Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Visiting Seattle in April... Good Eats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Visiting Seattle in April... Good Eats?

Hello folks! I'm visiting Seattle with the gf in April and was wondering where should I go eat? We won't have a rental car and will be staying near downtown (on Madison @ Renaissance). So our plan is to bus, cab, or walk around the area. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

if you can get up onto broadway Dicks is the best burger joint in town, make sure to bring cash!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yep everyone who tries it Loves Dicks ( it's a Washington thing). There are a lot of great places to eat around there. The hotel people I'm sure can direct you to some good places near there. I'm down in Oregon now but I'll bet there are some peeps up there that would meetup with you and show you around. Have fun.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, let us know when you are going to be in the area, I'm sure the peeps up north could put together a meet and greet while you are here too.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

lowells @ pikes place they have a great brunch menu......FYI just walk downtown, and if your interested send me a PM when your in seattle and i will meetup with ya and show you around.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Prety much when you walk out the hotel you really can walk around and you will find a lot of great places to eat in that area.....1st ave in seattle is great,also in April the Mariners are gonna be playing at Safeco and we got some great food like the Garlic fries and such in there.4th Ave in seattle has some great places to get food,as does WEstgate Mall area.......we can have a get together when you arrive and get you around town to what to see and do......there is a lot.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Westlake Mall*
Old 01-29-2009, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

yeah I wonder where the heck I got West gate....must be a blend of westlake and north gate......lol
Old 01-29-2009, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everytime I go up to Seattle I usually go to Uwajimaya and eat at one of the Chinese food places in there. Pretty good food I would recommend
Old 01-29-2009, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man i got fatter when i went up last summer here's a rundown of spots

dick's burgers - cant go wrong. a bit greasy but D@MNED good

seattle/bellevue area - theres a plethora of indian restaurants there that are good. ill get the name of the spot i liked best and post up

joey's - theres a couple of these at different malls around seattle area. great food. even better eye candy lol

there's a bunch of pretty good spots around downtown area. hit up william langford he went to just about every place i went to while i was up there. and yes i did eat like a pig haha
Old 01-29-2009, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

take a cab to roy's bbq and order the georgia gold. the best pulled pork sandwhich!

and if you like vietnemese pho, try the cambodian noodle soup at phnom penh in chinatown. much better than pho.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

M2 mentioned Joey's. Joey's is an upclass Hooters, only difference is that the 18year olds with huge ***** wear a black top instead of a white t-shirt. My friend ordered a blue hawaiian there, and it came out pink.... seriously. Whatever floats your boat.

Downtown theres tons of great places. Seattle is a melting pot of different cultures.

Sport (right next to the Space Needle) has amazing burgers and chili. It's a great place to watch a game, as every booth has its own tv.

Seattle has some of the best seafood in the world, so don't go to Ivars or Anthony's! They are nothing special at all. Blah! Saltys/Rays Boathouse/Seastar (just opened in Seattle) are all amazing places. As for steaks, Daniels Broiler or the Metropolitan Grill.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you want sushi, wasabi bistro in bell town is good.

newport bay and stanfords happy hour are all bomb!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

We also have some outstanding sports bars......country bars........___ bars(cheaper beer on tap....yes there is a story there.....lol).......night clubs........fast food.......spendy food.......home cooked food........man then we got coffee on every corner.....also some of the best beers you can find......winerys........and let us not forget our ever popular icky sticky green skunky stuff........lol......
Old 01-30-2009, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Thanks all for the suggestions! Are there any real mind-blowing seafood places (under $200 total and will not be booked solid)? The gf & I are big fans of oysters. Maybe Joey's has good oysters and I can use that as an excuse to go there!?! We also love good sushi.
What about this Salumi place on 3rd? Hype or not? Is there a better or comparable place @ Pike?
Last time I was in Seattle a loooong time ago there was a all-you-can-eat hot pot place in the Int'l district that was pretty good. Does such a place still exist there?
Again, thanks for all your input! =)
Old 01-30-2009, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by BZinn1
let us not forget our ever popular icky sticky green skunky stuff........lol......
We're not big drinkers so bars & clubs don't really peak our interest. GF is not down with the sticky icky so poo-poo on that idea. I personally wouldn't mind since its been over a year!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

it was a joke ........but the PNW is pretty famous for it..........lol

Oysters........now that actually is easy.......goto pikes place market and get them.....then walk straight up the hill in the market at the north end to the kitchen utensiles store and get a shucking knife and you are set.......or I bet they will shuck them right there for a couple bucks more.........or did you wnat to goto fancy restaurant to have the ambiance.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Now that I think about it I probably won't be packing fancy clothes to go to the fancy places. Perhaps a collared short-sleeve shirt is about as fancy as I'm going to get! We're planning to go through Pike's and you bet we're going suck down a few oysters there.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

there you go.......nice and fresh........damn you now I feel like driving north and having a few.........
Old 01-30-2009, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

if u guys like Italian try this place
http://www.thepinkdoor.net/

Quick Reply: Visiting Seattle in April... Good Eats?