Notices
Regional - Southeast FL, GA

New Guy with crashed TC

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 03:14 AM

Default New Guy with crashed TC

Hey, guys. Just bought my nephew's 2007 Scion TC. He wrecked it in the front. Pretty smashed in but repairable. I need a whole front end. The windshield was fine but that got smashed during the tow. It seems the tow guy left something on the towtruck and it hit the glass. I didn't see it and he played like something from the road hit it. I have no way to prove it was him and can't even know for sure. The blow was just too big to be just a rock. The fact that half way home he stopped and looked all around the car adds more to the suspicion.

Anyway, I'm in Miami and just want you guys to keep your eyes peeled for a crashed-in-the-rear TC so I can take the front-end parts off of it. It's going to need the headlights, full bumper, fenders, hood, radiator, condenser, brackets, etc. You name it, it needs it from the front end. All that will be put on after the extensive pulling and metal adjusting that will need to be done. My dad was a body man and knows what's up with it but he's age 80 now and with stroke damage he can't do squat car work anymore. I'm 46, myself.

What a pretty car, huh? Small but purdy.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

most of the stuff in the engine bay is in working order? the things you listed seem all cosmetics.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:41 PM

As far as I can see there is no engine damage. I fear A/C parts like lines may also be affected. I won't really know the full extent of the damage until I can get my hands on a puller or use a tree. I've done this before with my father here at home but this may need more than that.

If you're going to mention aftermarket parts and junkyards, I'm VERY familiar with that and, in fact, just came back from the junkyard for parts for my Mazda Protege. No Scions at the U-Picks/U-Pulls as the car is too new for those places. I will be calling every junkyard in the book this week and see if they have the full front end on a car. Oh, just want to confirm what years fit exactly the same. What I've read seems like a nice long spam but just want to confirm it.

Finding a whole car wrecked elsewhere beats buying just the single parts as when you encounter that you need THAT OTHER PART TOO, you have it. Otherwise, it's back to the junkyard or back to ebay, etc, etc. Thanks for replying. :-)