Scion FR-S Forum - The Scion sport coupe

FR-S VS Civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by frankiietc
I don't mind this car not having as much torque.. It would probably start to drift if it had 200lbs of torque with the 200hp.. Making your ep3 really slow Cus it has about 130lbs of torque..Not sure why you ended up buying it..cause it deff lacks torque..making the tc beyond better because it has 163lbs of torque..VTEC this.
Whos ep3 has 130 tq?????? Not mine. Maybe you didnt stalk me enough to know mine is turbo charged. Your living a pipe dream mr. drift master - I could care less about what your saying about my ep3. I also have a scion tc which is much faster than yours, and two honda streetbikes that would rip your car in half. Cars are not fast to me. Maybe if you had a 180hp 430lb streetbike you would understand.

I put up challenge to you specifically in the "my vehicle is faster than your vehicle" category if you want to have your ego busted if you want to run your camry/tc against the "130tq" ep3. Just show up to PA, whenever you want. Until then, you can keep running your mouth like a kid - or show up. Your choice, but I am sure Ill never catch you in harrisburg. All this over your mad that I said the FRS needs more HP? Lol at you, and get a life. I hope you show up. Even putting this out there so there is no twisting of words:

Ill give little frankieetc $500 if you can pull on my ep3 with your scion tc that has your name on the title. Its written on here... take me up on the offer.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
No one here is mad that toyota released the car. Where did you get that from? Infact, the more cool cars that come out, the more COOLER cars are going to come out. It just needs more power. Not aftermarket power. You should not have to mod your car to get it to be a good car. This RWD breed has ALL been done before. RX8, s2k, miata, porsche 944 turbo s, 240, ect ect. My turbo 944 s was cranking 250hp, 50/50 weight distro, and had back seats. WHY cant they give this car what it needs? Toyota, is playing it "safe" and not willing to let their nuts hang.

A car should not need "potential". It should come out of the box ready to rock. Your statement of torque does not matter on a lighter car is coming off as completely ignorant to the fact of what makes a good sports car a good sports car. The car has to be well rounded, not handicapped in a section where it does matter. Torque DOES matter. HP does matter, braking matters, suspension matters. It ALL matters.

This car is not the ariel atom. Its not a "track only" car. The thing is made for the STREETS (and is versatile on the track) but should be designed as such - to drive on the road. When your friends mom beats you in a light to light fun run in a mini-van, you start to re-evaluate your purchase. I dont know how many more times I have to say it - I like the car. I like the design (i think its beautiful) but the car needs more guts. Thats it, plain and simple. Would 30 more hp factory kill the car? I could afford the price hike it would cost, but I shouldnt need the help of the aftermarket to obtain what would make a decent car, a great car. Does that make sense yet?
Well put. When I read over these posts, this is all I am thinking! It just could be better and that's it. I want to see what the FR-S looks like in 3 more model years, unless Toyota follows the path of the tC and not really change it for nearly 5-6 years! I can only bet the motor will get better since it is a brand new motor (if I have heard correctly). Any mods can make a car better. The tC was released and underpowered, heck, still is even in 2012. How do you not make 200 hp from a 4 banger at this point, esp for a "sportier" car? Oh well, I like my tC, I would like a FR-S, and I am a Scion fan in general. That's not to say I don't love other cars.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whos ep3 has 130 tq?????? Not mine. Maybe you didnt stalk me enough to know mine is turbo charged. Your living a pipe dream mr. drift master - I could care less about what your saying about my ep3. I also have a scion tc which is much faster than yours, and two honda streetbikes that would rip your car in half. Cars are not fast to me. Maybe if you had a 180hp 430lb streetbike you would understand.

