Regional - Southeast FL, GA

Radical Idea for the next Scion Exposed

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

uhm.. there will be drama every time.. but here is my idea:

there was a few plasma tv laying around the show... right?

so what if the judges takes pics about the car and at the end they would show us why they think that car is the winner.

btw i hate that at the end they call up some winner names and 90% of the time i have no idea which car belongs to who.

last time probably the only two car i knew was Reys xb and Tinas tc. thats it.

even if they dont show pics i want the judges to tell me what is the winner have and why they picked him OR let the owner talk for a minute about his/her car.

another good/fun stuff so lets say the judges takes pics of every car ( just find a guy who can take pics and walk around with the judges) and at the end of the show, before the trophys they would show us the most unique and cool stuff what they have seen at the show.

i think its a cool idea and it would make the trophy ceremony a lil bit longer.

off topic: can you guys help me with something? im going back to europe next month and there are some scions in my country. i would like to give them some scion goodies ( anything with scion logos) they usually give these away for free at every show)
there is only 6-7 owners in Hungary...
Old 05-08-2009, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by caveman
Originally Posted by Chrisdesil
Originally Posted by trikkonceptz
For the first time, it will be put together by tuners for tuners.

Laterz,

Ivan
Will there be ameture drag/circuit racing next year? That would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch and participate in. Fastest xB , tC, xA, xD trophies?

That would be real cool if it could work out
oh YESS!!! drag race and dyno!!!! holly cow! i would pay for these two like 50 bux

i dont think it would be really hard to rent the countylines drag race for a half day ( from 9am to 5pm) plus we would have plenty of room for the show.. my bro could be the dj like at the hollywood show :D that was fun
Old 05-08-2009, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chrisdesil
For the first time, it will be put together by tuners for tuners.

Laterz,

Ivan
Will there be ameture drag/circuit racing next year? That would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch and participate in. Fastest xB , tC, xA, xD trophies?
i like the idea of the track alot... some of us build our cars NOT for show but for racing... so it would be nice to show off performance potential of some of the cars... (cough cough bring it on anyone lol) county-line or PBIR im sure would be more then happy to open up their venues for this.

as far as the event itself...

in all honesty... i've been to exposed events before and i only attend to meet other scion owners, enjoy the hospitality of scion by throwing the event and of course showing of my car... the main focus i think no matter what should always revolve around the owners coming together, having a good time and building strong bonds in the community... yea car shows ands trophies are nice also but there will always be immature ppl who cry because they didnt get one.. thats in every car show no matter the event focus.... if ppl cant handle the let down then maybe they need to reevaluate their car and how they can make it better.... simple as that.. i dont think giving a trophy out to everyone is ok because it seems like a pitty gift... "here your car is just not as nice as theirs but we're giving u a trophy anyways for your stock or mild car"... im sure alot of ppl also dont care about trophies and just go to have fun... i think if anything the focus should always be about unity, friendship and how sweet scion is showing appreciation to its owners and not who has the baddest car. no matter how competitive you are, if you cant set that aside to enjoy a day with scion owners then probably exposed or most scion events should not be something they should participate in.

on a side note... ill be more then happy to volunteer being a judge at any show... i enjoy looking at good craftsmanship and well put together cars (even if its not my taste in modding).... i can go head to head with any judge thinking they know their stuff which at most cases ive found to be very minimal in automotive knowledge from dealing with most car shows in soflo...
Old 05-08-2009, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

i had fun at exposed and met some really cool people so yeh thats what its all about and keep up the great work guys see ya next year
Old 05-08-2009, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by TCpete
in all honesty... i've been to exposed events before and i only attend to meet other scion owners, enjoy the hospitality of scion by throwing the event and of course showing of my car... the main focus i think no matter what should always revolve around the owners coming together, having a good time and building strong bonds in the community... yea car shows ands trophies are nice also but there will always be immature ppl who cry because they didnt get one.. thats in every car show no matter the event focus.... if ppl cant handle the let down then maybe they need to reevaluate their car and how they can make it better.... simple as that.. i dont think giving a trophy out to everyone is ok because it seems like a pitty gift... "here your car is just not as nice as theirs but we're giving u a trophy anyways for your stock or mild car"... im sure alot of ppl also dont care about trophies and just go to have fun... i think if anything the focus should always be about unity, friendship and how sweet scion is showing appreciation to its owners and not who has the baddest car. no matter how competitive you are, if you cant set that aside to enjoy a day with scion owners then probably exposed or most scion events should not be something they should participate in.
Could not have said it any beter! It's nice to see more and more people sharing the same feelings here in the Scion realm!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TY sir... ^^ =) ...i wish scion would give me a job working with them... i know ive got ideas out the wazooo for scion to try out on these events to help raise their brand identity and customer appreciation/fun at these events but someones gotta pay my mortgage lol
Old 05-09-2009, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member

I just want to start out by saying thanks to Mr. Kennedy and SET for a great show this year. It is always nice to come out to the big scion reunion and see all the friends I have met and made in the last 5 years. I did take a trophy home this year but it's not the reason I go to the shows. I have put 5 years of lots of dreams and thoughts into my ride and I just like taking it out and showing it off and of course talking with all the guys and girls with the same kind of passion. It is a long day and a long show but like everyone has said it is FREE!!! I have paid to go for shows and came home many times without a trophy. I've gone to lots of scion shows and came home without placing. It's not about the prize it's about the dream and meeting new people. I will keep going to shows and keep showing my car. I'm proud of what I've done and I hope that all of you will keep coming out for the shows and show everyone what the scion's have got. Thanks for the good time and I'm looking forward to next year. Who knows what spiderman will do next year. It will take 007 to figure that one out.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

KAD
SL Member

For the first time, it will be put together by tuners for tuners. And if you think you want to help think twice. All those helping are having their tongues removed to keep them from talking .. LOL

Laterz,

Ivan

bite your tongue Ivan~ cant take mine out.. Im the Queen. lol