Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Please recommend a LA tint shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Please recommend a LA tint shop

As title says, please recommend a tint shop in LA, either west LA or san gabriel vally area if possible. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Well, I just had my tC done last weekend.
The place did a good job on the tint, but I am going to tell you about the things I didn't like about this place.
My job was for all 5-windows (two on each side, plus the hatch)

1) When I called for pricing, they told me (roughly, not exactly) $135 for the base job with basic tint film. $150 for the best film, which is "HP Titanium"
This is made by "Solar Gard" and I got 30% all-around
When I arrived, I was told that on SCIONs, they should remove the door-panels to get the film down below the window molding on the door - this was at an extra cost of $35. They knew I had a SCION when I called, but they didn't tell me that until I got there, which I think is kinda crappy. Otherwise, they cut the film above the molding, which is likely to peel up over time, so now it's $185.

2) I had to sign a waver as tinting the two front side-windows is illegal here. No biggie. BUT, after the job was completed and paid for, I was told that the "lifetime" warranty didn't cover those two windows since it is illegal. That to me is complete BS! Whether it's legal or not has nothing to do with standing by one's work. I was kinda ____ed, but after sitting there for three hours waiting for them to finish, I was ready to go.

3) I had just spent the whole morning detailing the car, thinking it would make them take better care of my new tC. When they finished, the car was a mess. Everything I had in my trunk was spread all over the inside of the car - towels, tools, detailing sprays, etc. AND, the $200 SCION car cover I had in there was missing. I went back inside and the guy found it and at least seemed to be embarrassed. Also, there was the solution for the tint all over my interior - leather interior.

I think the job was done well. I know it takes a few days of being in the sun to let the solution evaporate, so I will report back when I have hat it a couple weeks.

If you want their info, let me know. All I care about in the end is how it came out, but I am not too happy overall with the things I mentioned above.

BTW, I live in Pasadena, and they are very close to there - so it's likely close to you too.

Scott
Old 02-15-2006, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is a place down here in LBC... although when i had my estimate they said $180 not cheap... but one thing i like about that place is MODS MODS MODS! tons of sh*t they do from lambo doors too billet grilles, rims, alarm, audios, tint, nav, dvd... up here in 605 exit at carson right before 405 go east along Carson then it will become Lincoln cross street Moody... place's name is AUDIO SPORTs
Old 02-15-2006, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Scott/slboettcher for the detailed review I think I'll check out this shop. I am not going to tint the front windows so should be ok for me : ]

could give me their phone number?

SkrewCYCO, thanks also but it's a little bit out of my way : ]
Old 02-16-2006, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill check out the one in LB thx dude
i had a corolla as my last car and for 5 windows it costed $200!!!
super nice job tho
done in SF
Old 02-16-2006, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

PM sent. I will send info upon request.
I am trying to see if my visit was just a bad one or if these guys are a little on the so-so side.

Scott
Old 02-18-2006, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i went to whittier tint shop. i believe its about 150 for all windows but windshield. they did a great job on my tint so i recommend them.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ same here they charged less than $200 on my Yukon XL... limo in the back and my front windows.... sweeet job!!
i also recommend them!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:08 AM
Banned
SL Member

tint zone, 120 bux , hacienda heights, real ghetto place, its like jus a garage and only does one car at a time. but for 120 not bad n lifetime warranty. lemme know if u wan more info.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:19 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

california pro tint on rosemead
Old 02-22-2006, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by slboettcher
Well, I just had my tC done last weekend.
The place did a good job on the tint, but I am going to tell you about the things I didn't like about this place.
My job was for all 5-windows (two on each side, plus the hatch)

1) When I called for pricing, they told me (roughly, not exactly) $135 for the base job with basic tint film. $150 for the best film, which is "HP Titanium"
This is made by "Solar Gard" and I got 30% all-around
When I arrived, I was told that on SCIONs, they should remove the door-panels to get the film down below the window molding on the door - this was at an extra cost of $35. They knew I had a SCION when I called, but they didn't tell me that until I got there, which I think is kinda crappy. Otherwise, they cut the film above the molding, which is likely to peel up over time, so now it's $185.

2) I had to sign a waver as tinting the two front side-windows is illegal here. No biggie. BUT, after the job was completed and paid for, I was told that the "lifetime" warranty didn't cover those two windows since it is illegal. That to me is complete BS! Whether it's legal or not has nothing to do with standing by one's work. I was kinda ____ed, but after sitting there for three hours waiting for them to finish, I was ready to go.

3) I had just spent the whole morning detailing the car, thinking it would make them take better care of my new tC. When they finished, the car was a mess. Everything I had in my trunk was spread all over the inside of the car - towels, tools, detailing sprays, etc. AND, the $200 SCION car cover I had in there was missing. I went back inside and the guy found it and at least seemed to be embarrassed. Also, there was the solution for the tint all over my interior - leather interior.

I think the job was done well. I know it takes a few days of being in the sun to let the solution evaporate, so I will report back when I have hat it a couple weeks.

If you want their info, let me know. All I care about in the end is how it came out, but I am not too happy overall with the things I mentioned above.

BTW, I live in Pasadena, and they are very close to there - so it's likely close to you too.

Scott
could this be... PRO-TINT?!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Could be...
Old 02-22-2006, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah... While I was there waiting for them to fix my alarm, I overheard them telling the same thing to other tint customers AFTER the job was done.

BTW, I sat there for about 3 hours just for them to tell me that there was nothing they could do about my alarm problem.

If anyone does go there, I suggest speaking directly to the head guy. I believe his name is Jeff. He's the guys with all the experience, and he seemed a lot cooler then the rest of the employees.

*This is just my opinion based on personal experience*
Old 02-23-2006, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

^^^ As I said, just my experience too, but now, there's a few with similar replies.
All in all, not a terrible place, just not very up-front with the "fine print"

Scott
Old 02-24-2006, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member

I have an Scion xA car and i would like to tint my car's windows can i have this store phone number please?

Originally Posted by skrewCYCO
there is a place down here in LBC... although when i had my estimate they said $180 not cheap... but one thing i like about that place is MODS MODS MODS! tons of sh*t they do from lambo doors too billet grilles, rims, alarm, audios, tint, nav, dvd... up here in 605 exit at carson right before 405 go east along Carson then it will become Lincoln cross street Moody... place's name is AUDIO SPORTs
Old 02-24-2006, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by san20176
I have an Scion xA car and i would like to tint my car's windows can i have this store phone number please?

Originally Posted by skrewCYCO
here ya go! (714) 816-0105
Old 02-24-2006, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks much!

I call right now and i got a quote for $130.00 i hope it's true.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

^^^ Don't go for cheap film - spend the extra few bucks to get the best.

Scott
Old 02-25-2006, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member

I am a total noob at this. what kind of film it's the best one??

Originally Posted by slboettcher
^^^ Don't go for cheap film - spend the extra few bucks to get the best.

Scott
Old 08-29-2006, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member

bump. with all the tCs and tint jobs I see around SoCal, I'm surprised there are so few threads about local tint shops. So who's better these days? Pro-Tint or Whittier Tint Shop? I want to get a good tint job, and will pay a little extra for quality tint at a shop that isn't going to trash my interior during the install. Any tips or suggestions, or recent experiences (or even recommended installers at the individual shops)? thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Please recommend a LA tint shop