I put up challenge to you specifically in the "my vehicle is faster than your vehicle" category if you want to have your ego busted if you want to run your camry/tc against the "130tq" ep3. Just show up to PA, whenever you want. Until then, you can keep running your mouth like a kid - or show up. Your choice, but I am sure Ill never catch you in harrisburg. All this over your mad that I said the FRS needs more HP? Lol at you, and get a life. I hope you show up. Even putting this out there so there is no twisting of words:

Ill give little frankieetc $500 if you can pull on my ep3 with your scion tc that has your name on the title. Its written on here... take me up on the offer.
I'm talking about stock cars dude..why did you buy it knowing it was handicapped when it comes to torque? Yeah , your bikes and turbo ep3 will smoke me. My tc stock is simply faster than your ep3 if it was stock. We both have the same 160hp but not the same torque. All of a sudden torque matters to the Honda boys. Race my tc with your ep3 stock..would mind taking those 500 lol
Old 08-21-2012, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm talking about stock cars dude..why did you buy it knowing it was handicapped when it comes to torque? Yeah , your bikes and turbo ep3 will smoke me. My tc stock is simply faster than your ep3 if it was stock. We both have the same 160hp but not the same torque. All of a sudden torque matters to the Honda boys. Race my tc with your ep3 stock..would mind taking those 500 lol
Because I didnt buy it brand new????? If I am buying a brand new car, it better be exactly what I want. I bought it as a beater, then got sucked into playing with it. Just like every single one of my cars I promised myself I wouldnt mod.

Again homey - your in a pipe dream. My cars are not stock, (nor my bikes) and you want to run them stock vs stock?? whats wrong with you? Run heads up, put my built cars against yours. You dont have to pay me a nickle when I win, and Ill cover your trip if you can pull on me. Have fun thinking your stock tc is big/bad. I had the same car as you, and I can tell you unless turbo'd, tc's aint nothing. Do you think I would take all my parts off, and detune my car just to give you a spanking? Why are you saying "if you make YOUR car this way, id race you?" I didnt say that to you - I have no idea whats done to your car - bring it, run it, and see whats up.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Because I didnt buy it brand new????? If I am buying a brand new car, it better be exactly what I want. I bought it as a beater, then got sucked into playing with it. Just like every single one of my cars I promised myself I wouldnt mod.

Again homey - your in a pipe dream. My cars are not stock, (nor my bikes) and you want to run them stock vs stock?? whats wrong with you? Run heads up, put my built cars against yours. You dont have to pay me a nickle when I win, and Ill cover your trip if you can pull on me. Have fun thinking your stock tc is big/bad. I had the same car as you, and I can tell you unless turbo'd, tc's aint nothing. Do you think I would take all my parts off, and detune my car just to give you a spanking? Why are you saying "if you make YOUR car this way, id race you?" I didnt say that to you - I have no idea whats done to your car - bring it, run it, and see whats up.
Back on topic..does torque matter or not?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also - last post on this thread since this is getting stupid.

Stock ep3 times are 15.7 (not a fast car, nor did I ever say it was stock - not sure how _my_ model of car got drug into this from some idiot)

Stock MANUAL tc is 15.7 from car and driver, and the auto is 16.0 (now if you want to argue over a .1 of a second, have at it frankieewhatever)
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...cion-tc-page-1

So how is your car faster again? Your car is heavier, and the power band is different. The gearing on the ep3 is pretty sweet, where your going to need to shift into 4th to cross the line (3rd with my tc being supercharged) and thus, you slow your quarter speed needing that extra shift.

Please please please - show me where your scion tc is much faster than my lil ep3. Now that your done running your mouth, I will stop.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And what does that come to show?!? A car with the same horsepower less torque can keep up with a car that has a little more torque... Meaning the FRS is lighter, same HP, less torque.. Using your logic, the FRS is faster than the SI! I win lol
Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And what does that come to show?!? A car with the same horsepower less torque can keep up with a car that has a little more torque... Meaning the FRS is lighter, same HP, less torque.. Using your logic, the FRS is faster than the SI! I win lol
Didnt you just argue the other way around??? You know, about how your "more torque tc" was faster? Can you pick something and stick with it mr. wishy washy?

Faster than a stock 10 year older civic? I hope so. I really really would hope so. My point to you genius, was that you called out the oh-so-powerful stock tc, saying how you would win a race, stock vs stock against my beater car.

