Regional - Pacific Mid CA, NV

Scion Night 4-- So who went?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion Night 4-- So who went?

So who went to Scion Night 4 at six flags? I did, and it was my first one.

I came form San Jose, and wow, the drive on 680 to 780 at 3pm is the WORSE!

All in all, there were some pretty sick rides. My favorite was the 2nd gen xB right in front of the DJ's stage. The chop-top xA was pretty wild too.

There were a lot of fights while I was there. Lots of people getting hyphy and all that. I love the roller coasters there, but I think I would of had a better time walking the parking lot and checking out the cars though.

What'd you gets think of it? Better than past years?

PS: some people have rude @ss manners while trying to getting out of the parking lot.
POST SOME PICTURES IF YOU HAVE ANY!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I"m sorry to say I'm a bit disappointment. This year is probably the worst SN of the 4. But I can't complain too much since a lot of money was dished out for these events.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:42 AM
SL Member

Well i went to my first one. Thought it was okay. Would have liked to have seen more Scions like was mentioned. Maybe someone needs to suggest possibly having more cars being shown. Also i think having that rap station there is a bad idea. The people those stations bring in are the reason for the fights and the rude manners. When i was leaving i had some punk try to race me. I just slowed down and let the idiot go flying by. Shined my brights on him and then slowed enough so that he wouldn't see where i was going. F***ing idots. i swear.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as mentioned above, the whole hyphy ____ was pretty wack. ppl were driving their cars like ____ing retards. ppl were getting all "hyphy" over nothing and ppl were disrespecting the cars that were being shown. i think corp needs to do a better job w/ crowd control. and i think i should have gotten in to show.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This was my first one. I went with someone who is recovering from a motorcycle injury which meant we could not go on any rides. I agree that they shouldn't of had that radio station there because it brought out a different crowd than I was expecting.

I was expecting more cars and some freebies. I didn't even see any scion night shirts for sale or giveaway.....I got there a little later so maybe I missed it.

The cars there were really nice. I think that they should have had more lights on in the walkways.

Also, I think I got ripped off on the parking fee. I was thinking about it and those parking fee attendants could probably charge as much as they want and pocket the difference because they did not post how much parking was.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

as mentioned above, the whole hyphy poop was pretty wack. ppl were driving their cars like flippin' retards. ppl were getting all "hyphy" over nothing and ppl were disrespecting the cars that were being shown. i think corp needs to do a better job w/ crowd control. and i think i should have gotten in to show.
Speaking of crowd control, I saw some kid walk up an xb with lambo doors and just continually yank on it. The parents were watching him and did not stop him until after I walked over by them.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Scikotics

i was pretty disappointed
i didn't go to the years before but i've heard better things
i wish there were more cars shown inside the park

parking was suppose to be $5 for a scion
Old 09-15-2007, 08:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Fanatix
This was my first one. I went with someone who is recovering from a motorcycle injury which meant we could not go on any rides. I agree that they shouldn't of had that radio station there because it brought out a different crowd than I was expecting.

I was expecting more cars and some freebies. I didn't even see any scion night shirts for sale or giveaway.....I got there a little later so maybe I missed it.

The cars there were really nice. I think that they should have had more lights on in the walkways.

Also, I think I got ripped off on the parking fee. I was thinking about it and those parking fee attendants could probably charge as much as they want and pocket the difference because they did not post how much parking was.
They actually did show the sign for how much parking for cars cost. $5 for Scions and $20 for other vehicles. It was leaning against the cones. I think it was pointless anyways because the attendant asked "what kind of car is that?" Someone probably could've driven a van and said it was a Scion and she wouldn't know.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, I don't feel bad anymore....I didn't go in a scion so the parking attendant charged us the right amount.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This year was alright.
Though I liked last year better.

Traffic is a _____ though from San Jose at 2-3pm. Wack!?
Anyone see me in my Envy xB on the way on 680!?
Old 09-15-2007, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

past shows have been better.....
nothing against hip hop but way too much of it .....especially with 2 dj stages right next too each other.....scion is about culture, right, bring in some dance music, some
rock....a mixture, that doesnt bring a croud that fights all day, cusses in the mic when my 8 year old son is watching......

sic cars, would have love to see more

very dissapointed......
Old 09-15-2007, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wahoo i am glad i didn't go now. thank you everyone who said they were disappointed

got home from work and knocked out until 7pm
Old 09-15-2007, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow... after reading all this, I'm having second thoughts about bringing our 1yr old son there next year. We didn't even consider it this year. I've been the the first two Scion Nights & it appears that it's gone way down hill
Old 09-15-2007, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i thought it was ok, but i think that security needs to be higher if the scion community if going to keep coming out. there was alot of theft and till about 9 they didnt really do much, thats when all the security told people to stand by their cars and all.

