Notices
Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Import Motion Seattle Aftermath (pictures, results, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member

Way to go guys. Nice pics too! ( i haven't been on here in so long... it feels good being back)
Old 03-06-2006, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I made it home that night, as I'm just as bad off today as I was Yesterday and didn't want to get stranded in Seattle... I sucked it up and made it home, with the wife tailing... Got home at like 1:30.... The last hour of driving was one of the worst hours... no way I was going to fall asleep... hurt sooooo horribly bad....

I'm a trooper though... Was worth the pain... and the nice sleep is the back on a lil' xB... I won't soon forget that!
Old 03-06-2006, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well done guys...sorry i couldn't stay the whole time...and im lovin the group picture.

the asian chick..with the shocker...im not sure weather to be turned on or disgusted....im leaning towards the disgusted part. ewww...im looking forward to the next show, i'll deffinetly be showing, hopefully i'll have my interior lights and my system it it! props to the team award, most deffinlety the best out there.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Looks like I miss out on some fun. Its dissapointing not being in the group picture.
OK when is the next one, maybe i can be ready. Congradulations to everyone
who made the show and represented.

P.S. I do not see anything wrong with the model.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The drive up to Seattle:

Group shot before trophy announcements(what's KalEl up to? )

Here's how Tim prepares for his win:
wife cleaning

while

Show pics:

I found Kelly hanging out downtown Seattle the next day :

I'll try to get more up, but give me few days. I'm just learning digital photography and editing. I'm having fun though, so it's something I definitely want to get better at.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:20 AM
MA
5 Year Member

Hello all, my name is Matt (tall guy that had the green sweatshirt) and here are a few of the photos I got.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great pics everyone!!
Old 03-06-2006, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tu, if you can keep getting all those females to come pose on all our cars...your damn good at digital photography in my book . but seriously the pix look good. keep up the good work!
Old 03-06-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

So is it just me or does anyone else agree that it wasn't fair that "scooter" won so myny trophies? I mean, if I was backed by a company & they were spendin thousands of dollars on my xb, then sure as ____e it would be super pimp, but average joes like us don't have those resources.

So in my opinion, I don't think @ these kind of shows people who are backed my a company like that shouldn't win. His cars (I should say, "Car Nuts" cars) should have only been there for show & informational purposes, not entitled for competition.

That's just my 2 cents, anyone else agree or disagree?
Old 03-06-2006, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

GREAT PICS!! Thanks, looking forward to more.

Great Job!!! To all that showed and supported!!! Can't wait for our next show together.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ratcityrain
So is it just me or does anyone else agree that it wasn't fair that "scooter" won so myny trophies? I mean, if I was backed by a company & they were spendin thousands of dollars on my xb, then sure as ____e it would be super pimp, but average joes like us don't have those resources.

So in my opinion, I don't think @ these kind of shows people who are backed my a company like that shouldn't win. His cars (I should say, "Car Nuts" cars) should have only been there for show & informational purposes, not entitled for competition.

We delt with that in the lowriding/mini truck world too.
Fully corporate sponsor cars did not get to show. But the cars that had all the parts sponsored did.
But that was also when there was no such thing as a bolt on and stickers for graphics.
Do some real mods and maybe you will get noticed over the bolt on crowd.

If you want to play you gotta pay.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Scooter Bingham has a horrible rep for this... check out this from VWVortex as well... He's done this at other shows as well...

Originally Posted by A Guy On VW Vortex
Compared to Car Nutz. Evolution Sports has 1000% more class.
Car Nutz owner Scooter Bingham entered his PERSONAL cars ( a couple were not his, but the ones that won were) into HIN competetion on saturday night. Real nice for him to compete against people that buy products from his company. oh ya and he did take home at least 10-15 awards

If you wanna play, you gotta pay??? How much? 100,000, 200,000, 300,000 dollars?

I don't know ANYONE with 4 million dollars worth of cars... essentially placing him in and unmatchable advantage over ANYONE...

And it's not even remotely fair/ethical to allow someone with that amount of vehicles to enter them in the same competition as people outside that class.

I'm not expecting to get best of show, or best of a category, but to those guys who really had incredible Hondas, or other imports, getting beat out by a fricken Astin Martin Supercar????

Supercars are not "Imports".... They are "Supercars".... Put them up against Maybachs and Veyrons and Maybe you'll have a show....

Not even a fully sponsored Company backed Honda,Toyota,Whatever car can't compete with a Astin Martin 1 of a 100 or a lambo one of 12....

That was the tragedy of the show...

It was still a good time... but someone should be put in an institution for allowing the entering of 300,000 dollar plus in the same competition of cars probably averageing 20-30 thousand all together.