No one cars how fast the FRS is vs my ep3. Not even me. You like to twist things, try and bait people into an argument, then cry when you realize the vehicle you own just sucks. Funny thing is, the FRS (which ive seen numerous vids of it at the track now) is STILL slower than my 10 year old ep3 hatch.

Thats WHATS WRONG WITH THE FRS DUMMY! It needs that extra 20-30hp. Dont you get it yet? You cant argue yourself out of a wet paper bag. If you just spend 27k out the door on your FRS, wouldnt you be mad if a cavalier was passing you and you were trying?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry your rubbing the Honda on me=sometimes torque doesn't matter and all of a sudden it does..I'm talking about the new SI..no I wouldnt be mad..because I know I would get him in the turns with the frs..
Old 08-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

No one here is mad that toyota released the car. Where did you get that from? Infact, the more cool cars that come out, the more COOLER cars are going to come out. It just needs more power. Not aftermarket power. You should not have to mod your car to get it to be a good car. This RWD breed has ALL been done before. RX8, s2k, miata, porsche 944 turbo s, 240, ect ect. My turbo 944 s was cranking 250hp, 50/50 weight distro, and had back seats. WHY cant they give this car what it needs? Toyota, is playing it "safe" and not willing to let their nuts hang.
At it's price point, and because of other cars in it's segment, the power is not insufficient. People are just mad because they didn't get their Supra days back with this car. You can't compare it to a Porsche since it doesn't cost Porsche money. I find it odd however that no one complains about the power output of the Miata or RX8. And people seem to conveniently forget the S2K was $35k in its last year. At that price, only 240hp is something more legitimate to complain about.

A car should not need "potential". It should come out of the box ready to rock. Your statement of torque does not matter on a lighter car is coming off as completely ignorant to the fact of what makes a good sports car a good sports car. The car has to be well rounded, not handicapped in a section where it does matter. Torque DOES matter. HP does matter, braking matters, suspension matters. It ALL matters.
No car is perfect, at least that the average Joe can afford. Either you're going to dish out the money for a superior performance car, or you're going to have to settle with something that may not get everything right. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Based on this logic, I could name something wrong with nearly every sports car under $50k. And what about all the older sports cars? I guess the 240Z was crap too? It only made 150hp/140tq. What about the original AE? The Celica Supra? The FC RX7?

This car is not the ariel atom. Its not a "track only" car. The thing is made for the STREETS (and is versatile on the track) but should be designed as such - to drive on the road. When your friends mom beats you in a light to light fun run in a mini-van, you start to re-evaluate your purchase.
If stop light racing is a big factor in your purchase, the simple sports car isn't for you. Anyone can race in a straight line and you don't need a sports car to do it. I'd just buy a Cummins Ram and beat you while leaving you in a cloud of smoke.

I dont know how many more times I have to say it - I like the car. I like the design (i think its beautiful) but the car needs more guts. Thats it, plain and simple. Would 30 more hp factory kill the car? I could afford the price hike it would cost, but I shouldnt need the help of the aftermarket to obtain what would make a decent car, a great car. Does that make sense yet?
As I said, if you want power you're in the wrong segment. The car is decent as it is. I doubt all the reviews are wrong in choosing it over the car they're comparing it too. Again it's not fast, and it's not perfect. But compared to the other options (new only) at this moment in time, it's right where it should be.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry your rubbing the Honda on me=sometimes torque doesn't matter and all of a sudden it does..I'm talking about the new SI..no I wouldnt be mad..because I know I would get him in the turns with the frs..
Yes, youll always get him "in the turns". Just watch out spraying your nos too early. Wouldnt want you blowing an irrelevant metal panel out of the passenger side of your car, bro.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, youll always get him "in the turns". Just watch out spraying your nos too early. Wouldnt want you blowing an irrelevant metal panel out of the passenger side of your car, bro.
Suspension must always be faster than the engine!..
What is your point on that comment ? Last time I checked, most people that use nos are Hondas.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Suspension must always be faster than the engine!..
What is your point on that comment ? Last time I checked, most people that use nos are Hondas.
OK - so what are the exact number of honda nos users VS. toyota nos users? Did you get that number from books in the library? Where are you basing your "facts" from? You are so blinded by this honda thing it makes you look stupid. We get it, you dont like honda. You think one economy auto maker is supreme to another? Tell us how you really feel! Dude.. put the keys to your camry down, and walk away. You took this in a direction that makes you look like a special olympics champion. I mean, I get it - your twenty years old, finally get a car, and think its the baddest camry out there. We got you... You want to race people stock for stock, and - they cant have any upgrades, or a better car - or you will run away. You have a HUGE mouth, no ***** to back up your swag, and you only own one vehicle.. what are you, poor?

