ID, OR, WA

Rear Wiper + Rain

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Gsnorgathon
I agree that not making it intermittent was pretty stupid. I use it, but never set it to just run. I'll manually have it do a swipe or two, then turn it off. How hard would it be to mod it? (And how hard would it be to mod the front ones to be variable?)
I sooooo agree. I can never just turn it on and leave it on...it must be on-swipe-off for me as well.

Anyone hate that there's no mud flaps for xBs. Most of the dirt & water grime comes from the rear tire spray. When I bought my first BSP box I wanted mud flaps but they "weren't available yet". Then I got used to not having them. But the interesting thing is that most of the problem necessitating a rear wiper would be solved by having mud flaps.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It also sucks because it puts very little force on the rear window pretty much just skims across. After about 2 wipes mines jumps all over. So it'll be out soon enough after I get a plug and some BOP into a rattle can
Old 05-20-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zinker
It also sucks because it puts very little force on the rear window pretty much just skims across. After about 2 wipes mines jumps all over.

I agree with the little force factor, but maybe a new wiper would help this somehow.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Careful if you add more force - I believe the light touch is to prevent all the grit that gets sucked up from the road onto the rear window from scratching a very expensive piece of glass...

(The rear 'wind deflector' directs some flow down the hatch if it is installed, and does actually help prevent road spray from getting on the rear window. Too bad I don't care for the look of it. )

Tom
Old 05-21-2007, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would like it if it covered more area of the window but with me being so darn tall its pointless i used mine today for the first time in months and i swear i was in a monsoon holy crap i couldn't see 20 feet in front of me

gorge + high winds + lots of rain + cars not turning on there lights = playing flash light tag at 70mph ahhhh..

for normal use i would rip it off but i dont care for the lame circular plugs people put in theres... wills and nicks lock sweet but this means countless hours doing body work. =/
Old 05-21-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mocascion
...Anyone hate that there's no mud flaps for xBs. Most of the dirt & water grime comes from the rear tire spray. When I bought my first BSP box I wanted mud flaps but they "weren't available yet". Then I got used to not having them. But the interesting thing is that most of the problem necessitating a rear wiper would be solved by having mud flaps.
Sometime back Orataro posted some pics of JDM mud flaps for the bB. It's been a while since I've followed that thread, so I don't know what came of 'em. But they sure looked interesting.

Edit: fixed Orataro's name, and here's a link to the mud flaps thread. Looks like they don't fit without modification. Takes some of the fun out of it.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only some of the celica's have a rear wiper. My girl had one and it didn't hav eone. I also have a shaved hatch, done myself, and Its fine without it.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I miss my rear wiper.. don't have it on the Corolla. Is it pretty easy to get one done? I don't like not having it.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A trick I've always used for not having a rear wiper is to turn on the defroster.
Helps to dry the rear window quicker.