ID, OR, WA

Non car related rant I need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:20 PM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

Default Non car related rant I need help

OMG so Mikes employer screws him over time and time again....they make him promises and don't follow through...now the latest is that they have scheduled him for graveyard shifts THIS week!...I am due to have the baby THIS week...I can't be alone overnight and they want him to make me understand....MAKE ME UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO JERK FACES I AM ABOUT TO HAVE A BABY!!! So Mike threw a fit and the scheduling manager came in to talk to Mike and documented every word he said and told him they wanted to fire him because he refuses to work graveyard.....he has worked for this jacked up place for 2 years bent over backwards for them...worked 10 days in a row no sleep because they are dumb....came in for a shift after just getting off 4 hours prior to the next shift...stayed late...looked the other way when they screwed him on his pay...never complained when they promised him a promotion then hired someone outside the company...they are fully aware that I am due to pop anyday now and they do this to him.....what am I supposed to do with 2 other kids and I go into labor in the middle of the night and he is in downtown seattle? Give birth in my bedroom? Have my 10 year old do the delivery? I won't be able to drive to the hospital....my kids have to go to school and I don't want them to witness this....I could send them to my parents house then I would be all alone,....why do they have to be so unsensitive and not care so much about their employee's I don't want to have this baby at home alone...What do I do? I need advice before I call the employer...I don't want him to lose his job but I don't want him to miss his daughters birth...and if I call now they will get screamed at
Old 09-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Banned
SL Member

Perhaps he can start his maternity leave this week??
Old 09-13-2008, 07:30 PM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

He can't the schedule is already out and he doesn't get paid for it I do but he has to take vacation
Old 09-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Banned
SL Member

Ouch....not sure what to say. I just thought that might work since it would be illegal for them to let him go if he did it that way.... Hopefully someone else has some stellar advice.... Good luck and keep us posted. Oh wait you could have it in the XB....at his work.....I mean we talked about how messy that would be at exposed and all LOL Just kidding of course
Old 09-13-2008, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

if some asshat treated me in that way, with no respect to my situation(and yours) i would leave right there and then. There are better people to work for. I know jobs are getting harder to come by and all, but its not impossible to find other work.

Screw those people, they dont deserve him to work there. Let them screw some other sucker.

I hope it all works out well for you, and good luck with the birth, its meant to be a nic ething, not a great big hassle!~
Old 09-13-2008, 07:55 PM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

I told him to walk out but he won't ca use we do have a baby coming we need the 2nd income. He has been looking for new jobs and nothing.... and I don't know what to do, he wants me to call his employer but the emotional wreck that I am right now I would end up cussing them out and he would DEFINATELY lose his job....I am contacting my lawer to see what can be done
Old 09-13-2008, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I swear I told him to send his resume over.

What's he do? PM me with what he's making and his bennies.

I'll see if I can better it, if I can tell him to quit his job, plain and simple. The he*l if you are going to be alone going through this stuff.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

that sucks ****.. I hate when companies use their employees and walk all over them and treat them like sh*t - specially in a time like this when he is needed @ night for you in the emergency that you have to give birth (which by the way are you due this week?)

that's a tough one, on one hand he needs to leave the place 'cause he doesn't deserve to be crapped on, but the other hand you guys probably need the income.

I would have him look into the law of L&I, 'cause i'm pretty sure it's illegal for a company to make a employee work that much with not break in between shifts and i know it is illegal for a employer to make a employee come back to work practically right after his last shift was over.

don't quote me on that, but i'm pretty sure they cannot do that.

anyhow, i hope it works out for you.. i agree with Davie06tc - he should just walk out on them 'cause they need him more then your he needs the job i bet and if i threatens to leave, they may work out something for him so they don't loose him
Old 09-13-2008, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Well I am gonna go out on a limb here.........you have our house phone number......I live 20 minutes away.......get me the hospital info on where you need to go.......Cindy and I are home at night......wake us up......it takes me 2 minutes to get out the door......I have a flexabel boss and schedule and can take a day off if needed.....I will be honored to help....just call us and get us the info tonight........

This is what life is all about.......doing the right thing........we are there for you........plus I missed my sons birth.......perhaps I could live vicariously though your vagina as you pass your child to the world.........LOL.......Oh come on....you knew I needed to break the mood with humor.........and that is funny.......

But really call us tonight and get us the info..........I promise not to look at the birth area......but it would be funny.........when the child comes out .....well you know .....not Caucasion.......and I go"What the hell hunny........." ok more humor.........sorry........

did I tell you about how my sons mom fired off 2 rounds at me in the last two weeks from a .357 due to my humor.........LOL

Call us......period.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

way to go Brian!

Jenn, that sucks and he should find a job and then walk out on them with no notice, it's totally unacceptable for them to schedule him like that.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Of course, you could just be overdue and not have your baby this week and all this worrying will be for nothing. None of my kids came on time (and I remember living on pins and needles thinking it would be "any minute" that labor would begin!!). If I lived closer I'd be glad to help you out, but I think from Concrete would be a long way to anywhere to be helpful.

I think I'd take up Brian and Cindy's offer, just for peace of mind if you did suddenly go into labor in the middle of the night. It will all work out okay!!! Switching jobs now is not something you want to consider...