"Suspension must be faster then the engine?" how are you judging that, and what gives you ANY credentials to make this statement? What type of engineer are you, and what is your position at road and track or car and driver? I missed where they put you in the credits each month in the mags. That argument is made for someone who has an underpowered car. In reality - you want your suspension to EQUAL the performance of the motor. You want a perfect balance, not a lopsided car.

Either way, honestly - before I keep making you look stupid (which, your doing a GREAT job of yourself btw) I am going to stop. I have been a member of this website for 7 years, and can not believe I got drug into a tard fight with you. Like I keep saying champ - open invite, bring your camry down, and every single one of my four vehicles will take a dump ALL over you, and you'll like it. Your turning this into something its not, internet bragging about a car you DONT have, and most likely, your poor self will never be able to afford. Your a joke of an enthusiast, and are making tc owners look bad. Your reverse, reverse, of the reverse arguments hold no water and you say one thing, get proven wrong, then say the opposite, then get proven wrong, and still keep running your mouth? Everyone else who contributed to this discussion has time put in on scions, and actually contributes to this website. I prefer the banter back and forth with them because they are intelligent. Someone scraped you off the bottom of a shoe.

Either way frankfurter, please please wear a condom if you find a chick dumb enough to sleep with you. We dont want you having any babies. I like ALL car makers, and can find great autos in each one. You on the other hand, must of been raped by honda at some point. I just think the FRS needs 20-30 more HP. PLEASE come over to ephatch.com and entertain us over there, we are waiting for you.

Last edited by torqueTc; 08-22-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK - so what are the exact number of honda nos users VS. toyota nos users? Did you get that number from books in the library? Where are you basing your "facts" from? You are so blinded by this honda thing it makes you look stupid. We get it, you dont like honda. You think one economy auto maker is supreme to another? Tell us how you really feel! Dude.. put the keys to your camry down, and walk away. You took this in a direction that makes you look like a special olympics champion. I mean, I get it - your twenty years old, finally get a car, and think its the baddest camry out there. We got you... You want to race people stock for stock, and - they cant have any upgrades, or a better car - or you will run away. You have a HUGE mouth, no ***** to back up your swag, and you only own one vehicle.. what are you, poor?

"Suspension must be faster then the engine?" how are you judging that, and what gives you ANY credentials to make this statement? What type of engineer are you, and what is your position at road and track or car and driver? I missed where they put you in the credits each month in the mags. That argument is made for someone who has an underpowered car. In reality - you want your suspension to EQUAL the performance of the motor. You want a perfect balance, not a lopsided car.

Either way, honestly - before I keep making you look stupid (which, your doing a GREAT job of yourself btw) I am going to stop. I have been a member of this website for 7 years, and can not believe I got drug into a tard fight with you. Like I keep saying champ - open invite, bring your camry down, and every single one of my four vehicles will take a dump ALL over you, and you'll like it. Your turning this into something its not, internet bragging about a car you DONT have, and most likely, your poor self will never be able to afford. Your a joke of an enthusiast, and are making tc owners look bad. Your reverse, reverse, of the reverse arguments hold no water and you say one thing, get proven wrong, then say the opposite, then get proven wrong, and still keep running your mouth? Everyone else who contributed to this discussion has time put in on scions, and actually contributes to this website. I prefer the banter back and forth with them because they are intelligent. Someone scraped you off the bottom of a shoe.

