Banned

Default FR-S VS Civic SI

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...in-track-test/

Old 08-17-2012, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

The FR-S isnt fast... I dont know why your surprised.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

FR-S is not fast but it handles great.
I hate hondas lol
Old 08-17-2012, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I rather to have a slow scion than a ricey honda
Old 08-17-2012, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont see what the disapointment is? The honda had to have the sport package just to compete. Add suspension and tire upgrades to the brz and it wouldnt even be close.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Fmtc2008
I rather to have a slow scion than a ricey honda
I am sure you have a slow scion. Thanks to this site - I have seen PLENTY of riced out scions. People on here do the same crap that you think ricey hondas do. It has nothing to do with the car brand, but that the person is a ricer in general.

Hell... a v6 accord will stomp over 99% of the "modded" cars on this site, and I can guarantee would lay waste to your little tc. Your entitled to your opinion, and just like _______s everyone has one. That HFP SI is a great car, regardless of your moronic outlook, just like the FRS is a nice car.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

remember, this is the HFP SI, not just a standard SI. As expected it pulls in the straights, but the fr-s gains in the turns. These are both great cars, but with some better tires on the fr-s we would see different results.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
I am sure you have a slow scion. Thanks to this site - I have seen PLENTY of riced out scions. People on here do the same crap that you think ricey hondas do. It has nothing to do with the car brand, but that the person is a ricer in general.

Hell... a v6 accord will stomp over 99% of the "modded" cars on this site, and I can guarantee would lay waste to your little tc. Your entitled to your opinion, and just like _______s everyone has one. That HFP SI is a great car, regardless of your moronic outlook, just like the FRS is a nice car.

Put down the pipe buddy. The F/I section makes up more than 1% of cars on this stie. I would have to drive in reverse to lose to a v6 accord. That or just never take it out of 1st gear.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bet your wrong. I said the SITE, not tcs.

That means, there is ***** slow xd's, xa's, gen 1 xb's (I could run faster than both of those) heavy xb2's , tc1s, tc2s, ,and now FRS. I HIGHLY doubt its more than 3%, but way to go on worrying about getting an exact number.

Every single one of those would lose in a drag race, or auto x in stock form against a new v6 accord making almost 2x the hp. And a lot of the "modded" cars are just highschool kids playing on here. Dont get me wrong, there were some decent cars, but that was really about 3-4 years ago. This site has really went down hill with great builds.

You can admit it. Its ok. I think your stupid if you think honda has not built some great cars and cant admit it. I like the FRSBRZ. Its an "OK"" car. Thats just it though. Your making it out to be something its not, its ***** slow in stock form. I dont care if you think your chris rado jr. or not, your still driving a tc - which is a cheaper car than a civic SI. I see where your a brand loyalist as well. Me? I appreciate good cars period. NSX/s2000/ITR/DC5? All pretty decent. I even like the CRZ for what it is. Just like I like the gen2 MR2s, supras, FRS ect. And its great that you have to say your modded tc is faster than a stock v6 acura. I know there are modded accords that would have your car shi1tting its pants.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
I bet your wrong. I said the SITE, not tcs.

That means, there is ***** slow xd's, xa's, gen 1 xb's (I could run faster than both of those) heavy xb2's , tc1s, tc2s, ,and now FRS. I HIGHLY doubt its more than 3%, but way to go on worrying about getting an exact number.

Every single one of those would lose in a drag race, or auto x in stock form against a new v6 accord making almost 2x the hp. And a lot of the "modded" cars are just highschool kids playing on here. Dont get me wrong, there were some decent cars, but that was really about 3-4 years ago. This site has really went down hill with great builds.

You can admit it. Its ok. I think your stupid if you think honda has not built some great cars and cant admit it. I like the FRSBRZ. Its an "OK"" car. Thats just it though. Your making it out to be something its not, its ***** slow in stock form. I dont care if you think your chris rado jr. or not, your still driving a tc - which is a cheaper car than a civic SI. I see where your a brand loyalist as well. Me? I appreciate good cars period. NSX/s2000/ITR/DC5? All pretty decent. I even like the CRZ for what it is. Just like I like the gen2 MR2s, supras, FRS ect. And its great that you have to say your modded tc is faster than a stock v6 acura. I know there are modded accords that would have your car shi1tting its pants.

Really dude? Do you post in the xB, xA, xD sections at all? I can count how many times I've even looked at those sections on one hand. That's weak sauce to try and compare a ONE make forum to one with Multiple purpose vehicles on it and then make some statement of being superior over 99%.

V6 accord in an AutoX? You understand that AutoX is 90% driver right? I've seen a first gen xB run a faster time than a guy in an S2k. The continued blanket statements you make, indicates your inexperience.

LOL....you think a tC is the only car I've ever owned and modded? I can care less about what other people do to their cars, but the Civic SI of today is garbage and not the SI it use to be.