Have a blessed birth!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 12:51 AM
United Imports
Balliztik
SL Member

Thanks guys for all your advice it really has calmed me down...I have pretty much been balling all day. Neither one of my boys came on time but like my Dr says no two pregnancies are the same....I just like the security of having a plan set up and being ready...I'm OCD like that....I totally will be calling Cindy and Brian if I need to.....I really don't want Mike to miss this and I wish his employer was better to him....I am also talking to my lawyer first thing Monday morning...this is not the first only or last time we have had issues with them...they have treated him very poorly in the past and this was the straw that broke the camels back...........I have sent complaints into L&I today and will follow up aggressively on this with them and proceeding with what needs to be done....thank you everyone I really appriciate you guys
Old 09-14-2008, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You go girl... make them feel your wrath

Brian - thanks for being so awesome
Old 09-14-2008, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

The reason behind what i do everyday is because if i quit nobody will hire me, because i have a criminal record......The record was never my fault. But i am BLACK, now what, i was lucky to get an ok job making ends meet....but at this point i am about to go under, so i refuse to make less, but my family comes first but i need money, if i walk out my life is over......So to sum it up, i have to take it till things get better for me.....And that will take place when i turn 25, after that i will be on the straigh and narrow...............Thanx for the support and advice.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
Well I am gonna go out on a limb here.........you have our house phone number......I live 20 minutes away.......get me the hospital info on where you need to go.......Cindy and I are home at night......wake us up......it takes me 2 minutes to get out the door......I have a flexabel boss and schedule and can take a day off if needed.....I will be honored to help....just call us and get us the info tonight........

This is what life is all about.......doing the right thing........we are there for you........plus I missed my sons birth.......perhaps I could live vicariously though your vagina as you pass your child to the world.........LOL.......Oh come on....you knew I needed to break the mood with humor.........and that is funny.......

But really call us tonight and get us the info..........I promise not to look at the birth area......but it would be funny.........when the child comes out .....well you know .....not Caucasion.......and I go"What the hell hunny........." ok more humor.........sorry........

did I tell you about how my sons mom fired off 2 rounds at me in the last two weeks from a .357 due to my humor.........LOL

Call us......period.
Woooooowwwww Brian....you have an intersting mind....i dont know what to say about that....
Old 09-16-2008, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

[quote="Matthews_Lewis_Racing6226"] But i am BLACK, quote]

Are you .....nuh-uh.......Besides I live right here, so if you need help give me a ring....
Old 09-16-2008, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matthews_Lewis_Racing6226

Call us......period.
Woooooowwwww Brian....you have an intersting mind....i dont know what to say about that....

I DO!!!!!...........
I was there when both my Children were born from the time they were squiggling half dollar size ***** of hair till I caught them and cut the cord.
IF YOU MISS THIS YOU WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOURSELF......
Its one of the things that I most cherish in life..........
NO Employer has the legal right to deny this to you, wear a pager and go at a moments notice be there no matter what. that is a right given to you under Male Maternity leave. If they fire you for it you will win in court including pay till you find a new equivalent $$$$ job.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:01 AM
Banned
SL Member

Call us......period.

Brian you crack me up! Thanks for the laugh. It is great that you are close enough to help! You rock!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matthews_Lewis_Racing6226
The reason behind what i do everyday is because if i quit nobody will hire me, because i have a criminal record......The record was never my fault. But i am BLACK, now what, i was lucky to get an ok job making ends meet....but at this point i am about to go under, so i refuse to make less, but my family comes first but i need money, if i walk out my life is over......So to sum it up, i have to take it till things get better for me.....And that will take place when i turn 25, after that i will be on the straigh and narrow...............Thanx for the support and advice.
I know how you feel about gettign a job Mike........I started out my life at age 12 with a juvi record.......long story short......a kid and I were throwing rocks at a dirt bank and the rock slipped out of my hand and hit him inthe head......I ran away scared and did not tell anyone.......judge was not to kind to me.....he felt that since I was a boy scout I knew better and was expected to take better action than to leave a boy unconscious like that......

It was down hill from there......I missed all of 7th grade.....most of 8th grade........finally got to goto 9th grade but by then I had given up........spent most of 9th grade in and out of juvi....by 10th grade I was in Maple Lane planting trees 5 days a week.....from there I escaped.......which brought me more trouble.....finally ended up at Dyslins Boys Ranch......by then I was a lost cause......got emancipated at 17......first person in Washington to be emancipated in about 14 years the judge said......and actually opened up the door for others to be emancipated in the state......had they not emancipated me It was gonna be Echo Glen till 21.......

I went to Cali at 18 and moved in with my step sister and started selling meth and making it after about 6 months for the Mexican Mafia.......taht got me in worse trouble.....sentenced to 7 years in Chino........ended up gettign an appeal and got released to my mother.........

Since then I spent many years busting my butt doing horrid work trying to get past the 7 year mark without a felony........19 years later it still is imprinted in my head......I am not good enough to succeed due to my past.........

So Mike........do not ever let your past hold you up........work hard as I know you do.......beleive in yourself..........do good.......and never quit.......you do not know where your road is gonna take you.........mine has gotten to a place in life that scares the hell out of me.......after 19 years.......I am finally succeeding......scarey place to be when you have never done it........one day at a time.....move forward and never forget where you came from........

And Mike......was I an employer.......I would hire you.......you are good man......
Old 09-16-2008, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

you have had a rough life......i shouldnt complain..

Quick Reply: Non car related rant I need help