Either way frankfurter, please please wear a condom if you find a chick dumb enough to sleep with you. We dont want you having any babies. I like ALL car makers, and can find great autos in each one. You on the other hand, must of been raped by honda at some point. I just think the FRS needs 20-30 more HP. PLEASE come over to ephatch.com and entertain us over there, we are waiting for you.
Cool story bro. Sounds like your mad bro.
Taking this too personal. Your over 30 years old.
I just don't care for hondas. There are nothing special. Except for the NSX, S2k and most Type R models.. Either than that, The rest none are worth bragging for. Also for the record, I am way more educated and won't race you in the streets.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Fr-s needs a Gallo 24 swap bad.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Name:  gallo12_or_gallo24.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  38.1 KB

I didn't know pizza places made motors.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hahahaha^
Old 08-22-2012, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jon
You're more than twice the age of those you argue with and still as immature as anyone you pathetically attempt to correct. You've shown you don't know much about the subject at hand and that you don't like the car. Why you keep posting is beyond me. Oh wait yes I do, you're too insecure to admit you are wrong with your misinformed assumptions. Got it.

Trying to get you to understand the concept of this car is like trying to teach a toddler molecular biology. They're just not going to get it. The only thing you're able to grasp is how fast you can go from point to point. Newsflash, Gramps, this isn't a muscle car. It isn't fast and I haven't seen anyone claim it to be. This car is about navigating corners, not barreling down a straight. But I know the only tracks you're familiar with all have a tree and a water box.
Poor Jonboy... so many insecure misinformed assumptions in your post. Where should I begin? How about my age?... yes, how old am I? You didn't assume that I'm 53 or whatever age SL shows, did you?

Since you're stating emphatically that I am wrong but not offering any specifics or evidence, should I assume that you have none? Pretty much a "I know you are but what am I?" response? Try harder.

Even your exemplar Rhythym sort of admits that there is no way a weak-sauce 86 can compete with a 265bhp FWD hatchback on the track. Have you even thought your argument through at all? You're basically stating that hp and tq are inconsequential for a road racing car. Is that really the argument you wish to stand by?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I wasn't implying that the manual would beat it either. Calm down...another assumption just because I didn't blatantly say it.

Faster track conditions? Wow....that's got to be the funniest thing I've heard yet. It beat the HFP SI by .3 tenths of a second due to faster "track conditions". That's Classic...bhahahahaaaa! This isn't a damn Drag strip where some might be better prepped with VHT. You need to gain some experience when it comes to a road course before you speak about it.
Are you seriously stating that weather conditions and track surface have absolutely nothing to do with road course lap times? I knew you were far from the sharpest tool in the shed but I still didn't expect to see you rolling on the floor laughing at your own stupidity. Pretty amusing nonetheless.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
P.S. Thanks for giving Jon his much-needed reach-around. He needs the reassurance.

Ive lingered around watching these threads. Although many claim the FRS/BRZ platform is "drift oriented", I can add that the 'attitude' of these owners seems to imply that they bought the car for "stop light to stop light" reasons. At least, thats happened to me in the past few months when a few FRS's tried 'inspiring' the attention of a certain turbo xB and failed MISERABLY.

Keep your composure brotha, and remember, your not going to convince FRS owners by any means that the vehicle is inferior....its simply the psychological aesthetics of the hype........all humans tend to overinflate the positives, while ignoring the negatives on a particular subject of positive interest.

For now, all we can say is we will see where sales are at when the '14 models come out........even owners and regional sales managers are sketchy about the vehicle at this point.....here in socal, the majority of the drive has been to sell the FRS with expensive 3 piece "baller" wheels, and that seems to have done the trick so far as sales are concerned, but then again, theres a certain reason toyota is only dropping off 1 or 2 at a time at certain dealerships

Quick Reply: FR-S VS Civic SI