The whole hyphy thing was planned by the previous guy in charge so you really cant blame anyone on this staff, so i mean hopefully next year the music is changed because the crowd that comes out sometimes doesnt appreciate the scions but more of the rappers performing.

also, that exit sucks, so many people no one directing traffic and as 05fmtc said, people thoguht they were awesome by ghostriding the whip, blasting music and looking stupid and well other stuff that was dangerous to the peopel around them.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:00 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by theSciontologist
The whole hyphy thing was planned by the previous guy in charge so you really cant blame anyone on this staff, so i mean hopefully next year the music is changed because the crowd that comes out sometimes doesnt appreciate the scions but more of the rappers performing.

also, that exit sucks, so many people no one directing traffic and as 05fmtc said, people thoguht they were awesome by ghostriding the whip, blasting music and looking stupid and well other stuff that was dangerous to the peopel around them.
i had fun but never really experienced everything said. i watched the music most of the time. Said what's up to some of the SoCal peeps (WaterDragon and OMC) and said what's up to bB-squad Squirrel. Squall gave a warm welcome at the door and would love to give him a shoutout and a big thanks for what he did.

the Hyphy thing was pretty cool but everyone is right. it brought the wrong crowd. people were getting stupid and dumb (not in a hyphy manner). i'm into hip-hop and i love the music but seriously, wasn't this thing supposed to be closed to the public?

the exit to me was alright. some people cut from the rear of the tramline to go to the front of the line and i was immediately ticked. security was really bad. people were being really obnoxious. the exit however was ok because i had left about 2 hours early.

how about we send an email to the staff for suggestions? first thing we oughtta suggest is a CLOSED to the public type event. if scion can pay for our tickets, might as well pay for the park to be closed.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by theSciontologist
i thought it was ok, but i think that security needs to be higher if the scion community if going to keep coming out. there was alot of theft and till about 9 they didnt really do much, thats when all the security told people to stand by their cars and all.

+++1 and I saw 2 black people has arrested..
Old 09-15-2007, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member

I thought they put the cars in a good spot, but they should have allowed more cars, and keep the hyphy concert in oakland. I think security failed not so much in crowd control, but at the front gate. I know half the ppl there don't own scions nor care too much about the culture. Nice job having KMEL run promo for it. Seems they were giving tickets out like ketchup at McDonald's. If I wanted to go to a hyphy concert full of drunk and high teenagers I would have gone to summer jam or something. I ain't hating on Rap or Hip Hop, I make a nice living off of it, but debris is right, they should of had a mixture of everything and with moderation. Last year I can honestly say was a true Scion "Family" Event. They had a nice bubble gum act that everyone enjoyed. I'm a bit ____ed cause I know the ppl toyota hired to run the promotion and marketing for these events and I just would hate to find out who's call it was to use KMEL as the primary media outlet. it was like putting an Krispy Kreme next to a Jenny Craig. But I would like to thank the Crews who did attend in always high style. forgive me if I don't name them all. Scikotics, Scion Evolution, bBist.com, Team XtC for So-Cal, Scinergy. I also met SquallLHeart, cool dude. And I saw EvilDave's xB, I'm telling you each time I see it, it's got more and more wicked stuff added in. well in the end. Thanks to all the clubs & ScionLifer's that showed up and supported the culture. Also thanks toyota for the free night but no thanks for the hyphy concert. I beg you not to drop the ball again next year, if there is a next year scion night.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was ok, didn't stay long as there wasn't a lot of cars to look at. Not any that stand out anyways, especially any of the TCs that were displayed. I was disappointed, thought i'd see more modified TC's out there.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

scion gives 2 tickets if you test drive a car so it is probably some promo to get people into scions. atleast other car parkings are getting higher up it might drive away people who dont drive a scion. scions been at $5 since the last 2 time i went but parking for other cars been going up

last year i already said something about the concert getting alot of non scion people and they were there just for the concert not the scion car show. when i found out who was performing this year i decided it wouldnt be a big lost if i didnt go.

how were the rides? was everything open
Old 09-15-2007, 06:15 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

As for me, THAT SUCKED!!! OMG very dissapointed. And i heard scion didnt really sponsor this event. as in they didnt put much effort in giveaways and whatnot. Not even that many scions on display, only one nice tc i saw was Eujin. Fights breaking out and to think, that this event was closed strictly to scions. BS!!! stupid SN 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Scion Night 4-- So who went?