If I was scooter, I would have talked to the judges and told them my cars shouldn't be considered for any awards, and allowed the people who put hard work, time and effort into their cars to win...

Not only a bad move on the organisors part, but bad move on his as well...
Old 03-06-2006, 04:58 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The cars that won are his actual cars.

The Gallardo, the CLS 55AMG, the Lotus 340R, the magnum, the cobra, the denali, and the rover (his wifes)...those are all his personal cars. He also has a few other cars that weren't there, including a '36 Ford hot rod coupe. The black Aston Martin and the Bentley are his brother's cars (who was racing this weekend). The other cars are all customer cars, and I don't believe any of those ones won an award.

While I do agree with you that "corporate-backed" cars should not be allowed to compete in car shows like this, his cars aren't technically corporate backed. But in all honesty, his winning has little to no affect on the Scion class. It was close on the quantity, and I am glad that you guys won that one.

Just wait for a few months when he shows up in his new Bugatti Veyron 16.4.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
Isn't scooter associated with "Safeco Insurance"?

Being in "Safeco Field Expo Center"????
No, he is part of Car nuts and that's it that I know of. Also the expo center that we were in was the seahawk one or i guess now the Qwest one. Safeco is only the baseball stadium

Great explanation there. I totally agree, but you know that Scooter dude ain't coming forward & say I don't deserve these.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ This kind of stuff is gonna kill the car show scene.... If people who enter 1 Million Dollar plus cars into competitions... people will get turned off to the whole deal... There are competitions for "Those Cars" and should be competitions for "Regular Cars"... If he wants to go up against the best of the best, good for him...

But if he wants to take Million dollar cars and enter them in comptetions against 30,000 dollar cars... essentially eliminating any chance of people with beautifully modified and clean rides from winning against him...

I'll never be one of those rides, but sure feel for them....

It's called "Class" and some people just don't have it. and I'm sure glad they can't BUY it.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:10 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
Supercars are not "Imports".... They are "Supercars".... Put them up against Maybachs and Veyrons and Maybe you'll have a show....

As long as shows have an exotic class, you will get people entering in these cars. And it all waterfalls down from there. His Gallardo, while I agree with you in it being a supercar, also had the interior completly re-done...including the dash, carpet, seats, headliner...even the floormats. Since the car is there for the exotic class, it's now also going to be in contention for best interior. It sucks for people that might have new seats and some other interior work, but what are the judges suppose to do. The car is entered, they can't just say..oh you have the best work, but you already won something else. Then that compromises the whole judging process. And don't forget the 2 or 4 door class. While they are supercars and they may be stock, most of them are still in the mild class. The Aston Martin got 2nd in the 2 door mild class.

Like I said, as long as there is an exotic class (or somethign similar) people with these supercars are going to keep winning the other classes as well. That's just the way it is.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Scion Evolution

edit:
in regards to the picture of me, making balloon animals on page 1 of this thread.....

I was trying to make gas money to get home.......

in regards to the car show....
We as community came together and took a trophy for quantity. Nobody expecteda "Scion Car Club" to do that.... we did. With time and effort, we will take more.

Congrats to everyone and Thanks.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

So does he work for car nuts then? Sounded like all the cars that he won w/ were car nuts cars & weren't his own personal cars. I mean we can debate this all day everyday & each one of us would have a good point. there isnt' anything we can do about it now but it does somewhat discourage a little when someone that has 2 million dollar inventory of cars can win all that & again to me it doesn't sound like he's putting in his own money, sweat & tears into his cars like all the other guys & girls that were there showing
Old 03-06-2006, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I guess I don't mind that he brought all those great cars and won some trophies as long as he played by the rules etc. What really bothers me is the feeling that I don't understand what the rules of the game are. In every other "Sport" or activity I have participated in when you sign up you get something (usually in writing) that tells you what goal of the game is and what things are allowed or not allowed to try and meet that goal. My experience with car shows so far has been a total mystery what is really going on in terms of judging the cars. As far as I know the show promoter just gives the trophies to whomever they like.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

BUT, he has the ability, and should exercise the "class" to back out and allow others the spotlight, especially in these smaller shows....

at HIN or SEMA, or the huge "BALLER" shows, he can be amoung his peers, and those with similiar budgets...

It solely the idea that he as an individual "SHOULD" exercise the CHOICE to back out of the competition aspect and solely SHOW his cars... That's a Classy move... and by not doing so... showed us all something. and has done so before.

I'm surprised any of his friends haven't told him the same... or asked him.... "Don't you think it's pretty cheasy to enter your cars in the same shows against the others, I know you CAN, but do you really need the wins?"

I'd be curious to see what he would say....

Quick Reply: Import Motion Seattle Aftermath (pictures, results, etc.)