Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 03:58 AM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Hello PNW!!

So, geeze...there are so many people here now that I don't know. Well...for those that don't know who I am...My name is Brian. I was one of the very first Scion owners in the PNW, and (although we can't really verify it) also the very first xA in Washington. Anyway, enough of that.

Those that do remember me (and well...those that don't as well), I have some exciting news. I am now engaged! :D

Last Sunday I asked my girlfriend to marry me. And after she stopped crying, she said yes. hehe. We haven't really set a date yet, but it'll probably be in about a year. We're doing the fun stuff of starting to plan. Good thing we have a year or so. There is a lot to do.

So...anyway. I'm sorry that I don't really drop in here anymore. I hope things are going well for everyone. I just wanted to say hi and let everyone know the good news.

Later,

Brian.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:02 AM
SL Member

Awesome! Congratulations!

I and others still hang around a bit, but it'd definitely a new group of people, and a bit quieter lately.

Best of Luck with your new and great challenge of marriage!

-Timothy
Old 09-13-2007, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Congrats Brian. Wish you all the best. You need to drop in more often. As you know a lot of good stuff here and great ppl.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Congratulations Brian, Not sure if your the same Brian from Annie's Pizza Run.

By the way I am a Bridal Consultant @ Macy's if you want any planning help let me know. I have loads of great leads for you.

Cindy
Old 09-13-2007, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

YAY BRIAN!!!! And you need to get your bum on here more often, us oldies miss you.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Congrats Brian....
its way easier if you let her do the planning.. just find out where your supposed to show up and what she wants you to wear!! lol

i'm just about 1.5 months away from gettin married...... the planning process is not that much fun.. but then again we're doin it in about 6mo from asking to saying 'i do' so... hopefully a year will help spread it out and make it easier
Old 09-13-2007, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Brian,

been a while man.. congrats on your engagement.. i see you have an s2000 now, thumbs up!! haha, so whatever happened to the xA.. and share some pics of the s2k cause i know it isn't stock =P
Old 09-13-2007, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

CONGRATS BRIAN!!! It's good to hear from you!!!
How's the s2k,... any tickets? When will I finally get my ride? ;p
Old 09-13-2007, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Congrats Brian! Many of us still know who you are! Lets see, hmmm, get married and then trade in the s2k for a new XB!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Congratulations Brian!

I hope those were tears of joy, lol.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:53 PM

congrats my old Scion Friend, can I say that it is about time. Jez. Well good luck on the wedding planning and we look forward to hearing more from you I hope. It has been to long my friend

Old 09-13-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats Brian, been a while, thought you dropped off the face of the earth, lol. Being married is great, I've done it three times now, lol.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

congrats brian! best of luck.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Congrats Brian
Old 09-13-2007, 08:40 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, for the most part she is doing the planning. I haven't done much so far, but she is really excited and off and running with the planning. See, to me...we have about 12 months before the ceremony. Lots of time! Apparently, I am wrong. =)

It actually is pretty busy. But I think we have enough time to be able to make some good decisions.

I've already been shot down on what I want to wear. I thought that it would be cool to be able to get some custom shoes for me and the groomsmen. I guess it's not as cool as I thought. Although...she was thinking that I was talking about some crazy color scheme. I just wanted to be comfortable. hehe.

For those that asked...the s2k is great. I've had it a little over a year now. Although, I don't drive it as much as I would like. I think I put about 6000 miles on it last year. We carpool to work, and usually take her car. It's still stock though. I just can't decide on what I want to do with it. I'd really like to do FI, but then passing emissions is going to be an issue...since you have to run a stand alone EMS...which eliminates the OBDII. There are some people up here though that have FI, so I'll just have to talk to them. And going any further than that is A) outrageously expensive and B) well...super duper outrageously expensive. haha.

As for the xA. I have absolutely no idea where it is. I'm almost certain it sold at auction. It sat down at the dealership for about 4 or 5 months, and then disappeared. I think I still have the VIN number somewhere. Maybe I'll run a carfax or something and see where it wound up.

So anyway. Thanks again. =)
Old 09-13-2007, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by BCS
Thanks everyone!

Yeah, for the most part she is doing the planning. I haven't done much so far, but she is really excited and off and running with the planning. See, to me...we have about 12 months before the ceremony. Lots of time! Apparently, I am wrong. =)

haha... thats what i thought to and i only had just over 6months.... heck.. still think the remaining month or so i have is more than enough time to get things done...
Old 09-14-2007, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Congrats Brian... I'm happy to hear about your engagement

Good to hear from you too
Old 09-14-2007, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Brian..........

Words of wisdom here.........the wedding is but one small day in life...........do not place every single effort and dollar into that day............save a little for the rest of the 50 + years .......on the good side .......that you will need to have fun also........married 10 years and our wedding cost $13.............so remember enjoy the marriage and be a team.......she is an important part of who you will be in life..........and as a man........we are gonna screw it up almost daily.......so keep your mouth shut and use you rbrain before speaking.........wish I did for most things..........kinda like now....... Brian
Old 09-14-2007, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

congrates brian and good luck
Old 09-14-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

BRIAN....SUPER CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do tell us about the proposal. Has she thought about registering anywhere yet?

I agree with Brian (BZinn1) on not breaking the bank for the event but I had no "real" wedding and believe me...I will always regret not spending the money for one and you can feel free to ask Mo how its the only resentment I have towards him and it still comes up even years later.

Mo & I always wondered where your xA had gone. We figured it probably went to auction and was taken out of the area because we haven't seen it around.

We miss you bunches. I know that the weather is turning and you're probalby not going to be taking the s2k out much but we'd love to see you at a meet & greet or event. Or even just setting up a congrats dinner for you and your fiance. Let me know if I can set something up for you guys!!!

CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

Quick Reply: Hello PNW!!