Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Custom painters in Portland area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Custom painters in Portland area?

I'm looking into getting an image painted onto the C pillar of my new 2008 xB. I've got base artwork to work from, but due to copyright issues, can't really have it transferred directly.

Any recommendations for custom painters in the Portland area? I'd go to Seattle if I have to, but would prefer to keep it local.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

try to get in touch w/ I believe his name is Tim (honey_0_bucket ?), he is in the PDX area, and does cutom work, check out his profile!
Old 05-23-2007, 11:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you talking an image that can be painted or are you talking airbrushing?

Nick (honey-o-bucket) does paint, not sure about graphics/mural type stuff. But most painters will have names of folks who do that type of stuff. I believe the whole copy-right stuff only applies if you plan on reproducing it and selling (making money). If you are planning a "one-off" you shouldn't have a problem with a direct copy.

Here is the persons name down in Eugene who does my design work. She does not do airbrush or paint, but does do copies with suble changes if you are in fear of the copy right thing. http://www.geocities.com/tinabelmont/
Old 05-23-2007, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by singleshot
Are you talking an image that can be painted or are you talking airbrushing?

Nick (honey-o-bucket) does paint, not sure about graphics/mural type stuff. But most painters will have names of folks who do that type of stuff. I believe the whole copy-right stuff only applies if you plan on reproducing it and selling (making money). If you are planning a "one-off" you shouldn't have a problem with a direct copy.

Here is the persons name down in Eugene who does my design work. She does not do airbrush or paint, but does do copies with suble changes if you are in fear of the copy right thing. http://www.geocities.com/tinabelmont/
I guess what I'm looking for is an airbrush job. The image I want would not be larger than 1 square foot on the driver's side C panel. I hesitated to look specifically for an airbrush artist as I didn't want to unnecessarily restrict myself to that. I know I don't want a sticker, but don't know if there are any options beyond airbrushing.

I really don't want a direct copy, either, as there are a couple minor changes I would like to the image.

Thanks for any referrals - I'm treading in new territory for me.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is what singleshot had done for his rear side windows on his xB, its a vinyl but looks very good,
Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, that certainly doesn't look like a sticker. I may have to track down Tina Belmont. Thanks!

Singleshot, if I may ask, how much did that run you? You can PM me if you wish.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do not remember what I paid for the rat. The iron cross I'm running now was just over a $100.00 and it is 11"X11", that price did not include the vinyl/print costs which was about 90.00 or so. One thing you should note about vinyl. A lot of the shops have gone to the new stuff/ink/printing software. So when they print now, it's a direct copy of what you see on your computer screen. They also do what is called "die cut" which cuts the vinyl as close to the contours of your design as possible (if that's what you want).

I prefer the vinyl because I can change it when ever I feel like it. Kind of like a temporary tattoo instead of the real deal. Non-committed so to speak. Plus when you are ready to sell your ride some day down the road, you can simply yank it off (which is a lie, that stuff is a PIA to get off.

I'll pm ya her number
Old 05-24-2007, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if your lookin into vinyl the guys over at miracle sign in forest grove do some awsome stuff and have one of those printers singleshots talkin about.