Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

Project Teabox for HIN LA

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Project Teabox for HIN LA

Yep, I'm going to make it a goal for me to show at HIN LA.........in August. The thing is that money won't be a factor, but the time..............4 months starting April.

My goal is to make my box look clean and JDM inspired..........and none of the ricey stuff that u guys have labeled me,

Well, I'm also deciding in making a big display with along the lines of a teahouse and some other stuff.................even serving tea to those that want some............at a donation of course

The problem is that is it possible to make a mild HIN worthy car by august? Also, if anyone would be kind enough and post pic of past HIN LA "best displays" I'm going all out on the display.........I just need room..............well, I'm going to need help from my SL family..........hookups, sponsors, custom parts.........if u are willing to help, PM me on what u can offer................I'm not going to be a "cynce" just cuz I don't have the time and the right car.............Big ups to Cynce though....

So So Cal, get ready. The infamously wanted person to see teabox aka Robert is going all out. Peace to my SL family, +1LOVE...............
Old 03-29-2007, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

you know where to go to right Robert if you need the hook up? lol

Kirby
Old 03-29-2007, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can walk you through fabricing the interior, just need some time and fabric and a trip to autozone.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

This has always been one of my fav displays:

Old 03-30-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

^^ agree!
Old 03-30-2007, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scandalous
This has always been one of my fav displays:

Ok, I agree to............just cuz I like how this box came out and cuz I took a pic with the owner.............the girl ...............she reminds of someone, but dunno who.

Cute girl though. I still have the pic somewhere in the room

I'm going to set up a display with a teahouse in the back ground.................well, I'm going all out on the display........................can I set up the display the day I have to roll in or do i have to wait until the day of the show?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tunerzimage
you know where to go to right Robert if you need the hook up? lol

Kirby
If the window visors fit perfectly.........meaning they aren't short at the ends and stuff............then I'll buy them...............plus the spun wheels............I just gotta shop around cuz my uncle found Sportmax 002's for $250..........new...........I was like, WTH????

Thanks Kirby.............
Old 03-30-2007, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did this box win best display or not? I need to know so that I can match it or go more overboard................my goal is walk away with a trophy, respect, or a magazine cover promise............. cuz this might be my last year...................maybe...........
Old 03-30-2007, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Whadda ya mean last year Tea?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBlover
Whadda ya mean last year Tea?
Maybe as a true owner................I might get an EVO should I get accepted to UCR after my spring term.........if I pass all my classes with B or higher............yep.

I'll step drive it and all.............but my focus is going to change once my new gf shows up.........my EVO 9

Don't worry peeps, teabox will never die or fade away....................I'm going to make a prototype of my display................I just need to know how much space HIN will give for a car...................I have a funny feeling that I'm going to have little space.............whatever...............u guys won't be disappoint with the display I have planned.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You better not get rid of the Camo or else we are no longer friends. TRD and Mitsubishi don't match.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bBlover
You better not get rid of the Camo or else we are no longer friends. TRD and Mitsubishi don't match.
Don't worry............."teabox" is staying..............I'm just adding another member to my family, lol, .

Remember.............the teabox will never die.......I'm not leaving the scene any time soon,
Old 03-30-2007, 08:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck man, best display is a lot of work... because ur goin up against other displays but theres not that many that really go out on display..

daym thats a crazy display for that xb.. that better had one best display lol..
Old 03-30-2007, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jay_jay_n
good luck man, best display is a lot of work... because ur goin up against other displays but theres not that many that really go out on display..

daym thats a crazy display for that xb.. that better had one best display lol..
Does HIN even give out a trophy for best display? But hey, if a lot of peeps don't do display, that makes it easier for me................

..............anyways, I just got a shop who will be willing to do an exhaust for me..........but I have an idea...............should I gold plate it?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes they do have trophies for display and if I'm not mistaken they come with cash. Your only problem is that some teams have displays that will out-do any single person's. One team at San Mateo had a freaking ice sculpture of all things!!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah thats most likely twc they did ice sculptures for each cars model and team name, they have been taking over like crazy.. $$$, twc did that at HIN last year.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

going for best display at HIN is gonna be very difficult you are gonna be competing with individual display as well as team display the best display could go to a team or a individual person like i said its gonna be difficult like TWC infamous ice display or autoconcept display at pomona
Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kevsXB
going for best display at HIN is gonna be very difficult you are gonna be competing with individual display as well as team display the best display could go to a team or a individual person like i said its gonna be difficult like TWC infamous ice display or autoconcept display at pomona
Does anyone have pics of these two displays? I would to see them just to see if I'm going for a all out display or just make a presentabe display.

Or, u know what, I'll just build my car for the show and worry about the display once I get there, lol.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what are your plans for rims/suspension?
Old 03-31-2007, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
what are your plans for rims/suspension?
Right now, I'm deciding on some 16x7 gold spun wheels. I'm on tein s-techs right now, but I since I'm a suspension freak as well, lol., (can't be too stiff IMO) I want to add underbraces, sway bar, and some custom interior braces. I also want to add sport seats (sparco, Bride(maybe), or Recaros), remove the rear seats or reupbolster them matching the seats. Stereo is nothing cuz my godfather has that covered, so that is good. I want to add a lip kit, some type of FFF, a BSP grill, HID's and BB fogs, wing, BB bumper guard, badges, and anything else I can think of for the outside. I'm guessing my cost will be around 4 grand.

Quick Reply: Project Teabox for HIN LA