Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV
View Poll Results: Are you rollin with out a front plate???
Yes
57.58%
No
42.42%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Ticket for not displaying front license plate in CA? *POLL*

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Maybe it is, I didn't check eBay but I know there was a few different ones a while back...
Old 02-17-2006, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member

Yeah I got a ticket a couple of years ago for no plate. He pulled me over for a burnt out head light, then wrote me up for tint and front plate.

My buddy has a corvette and refuses to put a plate on it. He has 3 tickets for it from the same cop!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member

^^ Wow, for the price of three tickets, your friend could probably afford othing things to add to his car to make it look better.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I voted yes, but only because I have no lower grill right now, I have the M Power body kit and theres no way in hell am I drilling any holes into my bumper, so in the meanwhile I'll take my changes.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member

Roll the dice man, I got two in six years on my civic signed em off $10 each time (processing fee) currently still rollin dealer stickers and in response to yer one in honolulu plate on dash could be plate in skull/face in an accident hence the word accident...decapitation sucks when it happens to you.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Marvelous Scions
SL Member

I've only gotten 1 ticket, It was a non-fix it $30 ticket. I've kept my plates on ever since.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have fought the good fight for a long time, but it's so not worth it in san francisco.

note: i have the front plate attached to the window with two suction cups from wal-greens. it is under 60", which means it is fully in compliance with california state law.

but it doesn't seem to matter.

i am currently protesting two no front plate tickests that the stupid meter maids left for me - legally parked in every way otherwise, with front plate mounted lawfully in window - they just needed an excuse. one ticket is $25, the other is $50. don't EVEN get me started on how much that ____es me off above and beyond the harrassment....

and i've been stopped 3x by motorcycle cops, and ticketed twice.

oh, and the latest. we went to the Golden Gate Recreation Area on Saturday - a national (i.e. Federal) park that is the unofficial dog park for SF. backed into our spot to make it safer for the dogs to exit the vehicle, came back 2 hours later, Federal Ranger ticket on window for $170. why? "no front plate."

i found the ranger and disputed it with him - politely - and explained that in fact we did/do have a front plate mounted in full and complete compliance with the letter of california state law.

and i showed him my highlighted copy of the vehicle code printed out from the DMV web site that i keep in the car

(FYI, it's http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5200.htm and http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5201.htm)

as well as a photocopy of the previous ticket i had signed off by a cop even though i still had the plate in the front window (motorcycle cops, bad. b/w cops, good.)

he finally waived it, grudgingly, but told me that he was going to "check with management" to find out if he could legally ticket me in the future. fair warning, in other words.

in any case, i am tired of the hassle, and so's the wife. i'm getting one of those front plate adapter thingies.

but i ain't a-gonna mount it in the center WHOA NO!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I never had a problem, Even on my Ranger that i drove for 2 years with no plate. Yeah but i agree dont give the man a reason to pull you over or ticket you... The cops in SF sound extreamly lame about it!
Old 03-30-2006, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ interesting, jus wuldn wan tth up there in a accident, nice seats too
Old 04-05-2006, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club

I think it matter's where your driving. Never had a problem in the beach cities, but head east and cops are dicks. One follows me to work everyday pulled me over once for going 45 in a 40, let me off with a warning after he checked my exhaust was stock. Didn't even noitce no front plate.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i nver had a front plate for the last 4 years =)

its ugly, messes your paint.

just wanted to add. dint read above ^
Old 12-08-2007, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

ugh. just got rolled on yesterday for not having a front plate. the cop was kind enough to give me a ticket for my front tint as well. LAAAME!!!

Old 12-08-2007, 10:32 AM
SL Member

i'm getting a relocater to put it off to the side. i gotta check with my family (family full of cops) to see if that chit is "legal" enough. i want to tint my windows (because i can get it signed EASILY) but i don't want the hassle of getting pulled over. if i see flashing lights behind me, i pee a little and throw up a bit. hahaha
Old 12-11-2007, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1OWNAGE
i'm getting a relocater to put it off to the side. i gotta check with my family (family full of cops) to see if that chit is "legal" enough. i want to tint my windows (because i can get it signed EASILY) but i don't want the hassle of getting pulled over. if i see flashing lights behind me, i pee a little and throw up a bit. hahaha
that "chit" IS legal. My bf has an evo & evo's come stock with a side plate mounting.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've gotten 2 no front plate tickets in the past 6 months, one while I was parked on campus & the campus sheriff gave me one, & then I got another one on my way to SEMA.

I just bit the bullet & put my front plate on now. I don't want any "exterior" mods that'll give me tickets. I swear the cop may have pulled me over just to check out the car since it's widebody, pink, & he flat out said "license & registration, by the way, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?"

But, he was nice enough to not make me pop my head, that saved me many more fix-its (fmic, supercharger, headers)......he did give me a warning for my exhaust though.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well im in LA and i got a ticket for not having my front plates at 12:30 am while i was sleeping the car was parked in front of my house my girl also got a ticket for the same thing same day ,time Grrrr soo ____ed off
Old 12-11-2007, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm in San Gabriel, always around the pasadena, LA or Torrance area and I don't have the front plate but I've never been pulled over for it or received a ticket for it-- One time I got pulled over for exhaust on my teg and the cop mentioned that I might "want to put on" my front plate, but didn't do anything... and I've had the front plate off since '03
Old 12-11-2007, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

it is messed up here in cali i had my car parked in pomona and came out like 6 hours later with a 50 dollar ticket for no front licence plate car was parked... parking inforcer cited me that was B.S.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yeah, not sure if this would ever work but just thought I'd share!

http://www.petitiononline.com/caplate/petition.html
Old 12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IntegreS_350
Oh yeah, not sure if this would ever work but just thought I'd share!

http://www.petitiononline.com/caplate/petition.html
well i signed it maby it will take effect on our grand kids huver cars lol

Quick Reply: Ticket for not displaying front license plate in CA? *POLL*