Old 05-08-2006, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Default I hate the Internet: Alex's thoughts on the All Scion Show 3

Hey, how is everybody?

Well, despite predictions by many I actually survived the show. Actually, I wound up feeling pretty good after everything finished up.

So here's the deal. I hate the Internet now. There was a point in time before the Internet that people would get together in an area and have fun and then go home. Those people usually weren't too far from each other so these meetings could happen often and much fun was had by all. Oh yeah, and gas was cheap.

Now we have this Internet and I have a problem. You see, we had fantastic participation in the show. Lots of dedicated owners from ALL OVER. All of the participants were really cool too and I wanted to hang out with everybody. Now, in order to do that I need to go out to Oklahoma, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Colorado, and a ton of other places! HOLY COW!! None of this would've happened without the Internet. It's going to cost me a fortune just to keep up with my new friends. You see the problem? Stupid Internet!

Okay, anyway, how about a big old THANK YOU to all of those who made the trip. We had a crazy amount of participation. It was by far the largest Scion event in the region so far. We had some truly sick rides out here and judging was REALLY close on a lot of the categories.

Without you guys and girls coming to the show we wouldn't be able to continue to do it. We have grown every year so far and I expect NEXT YEAR to be even bigger!

Thank you to all of the clubs who organized and brought your members out here including all of the Scinergy, Scikotics, Team ScioNRG, and Scion Evolution chapters, as well as Scion Fusion, STLScions, and all of the privateers who joined us.

Congratulations to the winners! There wasn't a single person who won that didn't put a TON of time and effort into their car. The final results would be very hard to dispute. Here's the official list of the winners:

"Night Rider": Greg Banks (Flashy Red and Reflective xB)

Best xA
1st: Amanda Peverill (Clean White xA)
2nd: Joe Hobot (The xA-Team)
3rd: Bret Livengood (RS 1.0 xA)

Best xB
1st: Clay Smith (Custom painted lowass ride)
2nd: Jon Adams (the FrankenScion Special)
3rd: Brooks Stevenson (Badass in Black)

Best tC
1st: Nick Kennedy (Super Dark tC with the vertical doors)
2nd: Alex Amaya (Kaminari white with leather and some sweet tricks)
3rd: Bill Pendry (Scion kitted white with Axis rims)

Best ICE: Herb Petereit (Wide Body Chameleon xB)

Best Rims: Greg Banks (White xB on 20" Foose)

Best Presentation: Darron Cathcart (Flint tC with 5Zigen rims clean enough to deliver a baby on)

Griz's Choice: Greg Rose (Super clean BOP xB)

Best of Show: Greg Banks (The "Famous" xB)

I have my pictures up sometime soon. There will be some narration with them so that everybody who couldn't make it can feel like they were there.

Special thanks to our show's sponsors: Fujiz.com (go buy something from Fuji, that kid is skinny!), Accurate Auto Trim, Wheelart.net, Color Pro of Central Iowa, Best Buy, 5Zigen, Strup, Fast Track Graphics, ScionShirts.com, and of course Wilson Cadillac Toyota Scion and Denny and Danny Wilson.

Also, special thanks to my wife Rachel Millen, President of ScinergyIA Roy Brandt, ScinergyIA members Brett Pollock, Dean Hoffmann, Steve Lajoie, and Cass Cupp for helping with set-up, planning, trophy building, parking, research, and emotional support.

Again, to all of our "Road Warriors", THANK YOU for making the drive. I hope to see you all very soon! Stupid Internet!

-Alex
Old 05-08-2006, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

No man No

THANK YOU and WILSON - Danny and Denny Wilson for having us all there. I mean i haven't seen in my LIFE a Car Dealership does something for the community and car clubs like you guys did. I realy cant say special to all of you since all of you did a great job. I felt help from everybody and some of them ware special help. Girls i can bet you that non of you will get pregnant this year with my scion birthcontrol pills i was given by ALEX. So if you get pregnant please call Alex not ME hahahahahahahahahahah

The judging each year each show i like it the way it is. No not because i won a trophy even without it i wouldn't change my mind. It was fair everybody got something ...at least a beautiful day, sun burn or my birth control pills !

So again thanks to everybody that came all the way down to Ames, and let's hope our crazy Alex will get us together again.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

No thank you man !
Old 05-08-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks alot Alex and everyone involved! I had a great time at the show!!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Ames show

Great show, great time. Thanks Alex & the Wilson crew.

You the man
Old 05-18-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Alex, you are such a celebrity!
Old 07-20-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

So I'm 2 and a half months late in getting the pictures up, consider it "building interest in next year's show".

Here's what I have:

http://www.grizzlychoppers.com/ass3.html

Actually, I think I have the only pictures of the Sunday drive in this group, so check it out!

-Alex
Old 07-20-2006, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

you could have just said scinergy pics , just messin with ya !