BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hehe.

Thanks!

So...the proposal.

First, we have to go back in time a little. We've talked about it for the last couple of months. So it's not really a surprise that I am going to ask her. It's more of when. So we've been looking online at ring designs and stuff like that. Trying to get an idea of what she likes, etc. So the week before labor day, she goes down to Vegas for some fashion thing (it's basically the SEMA for fashion).

I used this as my opportunity to go look at some in person. Since everything that I had looked at prior to that had been online, I really had no idea about what to look for. I actually hadn't intended on buying one that day, just looking. Well, as it happened I had found the perfect one. It was one of those that I could have settled for something a little smaller, but then I would have regretted it.

So I bought it. Single Princess Cut solitaire. Platinum band. .71 carat. VVS2, in F color. Almost a perfect square. This thing is like a mini disco ball on her hand. It is so sparkly. A week and a half later, it is ready to be picked up.

So now I have the ring. Next is to try to figure out when. We are going to Cancun in a month...so I was thinking maybe then. But then I kept thinking that I wanted it to be a surprise, so I didn't know what I was going to do. We were talking about going to dinner the next week (tonight actually) and I thought maybe I'd do it then. But again, I didn't want to have it at a place where she might be thinking...Ohhh...is he going to ask here? I didn't want it to be too predictable.

Jump ahead.

It's Saturday and I have to drop her off. I figured that since the ring is done, I'll stop by and go look at it. Man, it's so nice. I hadn't intended on taking it with me, because then I have to try to hide it in the house somewhere where she wont find it. That is hard. But I took it anyway.

So now its Sunday. We were sitting at home looking on the internet. The night before we were at a friends house talking to one guy about when he's going to get married. The rest of the friends don't really support it and are trying to help him realize that. haha. He was talking about a Tiffany ring that she really wants, and how it's going to cost something like $20,000. We all told him he's crazy.

Anyway. That's a whole different story.

So we're at home watching TV. She says...I want to see what this ring is like. So we're looking at the Tiffany website. (I must say...this ring she wants...my god! It's just...ugh...I don't know. It's not very flattering). Anyway. We start talking about marriage again. I think I had asked her...”how would you like to be proposed to?” Now, at this time, I had no intention of asking her. But as we continued to talk I start to think...hmmm...I suppose I could do it tonight.

So I tell her I love her. She isn't paying too much attention, because she is engrossed in this gaudy ring on the computer. So I go check my other computer and then I sneak downstairs. I guess she didn't even see me leave. So I go downstairs to where I hid the ring. Again, I wasn't for sure that I was going to ask her. I thought that I would just look at it and see how it went. So I was looking at it and thought...yea...I'm gonna ask her.

I go back upstairs trying to hide the box. The shorts I'm wearing don't have any pockets. I open the door and she's still looking at this ring (or maybe something else, not really sure). As I walk over to the bed, I just kneel down beside her. She's saying something about whatever she's looking at, but I really have no idea what it was. I look at her and tell her that I love her.

Now, for the last month or so, I’ll playfully ask her if she'll really marry me. And the response it usually a playful "sure" or "of course". So I look at her and say "So you really want to marry me?" And she says "Sure!" And we kiss and smile. And I say, "Okay, Will you marry me?" And she says "Of Course!" Well...I hadn't shown her the ring yet, so she still thought that I was playing around. I said "Okay." And I show her the ring. Her jaw dropped and she looked at me and said "Seriously??" I laughed and said, "yes, seriously". And she started to cry. And we hugged and kissed. And I put the ring on her finger. Perfect fit!

The best part about all of this. Not once during the whole process...looking onilne, going in person, buying the ring, going downstairs, asking her...not ONCE was I nervous. The only time my hands were shaking was after she said yes and I was putting the ring on her. And that was because I was excited. That's how I know its right.

So there we go. That is how it happened.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Perfect.............

Now if you want funny...........

Cindy and i were at the Pawn Exchange and there was a this 1/2 carat solitare for $45 or some low ungoddly price.......the clerk assured us it was real but it was old and needed repairs to the band.........well i try to get Cindy out the door with excuse after excuse..........so i can buy the ring........well I finally get her out to the car and she goes look at what I bought.............of course the ring.........turns out it was a Ben Bridge diamond worth $800........so with my $13 weedding and the ring bought by my own wife I can say I really pretty much screwed up about all of it..........10 years later she calls me and tells me to not say anything and keep my mouth shut........she bought a big fancy $3000 3 stone ring for like $400 and if I don't like it too bad........amazing she still lets me in the house at night huh..........guess it is my good cooking.........
Old 09-15-2007, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Brian (BCS)...that was beautiful!!! I loved the details! She must really be perfect. We have got to meet her.!!!

Brian (BZinn1)...your story is a riot!!! Mo & I got engaged over ice cream at Mix Ice Cream (long story but we got engaged before we technically "dated"). Almost a year later we were still hemming and hawing about when/where/what for a wedding. Needless to say his family wasn't on board so we did it the Justice of the Peace way.

We went down to the Kent Municiple Court at 8 am and got married by a judge there with his brother and my sister as our witnesses. We went to have breakfast at Denny's afterwards and then Mo & I went to work. How sad is that?

Well I didn't have an engagement ring or wedding ring so I finally put my foot down (and emotional tears) a while afterwards and I was able to get a loose Canadian diamond. Finally Mo went for Christmas and custom designed a ring for my diamond to sit in. I love it!!! And since I never got the wedding ceremony, I put all that money into my ring which costs more than my Scion.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:37 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hehe. Yea, we'll try to make it out sometime.

In the mean time, here are some pictures we took.

http://bcsscion.smugmug.com/gallery/3308814#183981228

Her brother got some new lenses that he wanted to try out, and she wanted some pictures of us. So we went up to the Botanical Gardens up in Bellevue.

The funny thing is, these were taken about a month ago. And everyone thought that they were engagement pictures. I guess now we can tell people that they are. =)
Old 09-24-2007, 05:47 AM

WHOLLLY CRAP BRIAN!! (Steve here, formerly nwscionman) congratufrigginlations!! I drop in on occasion these days and I apparently missed this thread.. welcome to the dark side...
Old 09-25-2007, 01:46 AM

Alos, I see your car on occasion.. It is here in South Tacoma and dude ran it into a curb or something as the air dam is jacked
Old 09-25-2007, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats Buddy!!!