction..but i got a 2k old motor in my 2004
Every club north of San Luis Obisbo pretty much falls under the NCS banner. Cause face it, you own a Scion and you live in Northern-ish California.
I'm Nor*Cal every thanksgiving break, christmas break, springs break, and summer..whooo

Won't see my friends at scion nights..i'll be at school. But if any of you all wanna meet up this week before saturday(when i leave for school) i'm down. I "might" drive the xB, depends if my sis will let me. OR...i'll drive my newest toy!
Old 09-06-2005, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

uh..SO CAL'er here, ...jus passin through and wanted to say...... F**K YEAH!!

Very well said.......
Old 09-06-2005, 04:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

huh...

Old 09-06-2005, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDrivenGirl
Kris, this is one post in which I won't tease you buddy. Very well written and very true. Good read-thanks for taking the time to write that cutie pie!
Old 09-06-2005, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

good words; great way to spread the positive; no use in perpetuating negativity
Old 09-07-2005, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right on for all the positive responses! I hope this helps atleast one new member join the proud ranks of the unbiased Nor*Cal Scions. Be proud of your car. Be proud of your mods. Be humble with the praises, and grateful for the blessings. But most of all, remember who you are without this wonderful, gas-saving vehicle. Remain true to yourself, and folks will be true to you.

(You won't see me at Scion Nights. Have fun everyone, and good luck to everyone showing! Mahloz and Alohas!)

~Local Boy
Old 09-07-2005, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Kris.... thought ur going, but anywho..... g'luck on wutever ur doing
(man.... wish u can be here to crack some jokes on my car jus like u did the other day)
Old 09-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Hey Kris, I didn't know there was still a real cop in NCS!?!

I hear he's a real @$$hole! Well, according to some.

Too bad he doesn't roll w/ them anymore.

Quick Reply: To the NCS "Noobs"...