I would take an NSX. I would not take an S2k. I would not take any Civic period (and that's largely based on the consumer, not the car. Every Civic owner thinks they have the worlds greatest 4 banger, no matter if their stuff was stock or not). I can care less what some guy did to his car or what car he has, as long as it's done to his liking and not over exaggerating it's current capabilities.

I don't make the magazine reviews either, I only post them. You can go argue with the publications and reviewers. I can care less how fast it goes in a straight line in stock form. You can always make up for that later. It has a fantastic chassis to start with, and that's what I appreciate about it.

And LOL....my intentions were not to brag about a "stock" v6 accord. I've killed bigger fish than that bro that were modded. There is always someone who is faster than me, and there is always someone who is slower than me.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DAMN...just "looks" alone...the FRS looks like an Aston Martin compared to a Fugly CIVIC!!!...
Old 08-17-2012, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The HBF package does not really add much other than a whopping 15mm drop (less than an inch), some badging, and a body kit. The FR-S should handle better as everybody seems to know now but as much as I like the FR-S, I can get a comparable vehicle for less money. I can save nearly $2k over the FR-S for performance parts and have a great car. I will say, the extra 2 grand might be worth it because the FR-S is so aesthetically pleasing. I would love to have either car, regardless of some sport package Honda might be putting on the Si. Either way, these comparisons do not really prove much to me. It all depends on what you want in a car and what you like.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^ I think the HFP Honda also comes with stickier tires and we know that bang for the buck there is no better modification.

Sucks that dollar for dollar the Civic was a little faster, but again, who cares about lap times? I wouldnt be caught dead in something that boring looking and I just do not enjoy FWD like i do RWD.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TotalChaos
The HBF package does not really add much other than a whopping 15mm drop (less than an inch), some badging, and a body kit. The FR-S should handle better as everybody seems to know now but as much as I like the FR-S, I can get a comparable vehicle for less money. I can save nearly $2k over the FR-S for performance parts and have a great car. I will say, the extra 2 grand might be worth it because the FR-S is so aesthetically pleasing. I would love to have either car, regardless of some sport package Honda might be putting on the Si. Either way, these comparisons do not really prove much to me. It all depends on what you want in a car and what you like.

Dropping a car is much more than just the visual lowering. To drop it, the suspension is also stiffer, equating to better handling over stock.

And +1 on that last part. I have a tC (fwd), I am ready for another rwd, so no way I would pass up an FR-S for a sport package Civic SI.

Wouldn't mind seeing a TRD FR-S up against an HFP SI.

And seriously?

Here’s where things get really interesting. Based on the lap times recorded with our Vbox data acquisition and timing system, there was just 1/10th of a second difference between these two pocket rockets, with the Civic Si HFP posting a 1-minute 26.5-second best lap and the BRZ coming in at 1-minute 26.6-seconds.
You going to chose a FWD HFP SI over a Twin because of 1/10th of a sec? Sex appeal and RWD is worth way more than that.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Video:

"Comparing to a regular Civic SI would not be fair. So, we got the HFP SI".

So, if you mod your car up to the "cost" of another stock one, that makes everything fair then?
Old 08-17-2012, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I find it funny it says ''dominates". Didnt know 0.1 sec faster is considered dominating! The civic is fitted with michelle pilot sports which is prolly one of the best summer tires to own. Not to mention it had a better suspension to reduce all the body roll the stock civic had. I own an FR-S n i have to say my tires howl at everyturn i take. And if you pay attention at the end of the video the editor even says that if the brz had better tires it would spank the hpf civic si. But regardless they are both great cars!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Not even so much as "better" tires, but the tires that are on the HFP to be put on the BRZ and it would have spanked it without changing anything else.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea your right he did say the same set of tires...in my book this a win for the frs/brz. Hell there was a review a while back that pitted the brz/frs against the mazda 3 and wrx and it lost with stock tires..but then they fitted the brz/frs with better tires and it better both cars on the track and matched their top speeds on the track, and if u look stats the brz had a higher top speed. Only thing is that i feel that the brz/frs would prolly not be that fun to the editors with stickier tires because this car loves to slide. i pick up speeds around a turn just because its so fun in this car.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha Take It To Nurburgring And Watch That Civic Fail. Honda Dudes Never Accept Defeat! RWD Will Handle Better Than FWD. Any Si Driver Thats Talks Crap About A FRS Is A Idiot. Both Are 2.0 Engines, Making About The Same Power At The Crank. Yet The Frs Is RWD.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by frankiietc
Haha Take It To Nurburgring And Watch That Civic Fail. Honda Dudes Never Accept Defeat! RWD Will Handle Better Than FWD. Any Si Driver Thats Talks Crap About A FRS Is A Idiot. Both Are 2.0 Engines, Making About The Same Power At The Crank. Yet The Frs Is RWD.
Civic SI is 2.4L 201hp

BRZ/FR-S is 2.0L 200hp

Quick Reply: FR-S VS Civic SI